Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:34:59 PM
713362 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339688 times)
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #180 on: April 05, 2020, 11:31:11 PM »

It's looking like the only way to beat COVID-19 without a vaccine is going to be via herd immunity like how we beat the chicken pox before a vaccine was developed for that. Dr. Fauci says that it's probably going to be a seasonal thing, which sounds like just another flu shot for you folks to pester the anti-vaxxers into getting every year.

Coronavirus could become a seasonally recurring menace, the nation’s top infectious-disease expert warned Sunday.

“Unless we get this globally under control there is a very good chance that it’ll assume a seasonal nature,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on CBS’s “Face The Nation.”

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-dr-anthony-fauci-seasonal-recurrence-20200405-us55hv3vnfec3gr3vddcmcavnq-story.html

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
pennywise37

« Reply #181 on: April 06, 2020, 02:15:09 AM »

i had a flu shot last fall and i know this virus isn't the flu but one wonders if that does help keep you from getting it?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2020, 06:31:26 AM »

for you folks to pester

The only pest around here is you. Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #183 on: April 06, 2020, 07:34:36 AM »

i had a flu shot last fall and i know this virus isn't the flu but one wonders if that does help keep you from getting it?

Doubtful. Coronaviruses cause the common cold. The flu is influenza, which is a different virus altogether.

------------------
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #184 on: April 06, 2020, 02:22:51 PM »

Just heard our Prime Minister is now in intensive care with Covid-19. A comedian who was big back in the '70s and '80s (part of a double act called Little and Large), died from it. The Scottish Chief Medical Officer has been more or less forced to step down after she was caught out breaking the don't travel to holiday homes two weekends in a row.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
pennywise37

« Reply #185 on: April 06, 2020, 03:49:25 PM »

really last i heard he was doing better.. with me i've got allergies so how in the hell am i suppose to tell which is which?
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #186 on: April 06, 2020, 03:53:48 PM »

Yeah, it’s all that you can get on the news here.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2020, 04:00:05 PM »

really last i heard he was doing better.. with me i've got allergies so how in the hell am i suppose to tell which is which?

Me too. I had a bad bout of what were probably allergies just as the story was starting to gain momentum. People thought I was joking when I told them I hoped I had the virus, but I really wanted that sweet, sweet immunity.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #188 on: April 06, 2020, 04:56:53 PM »

rev, there's no gaurantee at all that recovering from the virus will mean immunity, i've read several stories about doctors worldwide thinking that some of the people they're treating for it now were re-infected.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #189 on: April 06, 2020, 05:24:09 PM »

rev, there's no gaurantee at all that recovering from the virus will mean immunity, i've read several stories about doctors worldwide thinking that some of the people they're treating for it now were re-infected.

You're right, there's no guarantee, but there is an excellent chance.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pennywise37

« Reply #190 on: April 06, 2020, 05:44:09 PM »

i'd say it's 50/50 it's possible if you get it and you live through it you won't get it again and there's another 50% that if you get it once and live thorough it you can get it again even easier. either way they have no idea or proof which one is right or hell even if my percentage is right or wrong
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #191 on: April 08, 2020, 12:57:59 PM »

I think I may have had it in January.

ALSO

follow up to the controversial column I posted last week

https://www.takimag.com/article/wuhan-derangement-syndrome/

In this one, the author attempts to steer the wuhan origin story away from the "escaped from a lab" hypothesis to the wet market one, which is still the one most people know.

The science on SARS is uncontested, but that’s only because it didn’t become a huge international plague. SARS conspiracy theories didn’t drive web traffic, so the fantasists let it be. But with COVID, we want a mad scientist in a lab as the villain, not a billion arrogant, selfish, but ordinary a***oles who refuse to alter their gutter tastes in the name of saving lives.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 01:04:09 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #192 on: April 08, 2020, 09:08:07 PM »

I think I may have had it in January.

I had those same symptoms that they listed to look out for when I was last sick at the end of September. I just remember that it felt different from a regular cold because of how quick that it arrived, it stuck around for 5 days or so, and then the fever went away and other than losing my voice for a couple of days and coughing up a bunch of crap out of my lungs I felt just fine.

I know that September is outside the fringe of when it was first reported in November, but you can't trust any information that comes out of China anymore. As much as China had tried to "Chernobyl" this whole thing, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if we all had a touch of it throughout last year already before it had mutated into something much more contagious later in the year.

------------------
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #193 on: April 08, 2020, 09:23:43 PM »

I constantly go in and out of the city and specifically the airport and haven't been sick since then. I'll never know I guess
pennywise37

« Reply #194 on: April 08, 2020, 10:16:49 PM »

yeah but do you really want to? i mean come on if that was it i say just be grateful you got over it guys and hopefully you won't get it again that's how i look at it anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.