Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:22:41 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 346127 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1200 on: August 05, 2021, 06:48:27 PM »

You sound pro-mask if you're wearing it in public around others.  Thumbup I am sad that it causes you anxiety, though.

Masks are more to prevent you from transmitting the virus to others than to stop you from getting the virus yourself. So yes, the idea is that if you have the virus inside you, it will stay in you and not go out to others.

Before the pandemic, I used to think the Japanese and Chinese looked silly and paranoid wearing masks all the time. Now I understand better.

I only wear a mask in public around others in a building and in a vehicle: nowhere else. A security person in my neighborhood saw me walking to the store minus mask and shouted that I should be wearing one: I held up my mask which I carry everywhere with me in public, showing him I had one with me  and held it in such a way that I was giving him the finger when I showed him.  TeddyR

A face covering if it's tight is one of the anxiety triggers I have.

That sounds rude of him.  Thumbdown I hope the vaccine makes its way to you quickly.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1201 on: August 05, 2021, 11:23:44 PM »

i think we should all wear masks but i don't wear one at home either, if we are outside and nobody else is around us yeah i can see you not wanting to wear one. but if you go someplace outside where a lot of people are around you i say wear a mask
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1202 on: August 06, 2021, 12:24:55 AM »

i think we should all wear masks but i don't wear one at home either, if we are outside and nobody else is around us yeah i can see you not wanting to wear one. but if you go someplace outside where a lot of people are around you i say wear a mask

Agreed: for me, it's about keeping others safe.  Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
pennywise37

« Reply #1203 on: August 06, 2021, 12:34:52 AM »

if i go out without a mask i stay away from people and if i am gonna be by a lot of people i wear one. but i've only went out maybe once or twice without one and my area isn't bad yet knock on wood. but than i don't go out that often either and i've had both my shots too
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 12:37:19 AM by pennywise37 » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1204 on: August 06, 2021, 07:45:47 AM »

if i go out without a mask i stay away from people and if i am gonna be by a lot of people i wear one.

You yourself need to keep your mask on at all times in public to protect your secret identity.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1205 on: August 06, 2021, 09:32:33 AM »

if i go out without a mask i stay away from people and if i am gonna be by a lot of people i wear one.

You yourself need to keep your mask on at all times in public to protect your secret identity.

TeddyR TeddyR

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1206 on: August 07, 2021, 09:56:10 AM »

how can anyone support that douche bag? he apparently went to i forget what state recently and all he did was brag on how s**tty of a job he was doing in Florida. the guy is threatening schools if they keep their kids without masks he will go after them than you have other people who have brains said no you make sure those kids are safe and he can try coming after me.

in short De Santis  could care less like Trump who lives or dies yet it never occurs to him once that these idiots who want to vote for him have to be alive to do so. i'm so glad i do not live down there.

I'm sort of guessing, but I think my doctor friend doesn't agree with De Santis on Covid but doesn't think he's done a disastrous job either, and is a lifelong Republican who supports him on other issues. On the other hand he might not support him anymore, I don't know (and it's not something I'd really feel comfortable asking him about). I personally would never support De Santis.

Update on my friend's politics that no one cares about: he posted something today suggesting he's turned on De Santis, at least in regard to his mismanagement of Covid.

pennywise37

« Reply #1207 on: August 07, 2021, 12:46:12 PM »

it's a start but he's still got a long way to go
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #1208 on: August 07, 2021, 06:23:01 PM »

Been fighting a bug these past few days.

Went and got tested and can confirm it's not that particular bug.  I didn't think it was since I've had my shots but just wanted to be sure.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
pennywise37

« Reply #1209 on: August 07, 2021, 07:10:22 PM »

well there's nothing wrong with that i'm glad it's not either of the strains man
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1210 on: August 07, 2021, 08:59:38 PM »

Delta infections are falling in the UK. Hopefully we follow the same pattern. They are a few weeks ahead of us in this latest surge.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/08/the-u-k-s-delta-surge-is-collapsing-will-ours.html

pennywise37

« Reply #1211 on: August 08, 2021, 12:49:14 AM »

it's a start i suppose, in Ohio yesterday we had apparently 2300 cases up from 1700 the day before i dunno that's in all as far as i know it isn't delta or any of the newest strains but that's just a guess of course
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1212 on: August 14, 2021, 09:29:49 PM »

Had to get Covid tested again since someone at my dad's work tested positive. grumbles

yeah no.
pennywise37

« Reply #1213 on: August 14, 2021, 10:47:20 PM »

did you guys hear that there are people that are this stupid enough that they are taking damn i forget the name of the drug but it's a drug that helps de-worm horses they are taking that instead of getting the shot so places are Running out of it. honestly as far as i know no politican told them to do this but than they may have i dunno to be honest. and the answer is yes they are that stupid

sorry to hear that man that sucks i guess people insist on getting the virus they want to die that's all i can think of
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1214 on: August 15, 2021, 12:00:50 AM »

A leading and pioneering SA heart surgeon has now come under fire for her anti-vax statements:

https://www.news24.com/health24/medical/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/complaints-to-be-laid-against-leading-heart-surgeon-after-problematic-video-on-covid-19-vaccines-20210813

I normally ignore stuff like this - freedom of speech is in our constitution after all - but when a surgeon, the first female heart surgeon in Africa, talks like this, it makes me go a little  Buggedout

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.