Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:05:10 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339880 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #330 on: May 09, 2020, 07:45:38 PM »

^ Well, were all worried about making ends meet. But If I was those folks who reopen too soon and folks start dropping like flies, and loose ALL business, I would worry.
As far as that video goes- most of the folks who stand outside with guns are not going into it that deep. For most- it's all 'us or them' paranoia.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 10:10:51 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pacman000
« Reply #331 on: May 10, 2020, 06:49:45 AM »

The video does go into more depth than most people do, but it's still an  accurate representation of their fears. It's not hard for someone to see that their landlord can't let them out of rent because he owes the bank; it's not hard to see the bank can't let the landlord off because they owe their depositors.
Everyone is connected; remove enough people for too long & everything collapses.

To say the protestors are merely basing their complaints on us vs. them fear mongering is inaccurate stereotyping. It shows a lack of understanding or caring. There is an us vs. them mentality, but why did it develop? People are being put in a position where they could loose everything they've worked their whole lives to build.

What is worse? A 10% chance of death or a 90% chance of ruin with no obvious means of recovery? I cannot answer that, but I can see that even the shut downs cause harm, & I can say the protestors have a right to speak without being dismissed as idiots.

https://www.keranews.org/post/were-bottom-rung-ladder-covid-19s-impact-john-wiley-prices-district

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/04/21/behind-protests-two-americas-one-unemployed-and-one-gets-paychecks-column/5167453002/
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #332 on: May 10, 2020, 08:30:54 AM »

^ I agree- they deserve to be heard. But why with guns? If a bunch of blacks protested in Lansing with guns, you know the s**t would hit the fan.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #333 on: May 10, 2020, 08:58:16 AM »

^ I agree- they deserve to be heard. But why with guns? If a bunch of blacks protested in Lansing with guns, you know the s**t would hit the fan.

The guns make them look less like serious protestors and more like troublemaking rabble-rousers looking for an excuse to make trouble and flex their weaponry.

There are serious points to that can be made, but some of these people can be frightening in ways they don't intend, ways that make their message backfire.

Even going out to the protests without wearing masks, agitating for the right to get a haircut, suggests they don't understand the issue and think it's all fake.

Legitimate dissent is fine, but many of these people are going about it the wrong way.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #334 on: May 10, 2020, 10:13:42 AM »

Oh, look! It's Travis Bickle!  Buggedout ^

« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 10:18:18 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
pacman000
« Reply #335 on: May 10, 2020, 10:20:20 AM »

I agree; a protest shouldn't have folks toting guns.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #336 on: May 10, 2020, 10:30:23 AM »

Both sides of the political spectrum are out of work and may loss everything. Both are also dying.
If things reopen too soon, more folks will die, businesses will close up again, and it will start all over. And then we will be back where we were on day one.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #337 on: May 10, 2020, 12:55:37 PM »

Both sides of the political spectrum are out of work and may loss everything. Both are also dying.
If things reopen too soon, more folks will die, businesses will close up again, and it will start all over. And then we will be back where we were on day one.

And yet, If things don't reopen soon, more folks will die, more businesses will close up permanently, and it will continue to get worse. And then we will be worse off than where we were on day one. Pacman said it perfectly, "Everyone is connected; remove enough people for too long & everything collapses."

I know that COVID-19 is a scary thing, but losing the economy scares me a hell of a lot worse than a virus with a 99% survivability rate. You'd have to be a complete fool not to be able to do the math on this one.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #338 on: May 10, 2020, 03:54:57 PM »

^ Apparently death by COVID-19 is inscrutable.  Here in the Tri-state area, death has been significant and unexpected, including children, young adults in perfect health, and persons of all ages and all races.  My sister-in-law has lost two brothers to COVID-19. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
pacman000
« Reply #339 on: May 10, 2020, 04:06:26 PM »

There are no words to describe death, but inscrutable comes close. I never understand it; it just leaves a hole. I'm sorry for your family's loss; I'm sorry for every family's loss.

Truth is, I don't know what to make of all this. It's too weird & sad & beyond me.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #340 on: May 10, 2020, 04:13:50 PM »

There is also the risk of long term effects with this virus. No one knows exactly if there are any or what they may be. Children while apparently resistant to Covid-19 itself seem to at risk from death from some side effects. Unfortunately it is going to take time to figure everything out. Hopefully one of the various vaccines that has went to trial will have positive results and give us a route back to normalicy.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #341 on: May 10, 2020, 06:54:56 PM »

I get wanting to re-open the economy; we're going to have to do it at some point, probably sooner rather than later.
BUT - if we don't do it right, and take heavy precautions, the 80,000 Americans who have died already will be a drop in the bucket.
And these idiots screaming that they refuse to wear a mask, or get the vaccine when it becomes available - they are essentially broadcasting to the world that they not only don't care whether they get sick, live, or die - they also care about no one else!

They infuriate me.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #342 on: May 10, 2020, 07:19:42 PM »

Those people will not take responsibility if it comes back to bite them.

yeah no.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #343 on: May 10, 2020, 10:48:29 PM »

And yet, If things don't reopen soon, more folks will die,

Explain this one to me, please.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #344 on: May 11, 2020, 05:32:12 PM »

... I'm sorry for your family's loss; ...
Thanks for your kind words, but I never met either man, nor am I close with this sister-in-law.  However, it is someone I know a long time and her family.  In NJ, I don't know anything except my own experience; we're still on lockdown.  It is a terrible deadly illness. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.