Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:46:00 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Giant Claw « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: The Giant Claw  (Read 186292 times)
George
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2009, 06:43:14 PM »

Sorry Andrew my friend,I forgot The Giant Claw is out there on dvd,a few places have it by itself like Sci-Fi Station and Monsterlandtoys.

I say to each his and her own as to what they like or don't,I was just set back when the KMR review gave mine a reluctant 2 out of 5 and this thing a 4.

Okay I'll give it a 1 & 1/2,and say that I've seen better,and I've seen worse.

Like Beast From 20,000 Fathoms,the monster wasn't in it enough,but the Beast was a much better made monster.

If this Buzzard had been made much better and in it more,it would of been worthy to compare with Rodan,alas it wasn't meant to be.
NelsonRage
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2009, 03:11:53 AM »

I love this movie anyone mention that you can see the strings attached to the giant buzzard?  I too bought the Sam Katzman collection and was overjoyed to find this in it.

"If we hole up I want to be somewhere familiar, I want to know where the exits are, and I want to be allowed to smoke."
    - Ed, Shaun of the Dead (2004)
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2009, 09:33:25 PM »

That was an amazing movie.  When it showed the bird for the first time, I just started laughing like crazy.   Thumbup

8/10
marcus
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2009, 08:52:49 AM »

Did colonel Sanders have anything to do with this film?,............Over in Britain we had a bird just like this one called Mr Cadbury's parrot.
And one other thing, if only Jeff Morrow and his pals had looked skyward, they would have noticed ( possibly) an even stupider looking person holding the marionettes strings!.
But seriously, a laugh riot if ever I've seen one.
You will not believe what you see ( & hear! )
Hammermachine
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2010, 06:43:30 PM »

I remember this movie from when I was a child, it aired locally in NYC as part of Creature Feature. Of course after your review I had to own it and relive a part of my childhood. Well it was funny then, and it's much funnier now. Thanks!
Jed Siple
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2010, 12:58:34 PM »

Recently bought the Sam Katzman collection, primarily for this movie.  Simply awesome.  I can see why you love it, Andrew.  Everything a movie should be.

Well, whatever it is your not doing, go don't do it somewhere else!
thugdrummer
New Visitor

« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2010, 06:21:47 PM »

Wow! I think I might have been 3 or 4 years old when I saw this, and then I spent the rest of the day hiding under the dining room table so the bird couldn't get me. All these years I couldn't remember the name of the movie. Thanks!
kevin escobar
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2010, 08:21:34 PM »

I know that this is one of the worst movies of the history. Thumbdown TongueOut
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2010, 09:21:36 AM »

Fathers lock up your daughters, because he wears underwear that matches his cap, and it is leather.

Andrew ~ I'm wondering if this guy is a relative of mine? Sure sounds like it.  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2010, 08:00:50 AM »

Fathers lock up your daughters, because he wears underwear that matches his cap, and it is leather.

Andrew ~ I'm wondering if this guy is a relative of mine? Sure sounds like it.  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle Thumbup

I thought that you only bought pure white cotton briefs?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2010, 09:00:44 AM »

I thought that you only bought pure white cotton briefs?

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I....er  Buggedout [insert embarassed cough here] do have some other kinds of undies that I keep for special occasions.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2010, 05:15:04 AM »

Anyone else notice the bird HAD A MOHAWK????
Chuck
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2010, 07:17:29 PM »

This is the " Citizen Kane "  of "B" movies. Makes life worth living.
Lynda from Australia
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2010, 11:21:41 AM »

I am so thrilled to find others who share my great love of this film!! I have spent many hours with friends savouring the inane dialogue and joyously shouting "...as big as a battleship" on the many occasions thoughout the movie that this is said. It's hard to pick a favourite part really. I am totally in love with the bird of course - I mean, who wouldn't be?? I love the way it appears to be flying past the weather balloon camera in one frame then kindly stops for a Cecil B. De Mille close up in the next. I was secretly pleased that it ate the car of teenagers after they referred to Mitch as "Daddy-O". Its combination of beak, flaring nostrils, teeth, mohawk and painfully bent-looking neck are incomparable. I actually find it quite attractive - as far as terrors from the skies go (actually, it has to be a SHE right, she's laying eggs!). She's much better looking than Mitch - IS he cross-eyed at times or am I mistaken? I adore Pierre and his ridiculous apple-jack and the whole good general/bad general interrogation of Mitch. The wonderful atomic spit-ball solution to neutralise the anti-matter shield and make the bird vulnerable to "cannons, guns and rockets" (isn't that Mitch just too clever for words?). Sally and Mitch's sex talk on the plane (until they are told off). And the satisfyingly B-grade quotes!! My all time favourite has to be Mitch's line, "That makes me chief cook and bottle-washer at a one man bird watchers' society". They just don't write 'em like that anymore. The final scene is like icing on the cake. For a giant bird, it seems to make a very light splash when it lands in the ocean. However, that aside, the shot of the claw is priceless. By the way, if you think about it, the bird tended to use its beak much more than its claws during its reign of terror, so I not really sure why it wasn't called The Giant Beak. Ok, if I have to pick a favourite scene, it's Mitch looking at the unrelated crosses Sally is drawing on a map to represent the sites of the bird's attacks, and recognising they occur in a SPIRAL pattern!! It's this kind of logic that I adore about B-grade films!! I am always the better for having chuckled along with Cheers this film, and it's great to know that I am not alone. javascript:void(0);
Tom E.
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2011, 10:10:39 AM »

Who's a pretty bird?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Giant Claw « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.