Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:44:02 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339704 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #285 on: April 25, 2020, 09:16:43 AM »

my husband has to go back to work on monday because his employer got the PPP LOAN. and no offense to the youngers here, but he works with young idiots. in all honesty, i'm terrified for him, and for me. i'm not dealing with this well yet, i'm not sure i ever will. i wish they had let HIM stay laid off,since he has heart issues. i'm really TRULY scared for the first time since this started. i've already lost 3 friends, i CAN'T lose my husband, and he can't lose me. i can't even think right now....

Chances of you or your husband being hospitalized are super-low. Most people who get infected never even know, it or have only mild symptoms. Observe all the precautions, don't go out unless you have to, wear a mask when you can, wash your hands. You're going to be fine. Anxiety is probably worse for your health right now than viruses are.  Cheers

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #286 on: April 26, 2020, 04:30:46 AM »

Chances of you or your husband being hospitalized are super-low. Most people who get infected never even know, it or have only mild symptoms.
yeah it's strange how it's caused the world to stop...

the government practically fell over itself to give me 3 months' worth of pay, on the sole condition that I don't do any work...and it's actually that, above all other paranoid tin-foil-hat-wearing basement-dwelling conspiracy theories being cooked up, which tells me something fishy might be going on... Twirling

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #287 on: April 26, 2020, 09:48:25 AM »

I wonder how many 'pro-lifers' are against social distancing. Just a random curiosity.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #288 on: April 26, 2020, 07:21:42 PM »

thanks for the back up,guys. i'm trying to stay positive so HE doesn't have panic attacks. i love you for being encouraging!
  alex, i must admit to having used taunting to destress, with a few prolife family members who had the nerve to go to topeka carrying signs that said" my body, my choice".that helped.  Cheers
  * i'm quite happy that i'll never see/hear from them again, didn't like them anyway, lol! my" daughter" went to town on them, it was a riot! *

don't EVEN...EVER!
pennywise37

« Reply #289 on: April 26, 2020, 09:21:08 PM »

that's what we are here for, you are more than welcome to vent on here if that helps ya any at all. 
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #290 on: April 28, 2020, 03:04:31 PM »

thank you penny, and all of you. we found out that he won't be in the warehouse the whole time( with the idiots not wearing masks), and his deliveries will all be contactless, NO CODs, that's a HUGE relief. his runs also don't involve too many big towns and most of those counties/towns don't have many, or in some cases no, infections.

don't EVEN...EVER!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #291 on: April 28, 2020, 03:12:57 PM »

Trump Questions Whether U.S. Should Aid ‘Democrat’ States 

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-questions-whether-u-aid-151713276.html 

(Bloomberg) -- President Donald Trump questioned whether the federal government should provide financial assistance to “poorly run” states led by Democrats on Monday, again framing the U.S. response to the coronavirus outbreak in partisan terms...

...Earlier in the day, Trump told his more than 78 million Twitter followers that they should blame Democrats for delays in receiving unemployment assistance. Florida, a state that is crucial to his re-election, has been particularly beset by such delays, the New York Times reported last week. The state has a Republican governor, Ron DeSantis. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
pennywise37

« Reply #292 on: April 29, 2020, 12:31:38 AM »

how about Washington? not that i want everyone to die there of the virus i don't, but that's  a state that's so poorly run that it hurts the rest of the country.

also that's murder just plain murder for him not to give aid to those states if he doesn't that's how i look at it anyways, it should not matter who the people in the state vote for or rather which party. they are still human being's for god's sake. also i'm glad to hear your hubby won't be around the idiots who aren't doing anything to stay safe at all!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #293 on: April 29, 2020, 09:44:47 AM »

Globally, the number of new infections has plateaued. Our governor believes the number of in-state infections have plateaued too, and we're set to start reopening the economy in phases beginning May 11. Fingers crossed, there's light at the end of the tunnel!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Bushma

« Reply #294 on: April 29, 2020, 10:01:29 AM »

Just found out that I have to go back into work on Monday.  Of course it's "optional" and if I have any objections I need to email my manager to get her know.  I've been with this manager long enough to know that if I do have any objections they will be held against me when it's time for my yearly review and when I start looking for another position.  My daughter is diabetic, and it's always rough on her when she gets sick.  I'm worried about being exposed to this and bringing it home, but not much I can do about it.  I think it's just the executives that are anxious to get back to the office and are using the "optional" as an excuse.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
pennywise37

« Reply #295 on: April 29, 2020, 02:11:25 PM »

i think you are right, that boss of your's i really doubt really gives a damn about anything but making money and not if their workers are gonna get infected or not.

i dunno how those type of people can live with themselves.  here in ohio they are talking about opening some of it too, i get that this country is going broke but it still feels too soon to be talking about opening it up, all it's gonna do i think is give us another wave this time worse and i do think like they are talking about

of having a worse wave than we had this time around. though they are talking about later this year i don't think it's gonna be later this year but soon and the sooner it happens and hopefully better we can at some point open everything. but that's not for a long time i don't think, not in May anyways. maybe June or July.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #296 on: April 29, 2020, 02:21:22 PM »

^ Yeah. June or July would be smart. Will it happen? f**k no.  Bluesad

« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 02:24:05 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #297 on: May 01, 2020, 02:18:36 PM »

Florida curtails reporting of coronavirus death numbers by county medical examiners 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-curtails-reporting-of-coronavirus-death-numbers-by-county-medical-examiners-173503327.html 

Florida health officials have halted the publication of up-to-the-minute death statistics related to the coronavirus pandemic that have, by law, been compiled by medical examiners in the state.

The death count compiled by the Medical Examiners Commission was often found to be higher than the figures provided by Florida’s Department of Health, the Tampa Bay Times reported, prompting a review of the data and a suspension of its publication.

State officials have not specified what they find objectionable about the medical examiners’ count, nor when they might allow it to be made public again, the Times said.

According to the state Department of Health, 34,728 people have tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, and 1,337 people have died from it, as of Friday morning... 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-curtails-reporting-of-coronavirus-death-numbers-by-county-medical-examiners-173503327.html 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #298 on: May 01, 2020, 02:24:56 PM »

^I believe China did the same thing to try to fool everyone.

yeah no.
pennywise37

« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2020, 12:53:58 AM »

did anyone see that those idiots who went into the court house on Thursday with guns a blazing demanding their constitutional  rights etc... and than the judge said to use my words listen fx's  to keep it clean ya know?  the mayor i think it was? or was it the governer? i forget is within their rights and is following the law.

now i want things to get back to normal too but it just makes me really p**sed off cause us on here know that if we stay inside for those who aren't forced to go to work that is we stay home unless we need to out of course. we try and stay safe in short... anyways yet those morons i know i've said this before are just to stupid to realize that if they go out and protest....

i realize there are a lot of angry people out there and some of them i can't say that i blame them but going out in public in crowds and so forth and going to beaches etc... is just making the lockdown even longer than they want it to be! how can any of those idiots not see that?

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.