Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:44:21 PM
714160 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 343301 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1215 on: August 15, 2021, 09:17:53 AM »

A leading and pioneering SA heart surgeon has now come under fire for her anti-vax statements:

https://www.news24.com/health24/medical/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/complaints-to-be-laid-against-leading-heart-surgeon-after-problematic-video-on-covid-19-vaccines-20210813

I normally ignore stuff like this - freedom of speech is in our constitution after all - but when a surgeon, the first female heart surgeon in Africa, talks like this, it makes me go a little  Buggedout

Yeah, the worst part of this is 99 doctors can agree that the vaccines work perfectly, 1 disagrees, and then the anti-vaxxers are like "See? Even the scientists can't agree, no one really knows."  Bluesad

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1216 on: August 15, 2021, 09:19:45 AM »

A leading and pioneering SA heart surgeon has now come under fire for her anti-vax statements:

https://www.news24.com/health24/medical/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/complaints-to-be-laid-against-leading-heart-surgeon-after-problematic-video-on-covid-19-vaccines-20210813

I normally ignore stuff like this - freedom of speech is in our constitution after all - but when a surgeon, the first female heart surgeon in Africa, talks like this, it makes me go a little  Buggedout

Yeah, the worst part of this is 99 doctors can agree that the vaccines work perfectly, 1 disagrees, and then the anti-vaxxers are like "See? Even the scientists can't agree, no one really knows."  Bluesad

Indeed.

I had a flu vaccine in April and normally I'm OK with needles and stuff like that but that jab bleeping hurt. TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1217 on: August 15, 2021, 08:27:02 PM »

Had to get Covid tested again since someone at my dad's work tested positive. grumbles
Update: Covid negative.

yeah no.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1218 on: August 16, 2021, 04:05:43 AM »

Had to get Covid tested again since someone at my dad's work tested positive. grumbles
Update: Covid negative.
Thumbup

bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1219 on: August 16, 2021, 05:08:45 PM »

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1220 on: August 16, 2021, 06:48:41 PM »

Ahnold calls anti vaxers "shmucks".  BounceGiggle

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1221 on: August 22, 2021, 09:29:38 AM »

Sharing this FB post from my brother (who's an MD here in KY). About half the state is fully vaccinated (actually 47%), but the unvaccinated account for 90% of hospitalizations.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 09:32:50 AM by Rev. Powell » Logged

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1222 on: August 22, 2021, 09:32:34 AM »

Sharing this FB post from my brother (who's an MD here in KY).

That's scary, Rev.  Buggedout

I've tried twice to get my jab: maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day as a drugstore group here has said all their branches can accommodate walk-ins, provided they've registered, which I have.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1223 on: August 22, 2021, 09:34:49 AM »

That's scary, Rev.  Buggedout

I've tried twice to get my jab: maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day as a drugstore group here has said all their branches can accommodate walk-ins, provided they've registered, which I have.

Good luck, Trev. Getting vaccinated eases your mind, too. I felt much freer once I got mine. Able to hug my mom, too.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1224 on: August 22, 2021, 07:45:45 PM »

Cases are exploding in North Texas where I live.  98 cases here in Hunt County in one 24 hour period.
I had quit wearing a mask out in public after getting the Pfizer vaccine, but now I'm masking up again.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1225 on: August 22, 2021, 08:10:13 PM »

Some anti-vaxxer Radio host in TN died... warning people to get vaccinated. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/radio-host-regretted-vaccine-hesitancy-004349441.html 

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A conservative talk radio host from Tennessee who had been a vaccine skeptic until he was hospitalized from COVID-19 has died. He was 61.

Nashville radio station SuperTalk 99.7 WTN confirmed Phil Valentine's death in a tweet Saturday...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1226 on: August 22, 2021, 09:23:42 PM »

And I see that Trump just held one of his mass rallies in Alabama, a state where COVID cases are going through the roof already.
Natural selection, do your thing . . .  Hatred

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
pennywise37

« Reply #1227 on: August 25, 2021, 07:51:54 PM »

funny how all these idiots have had the shots and not one of these idiots realize this and they are the ones saying not to get it.

how dense can you be to not realize that every single person in power who tells you not to get it has already had it?
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #1228 on: August 25, 2021, 09:02:44 PM »

Monday, i was covering a colleague's inbox and I see a death notice.

The patient had been 49 years old, about my age... probably had kids like mine.  No health problems except probably some overweight.  Not vaccinated.  He had gotten the infection at a funeral in July, likely.  He and his son got sick, but he went in the hospital 2 weeks later and then he died last weekend.  :( :(

I went home for lunch (i usually do not -- I have way too much to do to spend an hour that way most of the time) and just hugged my kids and ate lunch with them.  I was crushed, that day.   There was no reason for this to happen to this guy.  Where I am, our patients have been able to be vaccinated now for at least 3 to 4 months if not longer.

Then, I came back to work and emailed with a 24 year old, also otherwise healthy, also not vaccinated, who is not going to die but is sick and on week #3 of being out of work and she isn't better yet.  I wrote her further work excuse and clarified her quarantine period.

Jogging last week I got an email from my Bible Study Fellowship table mate.  Our table leader (a 70-something Republican, probably not vaccinated) is in ICU on a ventilator.   Very likely to die.

Today and yesterday I talked with a healthy 30-something patient of mine (not vaccinated) that I've known for years.  I literally have begged her to get vaccinated.   She has fibromyalgia and is worried that she'd get sick from the vaccine.   I've told her, respectfully, everything I can about that concern.    I hope that she'll decide to take a vaccine.    If she begs me for a medical exemption (because she is a state worker and the vaccine is mandatory, or she could lose her job), I will have to tell her that she is not medically exempt.  :(

It's so senseless.   I wish I could inflict just punishment on the people who f**ked this all up with their lies.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1229 on: August 25, 2021, 10:11:09 PM »

I spent an hour sparring with anti-vaxxers on social media tonight, and was so depressed when I was done . . . so much selfishness, so much embracing of quack cures, so little common sense.  I mean, these people will take a freaking CATTLE WORMER because someone else took it and said they got better, but they won't take a vaccine developed by the world's top medical scientists specifically to fight this virus!

I have two co-workers with spouses fighting COVID right now.  One of them is in ICU on a ventilator.
It's heartbreaking.

Just get the damn shot, people.  Please.  I've lost too many friends this year; I don't want more people dying needlessly!

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.