Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 11:04:12 PM
715926 Posts in 53160 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 105
Author Topic: Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread.  (Read 331040 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #840 on: January 10, 2019, 04:53:55 PM »

Another Thursday rolls past and a day closer to the weekend. Spent today going through our orders and updating them, removing references to other ones that have been replaced, setting up contacts with the new squadren being established just now (9, or IX as they prefer to be labeled). The army is trying a new recruitment campaign at the moment. You've got a series of posters with someone from in uniform and a logo like "SNOWFLAKES! We want your compassion" or "Phone Zombies! We want your focus". The guy whose picture was used on the snowflake poster is now quitting the forces just as quickly as he can get out. General reaction to this campaign seems to be almost universally negative.

Apparently warfare has went all touchy feely and we need to empathise more with the people on the other side.

Thinking that is a good way to win a war. If you are on the other side anyway.

Ever had a partner who uses sex to control you? Or tries to anyway. I've had one. Well, maybe I've had more and only just noticed the one. Whenever she wanted to get her own way on stuff we'd have sex. Funny thing is, it never once changed my mind and I figured out that if I wanted sex all I had to do was say no to her on something and I get laid that night. Since she was constantly demanding something it wasn't hard.

Was she controlling me, or was I controlling her? It wasn't a long lasting relationship and I knew pretty quickly it wasn't going to go anywhere. For some reason, though I didn't just end out, instead gently coasting along as things drifted to destruction and arguments. But then I rarely end those things. The part of me that finds humans fascinating to study demands that I sit and watch, see how bad things will get and what people will do.

I figure I was just better at playing her game than she was, but what the hey. Don't suppose it really matters.

Last I heard she was still on a pointless cycle of self-destruction refusing to learn from her mistakes and making the same ones over and over again. Still, each to their own eh?

Now of which answers the important question of the day "What the hell was Peter Fonda doing in Escape from LA?".

Mind you, there are a few questions I could ask about that movie. Just "Why?" would be a start, followed up by "You really thought that was a good idea?"

Maybe it was just preparing us for "Ghosts of Mars."

Still seeing a lot of buzz about Bird Box. Thought it was decent, well enough made. Having watched the extras I can understand why they decided not to show the monsters. They really don't add up to sanity shaking creatures.

Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #841 on: January 11, 2019, 01:32:43 PM »

Just waiting for dinner to arrive and then going to spend a few hours reading. Yeah, I should be doing more prep work for Sunday's game but a night relaxing with Kristi once the little man goes to bed sounds very attractive right now.

Funny how both of us spent a while single before we met and then once we got together suddenly there was a load of people interested in getting with one of us. One tried to make a move on her while I was down the Falklands, another claimed he had a huge slong and wanted to send her photos of it. A pothead from Finland told her that I had some amount of time to marry her and then he was going to take her from me. I had three women decide I was the best thing since sliced bread, two of whom were married.

Does being in a relationship suddenly make you more attractive? Maybe it is just people wanting what they suddenly can't have.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #842 on: January 11, 2019, 01:54:33 PM »

Just waiting for dinner to arrive and then going to spend a few hours reading. Yeah, I should be doing more prep work for Sunday's game but a night relaxing with Kristi once the little man goes to bed sounds very attractive right now.

Funny how both of us spent a while single before we met and then once we got together suddenly there was a load of people interested in getting with one of us. One tried to make a move on her while I was down the Falklands, another claimed he had a huge slong and wanted to send her photos of it. A pothead from Finland told her that I had some amount of time to marry her and then he was going to take her from me. I had three women decide I was the best thing since sliced bread, two of whom were married.

Does being in a relationship suddenly make you more attractive? Maybe it is just people wanting what they suddenly can't have.

Forbidden fruit, combined with the duck decoy effect that goes, oh, if someone else sees something good enough in him to be with him I should find out for myself.

Plus you two are cool people.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #843 on: January 11, 2019, 04:52:07 PM »

I'd picked up some beers and was going to leave them until Sunday, but since me and Kristi are still both subject to coughing fits I figured, what the hell. We aren't going to be having sex tonight. Might as well drink 'em up.

Speaking of drinking, one of ours squadrons is heading out on Red Flag this weekend for a couple of weeks.

So if you happen to be in Vegas and see some naked, drunk guys dancing on top of card tables I most likely know them. Just dfon't ask me any names (although nicknames I might know). They are all hyped up for it. Our guys tend to love going out to the US, cos you can spend a lot longer drinking before you get hammered. Usual procedure is to have a few spirits so you get slightly tipsy and then switch to beers (that way you don't notice the taste of the beers quite as much) and happily drink until you pass out, spew up or die of alcohol poisoning (a guy I used to work with saw this happen to a lad he was on a detachment with in the states. He didn't quite fit in with the rest of the guys, but was trying his hardest to be one of them. They got him to drink a stupid amount of vodka. He knew he should have stepped in and put a stop to it but didn't and the next day the young lad was found dead. Its haunted him ever since that he could have saved the boys life. Anyway, it is why when I was down the Falklands I sat up all night long with my stupidly drunk roommate, making sure he didn't choke to death on his own vomit. Promised myself it would never happen on my watch).

Lost interest in drinking for the sake of drinking in my mid to late twenties. Seems nowadays people do it older, but go out to pubs less prefering to drink at home. Got a song somewhere, where the singer laments about the amount of time he has wasted having good times. Not sure I can think of a better way to spend a life than having good times myself.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #844 on: January 12, 2019, 04:18:52 PM »

Got out today, picked up some birthday presents for Kristi and did some other stuff. Got home and all the stuff I'd ordered online and then forgotten about had arrived, so she has a few more presents than I'd expected.

