Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:33:51 AM
714508 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Viewings (3 Films) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recent Viewings (3 Films)  (Read 1135 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: March 11, 2005, 10:46:49 PM »

BLACK SCORPION (1957) - It's an ok stop motion giant scorpion movie. Scorpions come from the earth in a remote part of Mexico and attacks Mexico City. The scorpions are the result of some volcanic activity and in the film they show you some real footage of people around a real Mexican volcano eruption. The best parts of the film was when the scorpions attack a train and the masses in the city running from the creatures.

THE SLIME PEOPLE(1963) - It's a film about some creatures that arrive with the fog. They resemble a poor version of PREDITOR only within the fog. It also felt like NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. This film could have been better and I really didn't enjoy the style of the film. Here's Andrews review for The Slime People.

THE CRAWLING HAND (1963) - Always wanted to see this one. The film drags alot, but has a couple decent moments. Astronaut comes back to earth, but is taken over by radiation or something that causes him to want to kill. The astronauts ship is destroyed by mission control to prevent his suffering. Part of his arm and hand land on the beach and a teenager finds it and takes it home. The hand starts killing people while also taken over the teenager. The film was produced by the same company as the THE SLIME PEOPLE. Again I didn't appreciate the style of movie making of eithier film. There are better B-movies.

Rented all 3 from Netfix recently.

Post Edited (03-11-05 21:48)

Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 11:30:01 PM »

I liked the black scorpion. One of the better 'atomic mutant monster' flicks of the 50's.
peter johnson
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 01:46:26 AM »

Scorpion is way cool --
Didn't Willis O'Brion do some of the stop-motion animation on this one?  The same guy that did King Kong?  I'm doing this from memory --
I seem to recall I liked this film quite a bit --
Slime People -- This one has Vanity Project stamped all over it in big, bloody letters -- some minor studio hack finally got permission to use the Paramount backlot to do his little picture.  I especially remember the business about how if you spear one of the creatures, all you have to do is take the head off your spear to make it "slime(bleed)" to death.
Really odd --
Never seen the other one, though I believe with all my heart that The Hand, with Michael Caine, is not only the BEST crawling hand picture ever made, but is in fact Oliver Stone's best movie.
I think I'll start a thread . . .
peter johnson/denny crane
Fearless Freep

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 08:44:31 AM »

My kids really liked "Black Scorpion"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 07:45:35 AM »

THE SLIME PEOPLE was one of the first movies I ever rented on video, WAAAAYY back when I had my Beta machine!

Post Edited (03-13-05 06:45)

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 08:06:25 PM »

THE BLACK SCORPION DVD also has many great extras about stop-motion movies and creators. Some of the films covered in the different extras are KING KONG, MIGHTY JOE YOUNG and it even has a short called PREHISTORIC ANIMALS. Check out the DVD and you won't be dissappointed.

Four different types of giant monster movies:

1) Stop-Motion - (Like The Black Scorpion)
2) Mechanical Giant Creature - (like in Them !)
3) Super-imposed - (like in Beginning of the end)
4) Rubber Suit Monsters - (Like Godzilla)

peter johnson
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 12:53:31 AM »

You left out puppets!:
Sid & Marty Croftt monsters --
The Last Dinosaur!
The Giant Claw!!
Mothra!!!
Or, superimposed animation --
Or, just dragging a tail around:
Reptilicus!!!!
peter johnson/denny crane
Scott

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 04:28:30 PM »

Oh, and I forgot the invisible dinosaur in SOUND OF HORROR.  A must see !

Always had to watch Sigmund and the Sea Monsters every Saturday morning in the 70's.

Saw THE GIANT CLAW as a kid on TV, but would really like to see this film again.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Viewings (3 Films) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.