Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:58:18 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339513 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #240 on: April 17, 2020, 02:23:32 AM »

Is it true that in the States staff who work in other departments in hospitals have been sacked since non-essential surgeries have been cancelled? If that is true surely these medical personal could be deployed in other more critical areas of health care?

Just curious. I am pretty sure if this is true that there would be plenty of other countries willing to give jobs to trained and qualified medical professionals right now.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #241 on: April 17, 2020, 07:44:23 AM »

Is it true that in the States staff who work in other departments in hospitals have been sacked since non-essential surgeries have been cancelled? If that is true surely these medical personal could be deployed in other more critical areas of health care?

Just curious. I am pretty sure if this is true that there would be plenty of other countries willing to give jobs to trained and qualified medical professionals right now.

Some are. It's one of the downsides of privatized health care. In other areas, there are shortages of health care workers and they are begging folks to come out of retirement.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #242 on: April 17, 2020, 03:00:12 PM »

Finally somewhat good news here in Germany

Where are people best protected from Covid-19? According to a new ranking, Germany is currently the second safest country (first: Israel)  in the world to be in during the coronavirus crisis.
Given its initially high infection rates, Germany has been extremely efficient and has successfully stopped the spread of the disease without reaching the level of other countries – this will give Germany considerable economic advantages after the pandemic.

This is far from over but after weeks of stress and scary news, positive news are more than welcomed. So far we only had one officially confirmed case of a young woman infected with the virus in our town four weeks ago. She's not quite over the hill yet but doing fine. Hopefully things will get better in other countries soon as well.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 06:29:13 PM by claws » Logged
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #243 on: April 17, 2020, 03:34:43 PM »

one of my twin nieces is a CNA, she's now in a rapid fire training program to become an LPN, as well as doing her normal job,so she's doing 12 hour days , 6 days a week. and several of my ebay friends are retired nurses, 6 have gone back to work, the other 2 are on call. ALL of my active nurse friends are doing extra shifts, i worry so much about them...

don't EVEN...EVER!
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #244 on: April 17, 2020, 03:35:56 PM »

glad to hear that claws, it's very encouraging!  Cheers

don't EVEN...EVER!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #245 on: April 17, 2020, 04:30:54 PM »

Finally somewhat good news here in Germany

Where are people best protected from Covid-19? According to a new ranking, Germany is currently the second safest country (first: Israel)  in the world to be in during the coronavirus crisis.
Given its initially high infection rates, Germany has been extremely efficient and has successfully stopped the spread of the disease without reaching the level of other countries – this will give Germany considerable economic advantages after the pandemic.

This is far from over but after weeks of stress and scary news, positive news are more than welcomed. So far we only had one officially confirmed case of a young woman infected with the virus in our town four weeks ago. She's not quite over the hump yet but doing fine. Hopefully things will get better in other countries soon as well.

Yeah, I think Germany killed it with the testing.  Thumbup

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2020, 05:03:35 PM »

That out of state trip I mentioned in an earlier post-  it was going to be to San Diego Comic Con.  They just announced it today that they are cancelling the 2020 event.  Not postponing-cancelling until 2021.  We'll get refunds for the tickets we bought, but it sucks.  I was really looking forward to going.  I've never been to California before, and it sounded like it was going to be a really great time. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #247 on: April 17, 2020, 05:46:50 PM »

Damn, sorry to hear you are going to miss out on that one.

claws, I hope Germany continues to keep it under control and serve as an example of how to deal with something like this.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #248 on: April 19, 2020, 03:15:27 AM »

you are RIGHT,indy, the death count is way low according to the people i know in the medical community, because autopsies are rarely testing for covid19. and as for people with underlying issues being referred to as covid19 related if the person tested positive, THEY ARE . many people are dying because this disease debilitated their already compromised systems, and if they HADN'T been infected , they'd be alive now.

And you're certain of this? Presumptions have no place in modern medicine. Why trust any doctor at all at that point?

