Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:40:22 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339570 times)
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #450 on: June 20, 2020, 07:21:15 PM »

i have no idea i wish i knew, on yahoo one day this week i forget what day it had a headline and i didn't read the article where it claimed that blacks get it more than any other race so it further said the title how the virus is racist or something along the lines of that.

i've got  question though and maybe someone knows the answer, a friend of mine who is for Trump claims that Trump had truckers get a pay raise and that no other president has done that, he's a trucker obviously lol my question is, is he right? did trump do that? if it is than that is the only thing he's done since he went into office.

anyways they had idiots on tv that are there in Tulsa for Trump, man are they stupid how can they believe everything he says i just don't get that. if you want a good laugh i saw online last night that someone said someone needs to talk to (2013) Trump where he said that when you take office and you do something you need to be responsible for doing it and yet.... need i say more? also did anyone see that a Reporter asked him if all these people who leave you are such bad people why did you hire them? and he sat there quiet as a mouse. go figure ya know?

anyways as for the virus i dunno why but i'm still optimistic that at some point we will have a cure i'm hoping before the end of the year but i doubt it's gonna be anytime soon though.
pennywise37

« Reply #451 on: June 20, 2020, 08:24:42 PM »

i was just watching a video on you tube and it finished as i was looking something up and a video with the orange cheeto was on and pausing the video cause i held no interest what it had to say, i decided to read some of the comments and one of them was Trump will not Sale this country.

sale? what the hell are they even talking about? which just goes to show the kind of people that are voting for him that can't even spell. a 5 year can spell better than that person who typed that in the chat room or whatever it's called on you tube when you watch a stream
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #452 on: June 21, 2020, 03:14:20 AM »

Some steroid which is apparently fairly cheap and widely available has been shown to help fighting against the virus. Of course, prevention would be better than a cure but at least it is something that works. I just hope that the businesses producing it don't just ramp up the price.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
pennywise37

« Reply #453 on: June 21, 2020, 03:26:25 AM »

they can be helpful that's true but than you have people who get addicted to it. ya know on how i think, that might work for some people but not for others but than the various drugs they have announced on what is working or is a maybe like i said it worked for some but not others so they aren't calling it a cure.

here's what is gonna happen i think they are gonna continue to discover that various drugs can help certain people but they'd be stupid to call it a cure.
and i don't think they are stupid. it's nice to know they are at least trying ya know?
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #454 on: June 21, 2020, 06:07:04 AM »

i have no idea i wish i knew, on yahoo one day this week i forget what day it had a headline and i didn't read the article where it claimed that blacks get it more than any other race so it further said the title how the virus is racist or something along the lines of that.

The virus affects a higher percentage of people who are living in conditions of lower income.

Many of the people in the US living in those conditions are black.

That so many blacks are living in lower income situations is a consequence of systemic racism.

Therefore the fact that more blacks are affected by the virus is seen as a direct result of racism.

The virus itself does not discriminate.  The conditions do.  And those conditions have been imposed by racism.

That is the logic behind calling the virus "racist".  Not quite grammatically correct; but the root cause of blacks being disproportionately affected is racism.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 08:43:12 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #455 on: June 21, 2020, 11:54:58 AM »

i've got  question though and maybe someone knows the answer, a friend of mine who is for Trump claims that Trump had truckers get a pay raise and that no other president has done that, he's a trucker obviously lol my question is, is he right? did trump do that? if it is than that is the only thing he's done since he went into office.

'

Off topic, but it makes no sense. The federal government doesn't pay truckers, it's a private industry like anything else. I suppose it's possible they're paying more now on some federal contracts, but that would be a tiny percentage of trucker's business. Plus, since when would Trump favor workers over management? That doesn't sound like him at all.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pennywise37

« Reply #456 on: June 21, 2020, 03:25:58 PM »

that's why i ask and if you are wondering if i argued with him the answer is no, i had no proof to argue with him to say he didn't do it anyways. why he believes this i have no idea, my guess is because there was a short time when he was filmed talking to truckers i am guessing i dunno. course they filmed him talk to a lot of people and he did nothing to help them either. i know nothing on how truckers are paid either
pennywise37

« Reply #457 on: June 21, 2020, 03:32:19 PM »

i just remembered i think he did say that Trump came and met with them personally, but that still doesn't mean he raised their wages though  or was able to get them raised
Jim H

« Reply #458 on: June 21, 2020, 09:52:05 PM »

The virus affects a higher percentage of people who are living in conditions of lower income.

