Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:27:32 AM
713392 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339888 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1035 on: June 01, 2021, 08:53:51 PM »

We're not going to achieve herd immunity. We've done the best we can, immunized essentially everyone we can convince. So it's time to reopen. It's not perfect, other countries did better, but we did the best we could do. Now pray that a mutation doesn't take us back to square one.

I appreciate a reality check.

Every virologist who has examined the COVID-19 virus has concluded that it is a naturally occurring virus.  It lacks the genetic markers that human manipulation leaves behind.  Of course, that doesn't mean that it might not have escaped (or been released) from a lab where it was being studied.  Seems kinda dumb to release it on your own people first, though.

May knowledge rule the day.  

“Ever get the feeling that you’ve been cheated?” - Johnny Rotten, 1978...

They called themselves Punks for a reason.  
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 08:57:56 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #1036 on: June 01, 2021, 11:07:42 PM »

Every virologist who has examined the COVID-19 virus has concluded that it is a naturally occurring virus.  It lacks the genetic markers that human manipulation leaves behind.  Of course, that doesn't mean that it might not have escaped (or been released) from a lab where it was being studied.  Seems kinda dumb to release it on your own people first, though.

Mao Tse Tung (Zedong) would have tried it out on his own Chinese people just ‘cause.

Also, Dr. Fauci disagrees with all of those virologists.  Cheers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/in.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/not-convinced-covid-19-developed-052826869.html
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:04:15 AM by zelmo73 » Logged

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1037 on: June 02, 2021, 08:59:07 AM »

Mao Tse Tung (Zedong) would have tried it out on his own Chinese people just ‘cause.

Also, Dr. Fauci disagrees with all of those virologists.  Cheers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/in.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/not-convinced-covid-19-developed-052826869.html

I think everyone can agree that more study of the origin of the virus would be a good thing.

Just to be clear, Fauci doesn't disagree with the virologists. The quote is

"Certainly, the people who investigated it say it likely was the emergence from an animal reservoir that then infected individuals, but it could have been something else, and we need to find that out. So, you know, that's the reason why I said I'm perfectly in favour of any investigation that looks into the origin of the virus." 

He merely acknowledges that a lab origin can't be ruled out, he doesn't say it's the most likely scenario. Unfortunately, I don't see any way we can ever know for sure, or what anyone in the West would do differently if we found out it accidentally escaped from a lab. If the Chinese know that it was an accidental leak, they've already taken precautions to keep it from happening again.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pacman000
« Reply #1038 on: June 07, 2021, 01:54:11 PM »

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-sees-probable-link-between-pfizer-vaccine-small-number-myocarditis-cases-2021-06-01/

Israel sees probable link between Pfizer vaccine and myocarditis [heart inflammation] cases

In Israel, 275 cases of myocarditis were reported between December 2020 and May 2021 among more than 5 million vaccinated people, the ministry said in disclosing the findings of a study it commissioned to examine the matter.

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) said last week that heart inflammation after receiving the Pfizer vaccine had been no cause for concern as such incidents were similar rate to those in the general population. It added at the time that young men were particularly prone to the condition.

Why does the title say one thing when the article says another?? >_<
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1039 on: June 07, 2021, 02:47:05 PM »

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-sees-probable-link-between-pfizer-vaccine-small-number-myocarditis-cases-2021-06-01/

Israel sees probable link between Pfizer vaccine and myocarditis [heart inflammation] cases

In Israel, 275 cases of myocarditis were reported between December 2020 and May 2021 among more than 5 million vaccinated people, the ministry said in disclosing the findings of a study it commissioned to examine the matter.

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) said last week that heart inflammation after receiving the Pfizer vaccine had been no cause for concern as such incidents were similar rate to those in the general population. It added at the time that young men were particularly prone to the condition.