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #249 on: April 19, 2020, 07:08:42 AM »

All the guidelines say is that if a person dies with all the symptoms of COVID-19 - which American doctors, especially in NY, have become all too familiar with - and no test is available, the attending physician may list Corona as the probable cause of death.  Doctors have always had this right.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
pennywise37

« Reply #250 on: April 19, 2020, 04:28:38 PM »

did anyone see that Texas and Florida are dumber than a box of rocks cause they reopened partly, with Florida opening their beaches because the governor has rocks for brains and doesn't care if anyone dies of this virus texas too and anyone who rushes out to the beach is a complete moron/idiot/F.idiot....etc..

instead of staying home any i dunno maybe surviving this crisis. i dunno why the people of Florida are in such a panic they haven't been in shut down that long compared to the rest of us. i wonder how long it's gonna be until those states are hot spots? but than we have a president who cares nothing for human life and only cares about money. i was watching a video where they are giving billions of money to their rich friends and it was a first for me cause it was making me so angry i shut the video off. those rich people are not suffering like the rest of us at all

i sound angry about the beaches and opening any of the states right now because of the fact that if they do that right now with millions of people now dead and dying. and than you have no doubt cases that aren't even being open and than i learned yesterday that they announced on Friday that they are letting anyone who isn't a doctor or in a job where you need to know if someone is sick the bosses in charge don't have to tell their worse if there are any infected if they don't choose too and the WHO was okay with this.

and it makes me mad because when we have that and cases where it's not reported but hid from nursing home and so forth. how the hell are we suppose to stop this  and get back to normal? at this rate we won't have lives again until 2030!  i'm glad that Germany was smart to be able to do that but here in america where they care more about money than people lives makes me ashamed to even be living here.

so in this post yeah it does anger me. man do we really need George Carlin right now
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 04:52:26 PM by pennywise37 » Logged
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #251 on: April 19, 2020, 05:14:33 PM »

There is a joke going around just now where people are discussing Covid-19. It goes "What borders on stupidity?" Answer "Canada and Mexico." People in countries like India are saying that while they have it bad, they at least have the comfort of knowing they are not the US. On the other hand, Italy is saying that it messed up its response to the outbreak, but the UK hasn't looked at what Italy did wrong and is going to end up worse off. I've not checked out any domestic news articles for a few days though, so I have no real idea how bad it is (or isn't), over here.

pennywise37

« Reply #252 on: April 19, 2020, 06:45:42 PM »

ya know as someone who was born here in the states if you want to crack on our country now i don't really mind because of the such poor leadership we currently have in Washington.  the stupidity factor seems to tip the scales more in the states most i think because of that. others on here may take offense on your remarks but i'm not one of them.

another reason why i went off is because i've been off work for nearly 40 days now and being cooped up is not only stressful it's just plain boring and not being able to be around people really gets to ya when i'm a people person and i always have been. the good thing about this and the only good thing really is that i'm not alone in feeling this way just like everyone on this board also feels that way no doubt. but when you have people weather they are suppose to be leaders  or just the general public not give a rat's ass for their own health and safety not just for them but for others as well.

it just makes me angry that all i want right now is things to go back to normal as  we all do here. but how can we do that if these morons are going to beaches and protesting staying at home making this thing even WORSE! maybe infecting others people as well and therefore we will be stuck inside even longer because of their stupidity. i mean it was bad enough with those morons who were on spring break but ya know what? those idiots at least came to their senses. that one young guy i dunno his name did apologize for not being at home.

than there was a story awhile back where one went home and his dad would not let him inside the house. one wonders what did happen to that kid?
there was a bad tornado here about a week ago and we got lucky and it didn't hit us THANK GOD!

but a lot of people lost their houses and their safety so they are now in a gym with a slew of people and that's the only place that the police and hospitals etc.. were able to find for them so that's not by choice. 

that's the exception ya know? i saw Josh Brolin apparently posted on instagram a picture of him with his kids. sorry for my bad spelling
and he wasn't hugging them but he visited them.

he got called out for it by fans and he was man enough to say you are all right i was an idiot and i wasn't thinking i wasn't being responsible at all.
he since took the picture down and i give him major respect for admitting that to everyone
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #253 on: April 19, 2020, 07:06:27 PM »

you are RIGHT,indy, the death count is way low according to the people i know in the medical community, because autopsies are rarely testing for covid19. and as for people with underlying issues being referred to as covid19 related if the person tested positive, THEY ARE . many people are dying because this disease debilitated their already compromised systems, and if they HADN'T been infected , they'd be alive now.

And you're certain of this? Presumptions have no place in modern medicine. Why trust any doctor at all at that point?
  yes child, i AM certain. so are doctors AND governments world wide. and i'm SURE as hell going to trust a doctor over the douchebag maniac in the white house.

don't EVEN...EVER!
VenomX73

« Reply #254 on: April 19, 2020, 07:06:33 PM »

I'm still waiting for my paper stimulus check... I lost my 2nd job because of this nightmare...

I hope everything goes back to normal soon

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.