Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:44:04 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 337105 times)
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #870 on: February 03, 2021, 12:09:03 AM »

Had  Moderna dose #2 on Saturday and felt cruddy that night (aches, chills) -- not debilitating just unpleasant.   50% less so on Sunday, and normal on Monday.
Arm is less sore than last time.   So, for strong assurance of avoiding the ICU, that's a great trade.

I'm doing vaccine clinic this weekend which will be fun and a good change of pace.

If any questions about the vaccines, fire away, I've had plenty to read on them recently.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #871 on: February 03, 2021, 08:47:03 AM »

If any questions about the vaccines, fire away, I've had plenty to read on them recently.

Am I correct in saying that although the current vaccines may not be as effective in stopping transmission of the new mutations of the virus, they nevertheless still reduce the severity of symptoms of the new variants?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pennywise37

« Reply #872 on: February 04, 2021, 11:46:50 PM »

well i dunno the answer to your question but i had my 1st Vaccine today and my arm still hurts.  i go in a month for my 2nd one i feel fine otherwise
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #873 on: February 04, 2021, 11:50:00 PM »

...If any questions about the vaccines, fire away, I've had plenty to read on them recently.

Do doses of vaccine expire relatively quickly? 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #874 on: February 05, 2021, 03:52:31 PM »

I now know three people personally who died of this *&^%$# Chinese virus.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #875 on: February 05, 2021, 11:19:15 PM »

Am I correct in saying that although the current vaccines may not be as effective in stopping transmission of the new mutations of the virus, they nevertheless still reduce the severity of symptoms of the new variants?

Seems to be the case so far.  But, that is being feverishly studied.    The best thing to do is to vaccinate everyone we can fast as we can and minimize these mutations happening.

But against the variants there definitely still is effect on disease severity too.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #876 on: February 05, 2021, 11:21:11 PM »

...If any questions about the vaccines, fire away, I've had plenty to read on them recently.

Do doses of vaccine expire relatively quickly? 

Once you thaw the vaccines you have to keep them refrigerated and use them within 5 or 30 days (depending on which of the big two it is).
The way we've been doing our clinics is setting appointments and thawing enough vaccine to do that given day only.

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #877 on: February 05, 2021, 11:21:46 PM »

well i dunno the answer to your question but i had my 1st Vaccine today and my arm still hurts.  i go in a month for my 2nd one i feel fine otherwise

If it's the moderna, take some tylenol or ibuprofen before you take dose #2. 
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #878 on: February 06, 2021, 10:43:05 AM »

Ugh

Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds signed a new public health proclamation on Friday rolling back all COVID restrictions on Iowa businesses.

Effective at 12:01 A.M. on Sunday, the proclamation removes mask requirements, gathering limits, and restrictions on businesses.

“The proclamation strongly encourages Iowans, businesses and organizations to take reasonable public health measures consistent with guidance from the Iowa Department of Public Health,” said Pat Garrett, a spokesperson for the Governor’s Office.

#CovidKim is one of the worst governors in the country and Iowa has been at the bottom in terms of COVID response, vaccination, and having a high infection rate.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Bushma

« Reply #879 on: February 07, 2021, 06:59:07 PM »

Let me preface this by saying I'm in the US.  I've spent too much time at home watching TV lately, which hasn't been all bad, Bubu Ho-Tep was on a couple of weeks ago!  One of the things I've noticed lately is all of the commercials for lawyers doing class-action lawsuits against companies who went through the entire FDA testing process for drugs and the long term effects are so bad the companies are being sued.  Now they want me to take a vaccine for a virus which they rushed?  TBH, I don't want to take the vaccine because if normal stuff released to market has all these side effects, why would I want to take something that they rushed?

Now, I'm not an anti-vaxxer or anything.  Vaccines have done wonderful thing to help humans.  I'm just worried about what they are pushing and the lack of testing to get something out to the public.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #880 on: February 07, 2021, 09:09:05 PM »

Now, I'm not an anti-vaxxer or anything.  Vaccines have done wonderful thing to help humans.  I'm just worried about what they are pushing and the lack of testing to get something out to the public.

I don't blame you. You should not feel shamed or pressured by anyone for not taking the rushed vaccine, simply for that reason that nobody really knows what its long-term effects are. Anybody that tries to ridicule you is an even bigger idiot than the anti-vaxxing camp that they continuously try to ridicule. What's worse is when the news media is trying to sell the COVID-19 vaccines like snake oil. I don't find this particular article reassuring, for example:

“They overlapped preclinical studies with the early phases of the trials,” said Dr. William Moss, executive director for the International Vaccine Access Center at Johns Hopkins University. “In fact one of the reasons we are even talking about vaccines now just 10 months later is that some of the phases in which vaccine development normally occurs were overlapped rather than done sequentially.”

University of Pennsylvania professor of medicine Dr. Drew Weissman, who has been studying mRNA and mRNA vaccines for decades, said they do not cause dangerous inflammation to animals. Along with the vaccines for Pfizer and Moderna both passing animal trials, they also passed clinical trials on humans where they were tested on more than 70,000 people.

“Clinical trials for 75,000 people show it’s safe and it’s 95 percent effective,” Dr. Weissman said. “That’s pretty good data to convince people that it is OK.”

A serious safety issue would have surfaced in the trials if there was one, said Dr. Peter Hotez, dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston and co-director of the Texas Children’s Hospital Center for Vaccine Development.

While mRNA is a new technology, experts have been working on it for years.

“It’s not just as though these technologies were just starting to be developed during the pandemic,” Dr. Moss said. “There has been a lot of preparatory work.”

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-9792931264

It is hard to "trust the science" when it is being rushed out so quickly. They are expecting 75,000 human lab rats to be the prototypical template for billions of people around the world; that is akin to one drop of fresh water in the Dead Sea, hoping that it gets rid of all of the salt in the seawater. And the way that they are selling the snake oil: "Oh no, we didn't skip the lab animal trials, we did them at the same time!"  Lookingup

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #881 on: February 08, 2021, 10:43:03 AM »

The mRNA vaccines have been under development since the 1990s.  What was "rushed"?   Lookingup

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #882 on: February 08, 2021, 06:33:01 PM »

The conservative in me wants to say that there's normally way too much regulation, government bureaucracy and red tape at the FDA, and that this fast vaccine rollout is a triumph of the free market.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #883 on: February 08, 2021, 06:34:36 PM »

The mRNA vaccines have been under development since the 1990s.  What was "rushed"?   Lookingup

Using people as human lab rats without first seeing what the effects are on lab animals sounds pretty rushed to me.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #884 on: February 08, 2021, 09:51:09 PM »

It is hard to "trust the science" when it is being rushed out so quickly. They are expecting 75,000 human lab rats to be the prototypical template for billions of people around the world; that is akin to one drop of fresh water in the Dead Sea, hoping that it gets rid of all of the salt in the seawater. And the way that they are selling the snake oil: "Oh no, we didn't skip the lab animal trials, we did them at the same time!"  Lookingup

This is a for-layperson counterexample that is correct,

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/commentary/2020/11/20/allison-weis-covid/

If you take very specific exception to any points raised, glad to discuss.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.