Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:30:31 AM
714399 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 345956 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1140 on: July 18, 2021, 07:32:31 PM »

I can't even figure out what point Zelmo is trying to make anymore. It's like a riddle, wrapped in an enigma, hidden in a pyramid.
Like that, ya know?
Somebody should make a TV show called 'Journey Into the Mysteries of the Unknown Mind'.
Hosted by the ghost of Leonard Nimoy.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 07:47:25 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #1141 on: July 18, 2021, 11:22:54 PM »

I can't even figure out what point Zelmo is trying to make anymore. It's like a riddle, wrapped in an enigma, hidden in a pyramid.
Like that, ya know?
Somebody should make a TV show called 'Journey Into the Mysteries of the Unknown Mind'.
Hosted by the ghost of Leonard Nimoy.

You said that Jon Stewart was making satire on the Stephen Colbert show. I said that he was being serious. The Biden Administration and the Washington Post appear to agree with me. I don’t see why that point appears to be lost on you.  Question

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1142 on: July 19, 2021, 12:50:04 AM »

But hey by all means keep on trying to convince us that the man who sat there and did nothing while an engineered virus killed all those countrymen of yours and did nothing to punish the country that unleashed it is such a great guy. I mean what's the big deal anyway, you said the vaccine isn't a cure for the pandemic, you've said the pandemic isn't that big a deal. If you are right on that then the vaccine being authorised during trump's time in office is pretty meaningless anyway.

“Did nothing” other than give you your life-saving COVID-19 vaccine, Alex? Let’s get down to brass tacks, soldier: what other government on Earth was the most responsible for getting you vaccinated?

Well since the German government invested $445 million in the drug, while the US government invested a grand total of $0 in it, I'd say the German government was a hell of a lot more responsible for me getting it. The British government pre-ordered 40 million doses of the drug. That had quite a lot to do with me getting it.

Thanks for giving me a big laugh this morning though.

Oh and when you say lifesaving, don't you mean useless and untested? I mean I am sure you've used words along those lines to describe it before. How irresponsible of trumps FDA to unleash such a potentially dangerous drug on the public.  BounceGiggle

Pfizer is an American company though. The U.S. government invested a hell of a lot more into Pfizer’s vaccine research than the German government did. You tell a cute story though, Alex. I wonder if you actually believe what you’re saying too.  Cheers

Like many companies with valuable patents and trademarks, Pfizer takes that intellectual property and registers it in a foreign tax haven that doesn’t tax corporate income. When a customer buys Pfizer’s pills in the United States, the company sends a significant portion of the purchase price to the tax haven subsidiary to pay for the use of the patent. The profit from the sale winds up in the tax haven, while the costs of management, research, marketing, and sales remain in the United States, leaving Pfizer’s domestic operations with large losses.
Last year, the SEC launched an inquiry into how Pfizer could generate 40% of its sales here and yet not report any U.S. profits for four straight years. Pfizer responded by promising better disclosure and then, months later, announced large U.S. losses – for the fifth year.

https://americansfortaxfairness.org/files/Pfizer-Fact-Sheet-FINAL.pdf

Just being an American  company does not mean that the US government invested money in the development of something. BioNTech is a German company and they also partnered up with a Chinese based company for the development of the drug as well (Fosun Pharma). The US government have a project for supplying money for a Covid vaccine development under Project Warpspeed, however the company did not use any of this for R&D. The closest you can get is that the US government agreed to spend $2 billion on purchasing the vaccine IF it proved to be safe and effective. That is money that would be provided after the vaccine was developed, not before and did nothing to help produce it.

Pfizer's tax dealings are pretty standard practice for any large company across the world by the way and nothing there says that they received assistance from the US government for developing the vaccine. Indeed, the money businesses save on not paying tax actually tends to find its way into the pockets of shareholders. That your government hasn't cracked down on this does not equate to funding research on anything.

Cute story indeed and once more thanks for giving me a laugh first thing in the morning.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1143 on: July 19, 2021, 07:44:40 AM »

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-in-their-own-words-six-months-later/

Lots of interesting data in this updated poll about American opinions about the vaccine. The most interesting part is the reasons vaccine skeptics were converted to taking the vaccine: mostly because they saw friends and family take it with no dire side effects, or they were persuaded by loved ones. A key point is that they change their minds because of the examples of people they know and trust, not the word of experts.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1144 on: July 19, 2021, 10:24:59 AM »

Mom of Georgia man, 24, who refused vaccine then needed a lung transplant because of COVID-19 begs people to get their shots 

...A man in Georgia needed a double lung transplant after refusing a coronavirus vaccine and then getting infected.

His suffering prompted his mother to urge others in his position to get vaccinated.

