Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:45:54 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339510 times)
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #210 on: April 12, 2020, 03:54:42 PM »

i predict junction city will be kansas's next " hotspot". the pastor of calvary baptist church defied the kansas supreme court's backing of governor kelly's order of no services with more than 10 people. i can't even express my disgust... Hatred

don't EVEN...EVER!
pennywise37

« Reply #211 on: April 12, 2020, 07:18:58 PM »

the sad thing is that people just don't think it's real even though to everyone here it is real, they think that just because they go to church they won't be touched when that's not how it works. indiansmith i hope i'm not offending you that isn't what i'm trying to do, i think you are smart to stay home this easter too.

i think if the churches are doing a service online where it's healthy and it's keeping everyone safe and it's the smart thing to do that's what they should do.
a friend of mine who does go to Mass every sunday with his wife was just telling me about a week or so ago that him and his wife are creating their own little mass for them and their little girl who is i think 3 or 4 years old.  they also are using the internet as well which is smart i think and we can joke about how

that weeds out the stupid and yeah it does but the truth is sometimes there are more stupid people than smart people and that's what half the population right there sadly. i do think that if more people stayed home and when they do go out they were more careful than i think less people might die than there are..

i can't say that it would 100% work cause i dunno if it would but it might help some at least and who knows maybe by July we can go back to our somewhat normal lives  well those who are lucky to be able to do that anyways. but for those who have lost loved ones nothing will ever be the same for them again sadly. sure they can leave the house when it's over and live their lives to some degree but when you have a disease that kills your loved ones you can't not be changed by that ya know? the same friend i was talking about he lives in the USA he was telling he's got a friend in the UK who has trouble  with her health normally he's worried she might get it too.

well as i told him i hope she ends up being okay even if it's a woman i've never met nor do i even know her name for that matter.

i dunno if ohio has a hotspot does it?
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #212 on: April 12, 2020, 08:55:21 PM »

i know dayton is considered one, i'd have to google for more, if there are more.

don't EVEN...EVER!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #213 on: April 12, 2020, 09:38:19 PM »

Honestly, if a pastor defies the order and his congregation has an outbreak, I think he could be open for lawsuits.

One of my friends on Twitter said there was a funeral for a distant relative last month; she stayed home and made her son stay home. Out of 50 people that went, 26 got COVID-19, two died, and six were hospitalized.

That's a bad bug!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
pennywise37

« Reply #214 on: April 13, 2020, 12:04:57 AM »

i know right, i am from Amherst ohio, that may have been the funeral my mom was telling me about a week or two ago i forget anymore.  did you see that that Carrier i think it's the same that colonel ? or whatever his rank was i forget was fired from, i am not sure if it's the same ship but as of a day or two ago it had 550 infected people. i dunno how many died cause i didn't read the article and in the title it didn't say either.

i can respect someone who wants to give a nice funeral for their friend or family  member don't get me wrong, but this isn't the time to do a service unless you want to join the person that died. but than what do i know ya know?
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #215 on: April 13, 2020, 06:39:43 PM »

you know more than far too many people, my friend. the idiotic comments i read today in my newspaper feed were sickening.

don't EVEN...EVER!
pennywise37

« Reply #216 on: April 13, 2020, 07:53:36 PM »

i've got some even worse news for you it's not just your newspaper but EVERYWHERE sadly  Hatred
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #217 on: April 14, 2020, 06:56:19 PM »

i know... my FB friend list has been seriously decimated. anyone who doesn't think this is serious and killing people isn't going to worry about killing ME by giving it to me, so they're gonesville.
   and after yesterday's televised meltdown that included a TAXPAYER FUNDED campaign ad, so are the trump cult members. even the ones i love.

don't EVEN...EVER!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #218 on: April 14, 2020, 07:44:05 PM »

The chorus of cheers on my FB feed when Trump announced that he is cutting funding for the WHO is truly depressing.
Like all bureaucracies, I am sure that WHO has its share of problems.
But slashing our contribution in the middle of a worldwide pandemic is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
I am embarrassed at what the world must think of us!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #219 on: April 14, 2020, 08:33:42 PM »

The chorus of cheers on my FB feed when Trump announced that he is cutting funding for the WHO is truly depressing.
But slashing our contribution in the middle of a worldwide pandemic is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Wow, I figured even Trump supporters would realize that was a huge f-up.

I bet that if he had INCREASED funding to the WHO, the very same people would be cheering just as loud.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pennywise37

« Reply #220 on: April 14, 2020, 10:30:08 PM »

the people who cheer that i think well to keep it clean i think they are too stupid to realize how it may affect them too. they give no Sh*t about another human much like our so called president. i have a rule i made myself whenever he shows up on my tv i instantly change the channel.  ya know we have had what #45 presidents? honestly i have not been keeping track on what number we even are on since i left school in june on of (1999) 

and history was never a strong subject for me but certain parts in history do interest me like JFK's death and the water gate scandel and those are due to the films about them pretty much.  and i love the film Malcom X but i do not know much about the man to be honest, anyways, my point is off the top of my throughout history i do not remember and i'm 41 years old i'm gona be 42 this year, i had to do an extra year or two of high school in case you are wondering.

anyways i don't think there has been any other president that people go this much gaga over to use an old saying. to believe everything he says, now i know both sides are full  of sh*t but i don't even remember them lying this much as they have this term do  you?   i don't even think we had any Politican on either side who has had the amount of well what The orange cheeto has do you? or am i wrong?

i've always thought Trump still thinks it's that stupid tv show he used to do that i never watched. a girl i know i remember when she was in College was forced to a report on it while shew as in college and even she was like WTF is this? 

there was a guy on you tube that was posting stuff that i'd love to say what it was but let's just say that it was him saying he wanted to hurt him real bad.
i may not like the guy but i'm not stupid enough   to post that kind of stuff online nor do i think it's worth doing that kind of thing to him at all.

a guy i listen to is i think blocked by  trump on twitter and this guy's got a few podcasts and a couple years back he made a remark and i'd love to say what it was but i don't remember offhand what it was and  though he was joking he had the secret service visit him and i don't want that to happen to me.

he talked about it on his podcast that's how i know about it. anyways i'm sorry you had to take anyone off your face book page. but i'd do the same thing if it was me.
pennywise37

« Reply #221 on: April 14, 2020, 10:36:56 PM »

i've vented online about him at times but anyone who says they want to hurt him in any way is an idiot. even if i say it in my own home and not online it's just me venting and it's just not worth it ya know? my point is it's amazing what some people online and i am curious if anyone does go after him? with that remark on you tube i would not be surprised if someone did.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #222 on: April 15, 2020, 12:42:04 AM »

I wonder if what he's doing isnt trying to get the WHO to pick a new leader, which they should probably do. the current one is well in the pocket of China
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #223 on: April 15, 2020, 09:18:30 AM »

Wow, I figured even Trump supporters would realize that was a huge f-up.

I bet that if he had INCREASED funding to the WHO, the very same people would be cheering just as loud.

It's depressing.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #224 on: April 15, 2020, 01:26:37 PM »

Just got a letter from work telling me because of Covid-19 I've to go home for 12 weeks, but I am still going to be on full pay. The only kicker is that I am not allowed to leave the house for those 3 months.

As an introvert, I would have to say I have just hit the jackpot.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.