Christmas and birthdays tend to be a huge surprise for me when I find out what I've bought for someone.

Spent some time sitting with Ash in the man cave tonight. He seemed fascinated with the various Motorhead video's I put on. Good lad.  Cheers Kristi is chilling out and having a rare alcoholic drink (rum and coke) while doing a run of low-level characters in Warcraft from Ogrimmar to Silvermoon. It is a game I taught her (although in my day it was naked gnome runs, while she is having everyone on Taurens doing a running of the bulls). Listening to a lot of Motorhead today. Missing seeing them every November. Oh well, life moves on, regardless of our wishes in the matter and for all, we want it otherwise we are just Canute (Cnut if you prefer) ordering the tide to turn.

Just got a smile and a giggle out of Kristi. I put on Kiss's 'Love Gun' (a song that shocked her when I explained what a love gun is), started dancing around, grabbing my crotch and thrusting it.

The things we do for love.

316zombie
« Reply #845 on: January 12, 2019, 05:26:47 PM »

the things we do for love...my hair is a giant PITA to wash and dry because it's buttlength. i would LOVE to have shoulder length hair, but i keep it long for love. i get it.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #846 on: January 12, 2019, 05:32:06 PM »

I miss having hair that long. Nowadays my head is shaved, but back in the 90's I loved having it as long as possible.

316zombie
« Reply #847 on: January 12, 2019, 06:13:55 PM »

it gets so heavy on my neck and back, it causes pain sometimes.. i live in conductor's caps in the summr, since i can coil my ponytail up into it, lol!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #848 on: January 12, 2019, 06:25:00 PM »

Ever find you accidently pull your own hair when you move around while sleeping? That was the bane of my life at that time lol.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #849 on: January 12, 2019, 08:03:03 PM »

That reminds me, Dusty Hill says he has to sleep in a tee and tuck his beard into it or when he rolls over in his sleep it yanks it real hard.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #850 on: January 12, 2019, 08:40:56 PM »

So here I am awake at a time long past when I should be asleep. After all I am a married man with responsibilities I would argue that go beyond that of the usual husband / father dynamic.

And unless you have been in the military (or related service) I doubt you can understand what I mean by that.

While non-military people may tell you they appreciate your service, I doubt they really can understand what it means unless they have served in a similar position. If you want my honest opinion on something, I think that is right and proper. Your average civilian does not ever need to know what is really done in his name to secure his or her freedoms and to be honest I wouldn't want them to. More than once in my life I have pulled up other veterans for talking about things openly that they really don't need to know.

I am not talking about covering up stuff here or pretending war crimes don't happen or whatever. Just that there are things that happen in the real world that your average person does not need to know about, or be able to handle. For my own reasons I once mentioned one of those things on this forum. It was something I thought about for a long time on wither or not I should talk about. I am not going to go into the details again. Either you know what I am talking about here, or you don't. Suffice to say it was a major turning point in my life. If you have been in a situation like this one, and you want to talk about things, then feel free.

On the other hand if you are some kind of p***y who thinks you are a tough guy just because you think you are hard then, well you can message me too. I am sure the laughter I'll have at your comments counts equally toward stress relief. I mean about 1% of the population can kill on demand. The people who tend to shout out about how "Oh if this person does that then I would kill them" tend to come off as absolute pussies who would s**t their pants if they ever found themselves in the situations they like to boast about.

If you really want to know who you should be scared of, well worry about the quiet people. It seems that if you are the kind of person who can do more than fantasize about killing someone the last thing you do is going shouting about it. Want to know the difference between a p***y and a p***y with a gun for example?

One of them is holding a gun, but they are still a p***y.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #851 on: January 12, 2019, 09:10:44 PM »

We in our ignorance owe more to our protectors in uniform than we will ever know. I don't care if it is a cliche, thanks for your service.

That goes to military, police, firefighters, those in intelligence services and all others who put their lives on the line.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 09:26:12 PM by ER » Logged

justme2013
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #852 on: January 13, 2019, 09:41:46 AM »

Ever find you accidently pull your own hair when you move around while sleeping? That was the bane of my life at that time lol.

No but I do find that the two males in the house keep pulling my hair one because he doesn't know better and the other one because he moves around too much in his sleep and my hair gets in the way.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #853 on: January 13, 2019, 09:56:46 AM »

Decided to sort out our games cupboard a bit today and my own wardrobe. Been meaning to move things about for a while and finally got down to it this morning. All the games we haven't yet gotten around to playing are now living on my top shelf.

One of those games I inherited from my father in law and since none of the counters had been punched out, I guess we have a multi-generational shelf of shame.

While I was sorting through the stuff I found some presents for Kristi I'd forgotten about. From Christmas 2017. Anyway, one of the things she asked for her birthday was a copy of the He-Man movie, so we are sitting watching that just now.

After being ill for a few weeks Ash seems to be back to his normal happy, giggly self.

It is awesome hearing him just constantly laughing again.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #854 on: January 13, 2019, 09:57:21 AM »

We in our ignorance owe more to our protectors in uniform than we will ever know. I don't care if it is a cliche, thanks for your service.

That goes to military, police, firefighters, those in intelligence services and all others who put their lives on the line.

I can shave your head for you if that would help?

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 105
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dark Alex's Really Long Post Thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.