Blake Bargatze, 24, has been hospitalized since April...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mom-georgia-man-24-refused-105708723.html 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1145 on: July 19, 2021, 11:29:24 AM »

One of Kristi's friends in the states made a post about how he'd lost both his parents to Covid who were anti-vaxxers. He described how his mothers lungs had basically been filled with liquid and then when it had hardened, not even a ventilator could give her oxygen. I am glad none of my loved ones bought into the anti-vax BS. It did not sound a pleasant way to go and I'd have hated to have to watch as a friend or family member died that way. Sadly a lot of people listened to fools with big mouths and little else to offer and a lot of people have died who didn't need to.

I have no doubt whenever the next pandemic comes around there will be more of the same.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1146 on: July 19, 2021, 04:33:25 PM »

some food establishments in my neck of the woods are not requiring people making foot to wear masks who prepare food

they have lost my business for my forseeable future

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1147 on: July 19, 2021, 05:19:52 PM »

some food establishments in my neck of the woods are not requiring people making foot to wear masks who prepare food

they have lost my business for my forseeable future

Do what you want, but in my opinion that's a little strong. My nephew is a chef, fully-vaccinated, and he doesn't wear a mask at work, nor would I expect him to. 

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #1148 on: July 19, 2021, 06:24:16 PM »

having worked in various food prep businesses and restaurants for a few years when I was younger I can tell you not wearing masks is the least of your worries.

I once witnessed an entire meal in a frying pan spilled onto the floor then scooped back up into a tray then served to a customer. also a tin of beans that was so old there was rusty metal from the tin actually peeling off into the beans, again served to a customer. Also had a pallet full of cranberry juice cartons with actual live maggots crawling on them get emptied into a big vat to be re-pckaged. (I walked out of that job mid shift!)

bon appetit...  Cheers

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #1149 on: July 19, 2021, 06:29:17 PM »

by the way, my #1 annoyance of this whole situation has been DIRTY USED MASKS FLUNG ON THE PAVEMENT. I walk past so many every day... why no 'bio bins' or such like? any safety that masks may provide when worn surely needs to be followed up with not chucking them on the floor.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1150 on: July 20, 2021, 12:23:35 AM »

the delta variant has thrown a wrench into things
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1151 on: July 20, 2021, 03:17:58 PM »

I see where Zelmo is singing the praises of Trump, but is not mentioning all of Trump's bulls**t he has pulled since the election.
He's gonna sing the praise of a nut who continues to claim he won the election, in July? Gimme a f**king break. Lookingup

Keep digging that grave, Zelmo.
Nobody takes you serious.
 Like Alex said, t is entertaining to f**k with you, though!  BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 03:20:08 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1152 on: July 20, 2021, 03:40:27 PM »

I mean, yes and no. It's only an issue for the unvaccinated. I hate to be Darwinian about it, but I don't see a reason to shut down again when pretty much everyone who wants protection against the threat has had the opportunity to get it.

pennywise37

« Reply #1153 on: July 20, 2021, 11:13:21 PM »

1stly i used to work a burger king when i was younger and people would complain that too much salt on the fries, fair enough as we would put some salt on them after they were cooked, yet when we didn't put any on it they still complained! here's the thing i dunno how it is now cause i haven't worked there since early (2001) but in the mix of the fries there is salt already in there i dunno how much is in it to be honest but it's there.

so we literally could not do anything about it. 2ndly there's a new strain i saw on the news tonight i forget the name of it all i could think of was lamda lamda lamda from Revenge of the nerds (1984) one of the funniest/greatest films of all time. joking aside this one which even the news anchors on Channel 3 even admitted they did a poll in the office and they had never heard of it either. well this one doesn't work with the Vaccine that's out now so we are F... pretty much unless they can come out with a vaccine that will work against that too. it's still pretty new so they know nothing about it.  nice huh? i am not surprised at all to be honest that this one is like that i dunno what states that is in to be honest. but it's scary as hell i think the new strain stars with an L. i just forget the name of it. i went to a store the last night without a mask for the 1st time since Early last year before we got hit with it.

i'm not gonna be doing that again anytime soon since we now got another strain that may come here to ohio who knows when? did you guys here that there was a dude at Fox news i forget his name that said on Monday that they should get the shots and than his audience than used twitter right after he said it and told fox to fire his ass.

Look up what Mo Brooks said about Mask wearing, none of these idiots realize at all that doctors/nurses have been wearing them in  surgery and around patients  for hundreds of years and none of them not a single one as far as i'm aware have ever gotten cancer because they wore a mask.  if they did get cancer it was for a completely different reason. but that what the hell does common sense know ya know?
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #1154 on: July 21, 2021, 01:51:21 AM »

I mean, yes and no. It's only an issue for the unvaccinated. I hate to be Darwinian about it, but I don't see a reason to shut down again when pretty much everyone who wants protection against the threat has had the opportunity to get it.

I don’t know, man. It’s starting to hit close to home for the suppressionists now. These were the same folk that have been railing on the Republicans for the past year. Karma tends to work that way.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/8026250002

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.