Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:46:19 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339705 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #360 on: May 19, 2020, 08:13:52 AM »

Small | Large

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #361 on: May 19, 2020, 09:22:37 AM »

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #362 on: May 19, 2020, 09:38:28 AM »

Both sides of the political spectrum are out of work and may loss everything. Both are also dying.
If things reopen too soon, more folks will die, businesses will close up again, and it will start all over. And then we will be back where we were on day one.

And yet, If things don't reopen soon, more folks will die,

Explain this one to me, please.

Well, what are you going to do when your essential job suddenly becomes non-essential? What will you do when the unemployment insurance runs out? When the stimulus checks stop coming in from Nancy Pelosi's people? When the food supply chain runs dry? I guess you could go and live in the hills and fight over elk or deer with the other Natives...until they scalp you, that is.

I mean, we are all about gloom & doom in here, aren't we? So I guess we're going to have to start talking about this sometime; might as well start now.

I was gonna ask you if you are really that stupid, but judging from this, the question is moot.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #363 on: May 19, 2020, 02:57:40 PM »

...Well, what are you going to do when your essential job suddenly becomes non-essential? What will you do when the unemployment insurance runs out? When the stimulus checks stop coming in from Nancy Pelosi's people? When the food supply chain runs dry? I guess you could go and live in the hills and fight over elk or deer with the other Natives...until they scalp you, that is.
I mean, we are all about gloom & doom in here, aren't we? So I guess we're going to have to start talking about this sometime; might as well start now.

Dead is dead.  You value your life, and are willing to take small gamble.  For many people, it's a crap-shoot.  Your risk is small; it's understandable that you do not care about others and their risk. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #364 on: May 19, 2020, 11:44:10 PM »

i do agree about your image 100% ya know there are a lot worse things in this world than being stuck at home, i think any Vet can my guess tell you the same thing yet they have all these people.....
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #365 on: May 20, 2020, 11:52:14 AM »

I wonder what everyone would do if we got hit with a new, improved Black Plague?  Question

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
pacman000
« Reply #366 on: May 20, 2020, 11:57:25 AM »

Those who want things to remained closed are more afraid of this:

Those who want the ecconomy to open are more afraid of this:

To say one or another group is a bunch of cry babies is to improperly discount their fears. To say someone does not care because they want to reopen is also improper. A diabetic might want to reopen his business in spite of any personal risk to his health because he has loans coming due at the end of the year, loans his supplies required him to take.

Zelmo's rhetoric is poor, but his logic is not. Governmental payouts are useless if a significant part of the economy is shut down; money is only worth what it can buy. If factories aren't open there will be fewer products available, so prices would rise. Governmental loans are even worse; they'll put a lot of people in debt. With increased inflation it'll be hard to pay back those loans, & there's no bankruptcy protection for loans given by the government. There are supposed to be conditions where the loans will be forgiven, but they don't apply to every situation.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #367 on: May 20, 2020, 12:05:58 PM »

^ Nobody wants to go broke. But your still alive, to fight another day.
I been homeless. I ain't been dead yet.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
pacman000
« Reply #368 on: May 20, 2020, 12:35:23 PM »

I'm more afraid of a large-scale societal collapse, which is the worst-case scenario of either extreme. We seem to have avoided overcrowded hospitals so far, but we've created another problem, & I'm afraid too many people are dismissing it too quickly.

Do you want a significant part of the population to wind up homeless? That sounds callous, as callous as saying we shouldn't wear masks.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #369 on: May 20, 2020, 12:43:13 PM »

To say one or another group is a bunch of cry babies is to improperly discount their fears. To say someone does not care because they want to reopen is also improper. A diabetic might want to reopen his business in spite of any personal risk to his health because he has loans coming due at the end of the year, loans his supplies required him to take.

Zelmo's rhetoric is poor, but his logic is not. Governmental payouts are useless if a significant part of the economy is shut down; money is only worth what it can buy. If factories aren't open there will be fewer products available, so prices would rise. Governmental loans are even worse; they'll put a lot of people in debt. With increased inflation it'll be hard to pay back those loans, & there's no bankruptcy protection for loans given by the government. There are supposed to be conditions where the loans will be forgiven, but they don't apply to every situation.
Go back and read everything from the first use of the cry baby image; I copied it to make a point.  Money money money; it's the one thing God didn't invent. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
pacman000
« Reply #370 on: May 20, 2020, 01:51:55 PM »

I'll try to; I just need to find the time.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #371 on: May 20, 2020, 02:23:12 PM »

I'll try to; I just need to find the time.

Must be your working!  
I mean your not holding starving babies in Oklahoma....!  
That's what your worried about, right? Starving babies?
Comparing the Great Depression with the s**t that is going on now is ...ahhh!
HOLY f**k! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD! I can't walk into the deli!  
Just suck it up and deal with it. Quit being a crybaby- oh- wait a minute.....don't be a SNOWFLAKE.
I hate that word.  Hatred And I just used it.  Bluesad
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 02:35:31 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
pennywise37

« Reply #372 on: May 20, 2020, 04:40:33 PM »

for me it's not that i think everyone is a crybaby i don't think that at all but the ones who are protesting and doing all that really stupid Sh*t that's a bunch of cry baby's.  because all they are going to do is not only infect themselves but other people as well because they may have the virus and they may not know it.

you don't always show signs you have it they say. the smart ones i think are being very cautious about it & the ones who aren't just being plain idiots, and the jobs who wont' let their workers wear masks and aren't trying to keep them safe as well are even bigger morons. i mean like i said there are far worse places to be stuck than being at home. there are plenty of people who are at home right now and are grateful not to be stuck at home but to spend some time with their family's or spouses that they normally don't always get to see because of their work schedule that's how i look at it. though i'm not married myself so it really varies i think with a person or a family
pennywise37

« Reply #373 on: May 21, 2020, 08:18:17 PM »

it just popped up on my phone that Trump now says that if we get a 2nd wave in the fall he is not closing the country again, funny how he actually thinks that it's gonna be in the fall when it happens when honestly i think it's gonna hit us within the next 2 weeks or even less than that because of them opening up.

it amazes me how little he regards human life it doesn't surprise me, but he honestly doesn't care who dies weather it's his own cult or anyone for that matter, my question has always been when everyone is dead because of you, who's going to vote for you? who's going to want to vote for him? it just angers me that anyone is that stupid. am i alone in feeling this way or is it just me?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #374 on: May 21, 2020, 08:39:19 PM »

^ No, it's not just you.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.