That so many blacks are living in lower income situations is a consequence of systemic racism.

Therefore the fact that more blacks are affected by the virus is seen as a direct result of racism.

The virus itself does not discriminate.  The conditions do.  And those conditions have been imposed by racism.

That is the logic behind calling the virus "racist".  Not quite grammatically correct; but the root cause of blacks being disproportionately affected is racism.

A minor addition: it's not really proven yet, but they also are now hypothesizing that low vitamin D blood levels put you at higher risk of severe symptoms and death from COVID19.  And, of course, the primary way you get Vitamin D is through sun exposure, and darker skin reduces how much you get, and black people are therefore about twice as likely to have low vitamin D.  That's not really "racism" of course, I just thought it was interesting.
pennywise37

« Reply #459 on: June 22, 2020, 12:12:39 AM »

no doubt they get sun but for some it's harder to tell i'm sure and that wasn't me joking either, i know you weren't being racist and i wasn't trying either that was a yahoo news article title that i posted just without the link
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #460 on: June 24, 2020, 12:07:15 PM »

No new cases in Moray for several days now and no deaths since the 15th. Hopefully this marks us coming out of things.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #461 on: June 24, 2020, 12:30:16 PM »

A minor addition: it's not really proven yet, but they also are now hypothesizing that low vitamin D blood levels put you at higher risk of severe symptoms and death from COVID19.  And, of course, the primary way you get Vitamin D is through sun exposure, and darker skin reduces how much you get, and black people are therefore about twice as likely to have low vitamin D.  That's not really "racism" of course, I just thought it was interesting.

I always thought darker colors absorbed sunlight. Silly me.  Lookingup

Yeah. DARKER colors absorb more sunlight.

https://sciencing.com/colors-reflect-light-8398645.html
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 12:33:51 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #462 on: June 24, 2020, 12:58:15 PM »

What I love most of this conversation is this f**king moron saying China is "Guilty before proven innocent." at 9:11.
Holy s**t! He says it more than once!  Buggedout
And of course he says slow down testing remark by Trump was a joke. Yet- Trump said he dosn't joke.
Is Trump living in a fantasy world? If we don't test, we'll have no new cases.  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
Holy f**king s**t!!!!  BounceGiggle

And this guy sucks so much dick his jaw is getting cramps- of course that's not a proven fact, but you know- "Guilty until proven innocent"!  Lookingup

Small | Large
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 01:10:25 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #463 on: June 24, 2020, 01:12:13 PM »

What I love most of this conversation is this f**king moron saying China is "Guilty before proven innocent." at 9:11.
Holy s**t! He says it more than once!  Buggedout
And of course he says slow down testing remark by Trump was a joke. Yet- Trump said he dosn't joke.
Is Trump living in a fantasy world? If we don't test, we'll have no new cases.  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
Holy f**king s**t!!!!  BounceGiggle

http://youtu.be/zP8qmF49dmQ

"That was a light moment..." 
It was a joke! 
I don't joke! 
 Lookingup Hatred  We are living in the era of OBFUSCATION.  Jus' keep talkin' contradict everybody you agree with that you don't agree with... Lookingup Hatred
LIP SERVICE!  How horrible must it be to perpetuate stupidity by protecting stupid... ?  Ignorance reigns and stupid is king! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #464 on: June 24, 2020, 01:20:44 PM »

^ The thing going on here is even his almost just as insane ex- buddies are turning on him. Not like I'm a fan of John Bolton. That dick sucker wrote a book- trying to make himself look good because his scumbag ass is trying to distance himself from this human sinkhole.
Hoo-boy! Trump said- "- only the best people."
 Yet most were fired or they resigned.
He needs to go back to WWF.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.