Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:16:52 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339618 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #495 on: July 06, 2020, 05:49:57 PM »

Visualization showing how fast Covid-19 became the #1 cause of global death in 2020.

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/2944635/?fbclid=IwAR3xTTeXWAXYDYhhBhVI_7Ud2zQ9laieGaZyXHevFrck9YhiEolx_nFjqZ4

A bit of clarification, I think this chart is just comparing it to a variety of well-known and common causes to give perspective on how bad it is, not compare it to total global deaths period.  For example, cancer kills over 9 million a year, strokes over 5 million, car accidents over 1 million, etc.  Though a bit of an aside, I'd say when all the numbers are added up including the many deaths being missed in official counts, it's quite likely to top car accidents by year end.

You are correct, Jim, thank you for correcting my error.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #496 on: July 06, 2020, 07:37:56 PM »

either way it's messed up on how many lives this virus has killed and how little the white house seems to care about it that's just plain messed up
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #497 on: July 07, 2020, 11:57:34 AM »

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has tested positive for the coronavirus.

"Bolsonaro has attempted to downplay the virus since the country saw an uptick of cases beginning in March and has cycled through three health directors due to constant disagreements about the handling of the virus, which has killed more than 65,000 Brazilians to date. He has repeatedly flouted pushes to wear a mask..."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/brazilian-president-bolsonaro-tests-positive-for-coronavirus

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #498 on: July 07, 2020, 12:33:01 PM »

If not for the protests it would probably be over
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #499 on: July 07, 2020, 12:55:05 PM »

Lookingup

Ok, if you wanna play that game...
No it wouldn't- because Trump is still having his rallies!  TongueOut
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 12:57:43 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #500 on: July 07, 2020, 02:00:30 PM »

C'mon, that's just silly.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #501 on: July 07, 2020, 02:02:56 PM »

If Dr.Donald Dump had taken this s**t serious from day one instead of just stoking a hate war, we wouldn't have the f**king riots! If this half baked 'wanna be a cowboy!' moron con artist from NYC paid attention to the real problems in this country which is going threw some serious growing pains right now and a pandemic !, instead of stating some WWF , National Enquirer, apes**t nonsense is true...well f**k.

But there are so many folks out there that think the aliens are going to attack, the Earth is flat, and there is a Nazi base in Antartica. So, I ain't really surprised. It' f^cking amazing how stupid people are.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 02:26:12 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #502 on: July 07, 2020, 02:03:51 PM »

C'mon, that's just silly.

That would not be the word I would use.  Hatred

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #503 on: July 07, 2020, 02:04:42 PM »

But there are so many folks out there that think the aliens are going to attack, the Earth is flat, and there is a Nazi base in Antartica.

Yeah, those in the know, are aware that the real Nazi base is on the moon.  BounceGiggle

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #504 on: July 07, 2020, 04:00:48 PM »

But there are so many folks out there that think the aliens are going to attack, the Earth is flat, and there is a Nazi base in Antartica.

Yeah, those in the know, are aware that the real Nazi base is on the moon.  BounceGiggle

Now, now, gentlemen.  This is a bad movie forum.
We cannot overlook the possibility that there are Nazi bases in BOTH those locations!!
(And in the Amazon, too!)

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #505 on: July 07, 2020, 04:19:46 PM »

Now, now, gentlemen.  This is a bad movie forum.
We cannot overlook the possibility that there are Nazi bases in BOTH those locations!!
(And in the Amazon, too!)

If he mentions the ones at the centre of the earth do we need to shoot him for knowing too much?

Asking for a friend.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
claws
« Reply #506 on: July 07, 2020, 05:02:28 PM »

Trump has officially begun to withdraw the US from the World Health Organization as pandemic spikes

WASHINGTON – The Trump administration has officially begun to withdraw the United States from the World Health Organization, even as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to grip the globe and infections spike in many states across the U.S. 

Congress received formal notification of the decision on Tuesday, more than a month after President Donald Trump announced his intention to end the U.S. relationship with the WHO and blasted the multilateral institution as a tool of China. The White House said the withdrawal would take effect on July 6, 2021.

usatoday.com

Lookingup
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #507 on: July 07, 2020, 05:29:52 PM »

Trump has officially begun to withdraw the US from the World Health Organization as pandemic spikes

WASHINGTON – The Trump administration has officially begun to withdraw the United States from the World Health Organization, even as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to grip the globe and infections spike in many states across the U.S.  

Congress received formal notification of the decision on Tuesday, more than a month after President Donald Trump announced his intention to end the U.S. relationship with the WHO and blasted the multilateral institution as a tool of China. The White House said the withdrawal would take effect on July 6, 2021.

usatoday.com

Lookingup

I can't see any possible upside to this move for the American people at this time.  Question I mean, even if you thought it was a waste of money, wait until AFTER the pandemic to withdraw. EDIT: Nevermind, it wouldn't take place for a year. In all likelihood Biden will just rescind the order. Or Trump will flip flop again. Still, the optics are terrible. I sometimes wonder if he really IS trying to throw the election.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 05:32:56 PM by Rev. Powell » Logged

pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #508 on: July 07, 2020, 07:44:02 PM »

well let's be fair if the cops hadn't killed  George Floyd the riots wouldn't have happened and if they also weren't around killing innocent blacks the riots would not have happened &  if Trump had actually cared about another human being other than himself the pandemic wouldn't have gone this far this bad, and if we didn't have so much dumb f**ks  who refuse to wear mask and think that Donald Trump walks on water like Jesus himself than we wouldn't have this bad. people wouldn't this fed up either if he actually gave a damn about this country instead running it like a freaking business which isn't how a country should be run. if this or that etc..

this is an argument nobody will win cause it's not gonna change the fact we have a guy who prefers golf over doing his job. we have a president who looks at himself in the mirror each morning and prolly turns himself on. either way i pray that we don't have another 4 years with this clown and honestly i really doubt he even wants to even be the president at all, he loves the power and everything that comes with it but the work however..... the thing is he hates to lose his ego is just to big for that. even though all of us here have lost in some form all our lives on certain things.

and had Trump's family would have actually been there and said no you can't have this or that and here's why he wouldn't be the way he is, well maybe i dunno but who knows he may not be like this. either way he's got the biggest ego i've ever seen on anyone i've ever met in my life or anyone else on this planet i think alive or dead
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #509 on: July 07, 2020, 08:48:48 PM »

Rev- you don't think the massive protests where no social distancing was observed had any effect on the spread of corona?

New York, which was headed down in coronovirus cases just reported its biggest day ever https://nypost.com/2020/07/03/ny-reports-918-new-virus-infections-9-covid-19-deaths/

pennywise - sorry to be so cynical but ultimately the protest and riots were a result of people being BORED more than anything else. WHy else would they have expanded into protests for transexual and gay rights? what does that have to do with george Floyd? People wanted to go outside
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.