Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:54:35 AM
713341 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339624 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #840 on: December 16, 2020, 03:02:32 PM »

Back in April, Trump said "...100,000 Americans Die From Coronavirus We've Done A Good Job" 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc4l3Bj54Gc

By that one's own standard it has not been a "good job". 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
pacman000
« Reply #841 on: December 21, 2020, 03:29:06 PM »

https://www.randomterrain.com/rt-the-h-word-and-beyond.html

This page is mostly about hydroxychloroquine. I am not a doctor and I am not giving out medical advice. You could be allergic to hydroxychloroquine or have some other strange reaction to it, so if you think you might need hydroxychloroquine, ask your doctor about it. Only take medicine that your doctor prescribes. Do not drink fish tank cleaner. Do not lick a hydroelectric power plant because it starts with ‘hydro.’ Use your brain. Always consult a physician. This page contains information and links that may or may not be helpful.
pacman000
« Reply #842 on: December 21, 2020, 03:52:16 PM »

100 thousand people dying is like my home town, the town I work in, and the surrounding two or three towns dying in mass.

But Italy had a death rate of 10%, going by memory, so I was expecting something more like 30 million deaths in the U.S. (I don't know if that meant 10% of cases proved fatal, or if that meant 10% of Italy's population died. Either way it's staggering. According to this https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/ the number is 5%, which is better, but still horrible.)

There is no "good" outcome for a pandemic, but I cannot say what's been done has truly been bad.
pacman000
« Reply #843 on: December 22, 2020, 03:56:10 PM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/europe-crosses-500-000-covid-19-deaths-as-new-variant-spreads-reuters-tally/ar-BB1c9d9j?ocid=msedgntp

Europe crosses 500,000 COVID-19 deaths as new variant spreads - Reuters tally 

Bluesad Just...  Bluesad
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #844 on: December 22, 2020, 07:06:00 PM »

Tiana got her vaccine Monday. She feels fine. Thumbup
She works at a nursing home where they got to gown up, and wear shields. In this , a town smaller than Lawton- which only has 1,800 residents.
And crazy Nazi's run out of the woodwork. They are in jail now for trying to kidnap and execute Gov.Whitmore!
It's insane NOT to think this is real. How many cases of beer do these people drink?
I will smoke pot and drink whiskey, but I pass out before I start screaming about weird 1950's FATE pulp
fiction garbage!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 07:26:16 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #845 on: December 27, 2020, 07:50:42 PM »

Another person I know came down with it.  Bluesad She's on lockdown. She's young, I'm sure she'll be OK.  Thumbup

Meanwhile another girl I know doesn't want to take the vaccine because she's listening to Alex Jones or something and thinks it will kill her.  Bluesad At least she's not claiming it's a secret microchipping plan anymore.  She's one of those people who, unfortunately, is really too stupid to understand how viruses or vaccines work. I don't think I can right her ship.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #846 on: January 02, 2021, 10:00:11 PM »

I got dose #1 of the Moderna vaccine today.  Very glad indeed! 
In about 2 weeks I should have >90% protection.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #847 on: January 02, 2021, 10:21:42 PM »

in a city not too far from where I live an idiot intentionally destroyed a lot of COVD-vaccines

https://news.yahoo.com/hundreds-covid-vaccine-doses-intentionally-174400527.html

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Ińárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
pennywise37

« Reply #848 on: January 04, 2021, 10:37:49 PM »

Rev i'm sorry to hear you have an idiot for a friend,  i get if you don't want to take the vaccine right away cause you want to see how people's reactions are to it that i get i haven't taken it yet myself. but why does anyone listen to Alex Jones?  that guy is almost as dumb as Trump is. last year he was on Joe Rogan and i don't Mind Rogan but some of his opinions on covid i do disagree with but anyways he had Alex Jones on once and i tried to watch it on you tube and after like 10 seconds i shut off cause i just could not stand to listen to him anymore.

man are people stupid folks, my folks went out to do errands   and they  just could not believe the bars being full the stores as well & it is amazing how stupid people are when if there are that many people out how in the hell can things get any better? even if you do take the vaccine you can still get it they've admitted that much, they didn't go in the bars but you can tell by how many cars there are no doubt how busy they were.   
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 11:03:02 PM by pennywise37 » Logged
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #849 on: January 06, 2021, 10:20:13 PM »

Please, everyone.

For a moment just hear me out if you doubt the vaccines.  Bear in mind that this is not a political issue to me -- it's my daily work to know what we know, and what we don't, about common questions in primary care (like vaccination efficacy and safety).

These vaccines are *safe*, and *have* been extensively tested.  No vaccine is totally safe, but the overall risk to benefit ratio is vastly in favor of the benefit.     People will buy lottery tickets and *not* take vaccines.   Such is the public understanding of risk and benefit.

Please -- *do* take the covid vaccine, as soon as you can, unless it's medically contraindicated.   Do not mess around with this, do not wait and see.   Take the vaccine and get yourself basically out of risk.
Do it soon as you can.  Do not let this be a political issue; the science of it isn't.

zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #850 on: January 07, 2021, 03:41:36 AM »

Please, everyone.

For a moment just hear me out if you doubt the vaccines.  Bear in mind that this is not a political issue to me -- it's my daily work to know what we know, and what we don't, about common questions in primary care (like vaccination efficacy and safety).

These vaccines are *safe*, and *have* been extensively tested.  No vaccine is totally safe, but the overall risk to benefit ratio is vastly in favor of the benefit.     People will buy lottery tickets and *not* take vaccines.   Such is the public understanding of risk and benefit.

Please -- *do* take the covid vaccine, as soon as you can, unless it's medically contraindicated.   Do not mess around with this, do not wait and see.   Take the vaccine and get yourself basically out of risk.
Do it soon as you can.  Do not let this be a political issue; the science of it isn't.

You talk about the vaccine like it's a cure. It is pushers like you that are making so many people distrust the rush job vaccine. I'll take my chances with the virus itself, thank you.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #851 on: January 07, 2021, 12:49:29 PM »

No, its idiots armed with pseudo-science and a Twitter account who make people distrust vaccines.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #852 on: January 13, 2021, 12:42:06 PM »

My parents are getting vaccinated today, which will be a load off my mind (especially after they get the second dose). Apparently there were open spaces after some local health care workers declined to be innocculated (!) and they opened up vaccination for the doses to the general public on a first come, first served basis. My parents were able to get in. I decided to wait my turn.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #853 on: January 13, 2021, 05:39:39 PM »

And I still have people on FB yelling at me because I get mad when I see people out in public without masks.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #854 on: January 14, 2021, 12:33:16 AM »

Johnson and johnson's vaccine is one shot.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.