I think the content of the article matches the title. The Israeli study found a link, some other studies found no link. Plus there's the whole "correlation is not causation" issue to consider. Still, everyone quoted seems to agree that the risk of the unvaccinated contracting covid outweighs the risk of the vaccinated getting myocarditis.

Jim H

« Reply #1040 on: June 08, 2021, 05:45:00 PM »

I think the content of the article matches the title. The Israeli study found a link, some other studies found no link. Plus there's the whole "correlation is not causation" issue to consider. Still, everyone quoted seems to agree that the risk of the unvaccinated contracting covid outweighs the risk of the vaccinated getting myocarditis.

Bit of a side note, it never stops being fascinating how completely terrible human beings are at understanding and especially comparing probability.  You can tell someone you've got a one in ten thousand chance of dying of COVID19, for example, and then tell them 25 people out of 40 million got non-fatal vaccine complications, and people will balk at the vaccine.  I guess part of it is definite VS possible danger, but still.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1041 on: June 08, 2021, 05:58:32 PM »

in a city not too far from where I live an idiot intentionally destroyed a lot of COVD-vaccines

https://news.yahoo.com/hundreds-covid-vaccine-doses-intentionally-174400527.html

he was sentenced today to 3 years in federal prison and 3 years of supervision upon his release

he's got one more court appearance related to this

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #1042 on: June 08, 2021, 11:31:57 PM »

Bit of a side note, it never stops being fascinating how completely terrible human beings are at understanding and especially comparing probability.  You can tell someone you've got a one in ten thousand chance of dying of COVID19, for example, and then tell them 25 people out of 40 million got non-fatal vaccine complications, and people will balk at the vaccine.  I guess part of it is definite VS possible danger, but still.

People are right to be skeptical and suspicious though. Even the President has called for an investigation into the matter.

The Wuhan lab leak explanation was at first considered to be a conspiracy theory that was pushed by the far-right to blame China for the pandemic.

But that changed on May 26 when President Joe Biden sensationally announced a review of the pandemic "lab leak" theory after allegedly shutting down a previous probe into its origins.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the-sun.com/news/3012768/chinese-whistleblower-virologist-blasts-fauci-backs-covid-bioweapon/amp/

------------------
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1043 on: June 09, 2021, 07:47:22 AM »

People are right to be skeptical and suspicious though. Even the President has called for an investigation into the matter.

The Wuhan lab leak explanation was at first considered to be a conspiracy theory that was pushed by the far-right to blame China for the pandemic.

But that changed on May 26 when President Joe Biden sensationally announced a review of the pandemic "lab leak" theory after allegedly shutting down a previous probe into its origins.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the-sun.com/news/3012768/chinese-whistleblower-virologist-blasts-fauci-backs-covid-bioweapon/amp/

Yes, the lab leak theory is possible, I just doubt we'll ever be able to prove or disprove it, and don't see what difference it ultimately makes. I don't see how knowledge of the virus' ultimate origin would change any health policy decisions about dealing with the pandemic.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1044 on: June 09, 2021, 08:39:12 AM »

I hope because of all of this, we bomb China- because I want to see massive amounts of people die after watching massive amounts of people die!
Now the bats thing- I'm not happy with that theory.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37

« Reply #1045 on: June 09, 2021, 07:14:55 PM »

at first i did believe it but i don 't think that China created it anymore but like you said it will never be proven if i am wrong or if i'm right cause nobody really knows it feels like.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1046 on: June 09, 2021, 07:20:29 PM »

I just hope that the wet markets will be shut down permanently.

In other news my job has lifted the mask mandate since my city has been very good on vaccinations. And then I catch a cold just as it's lifted.

yeah no.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #1047 on: June 09, 2021, 08:02:50 PM »

Yes, the lab leak theory is possible, I just doubt we'll ever be able to prove or disprove it, and don't see what difference it ultimately makes. I don't see how knowledge of the virus' ultimate origin would change any health policy decisions about dealing with the pandemic.

I doubt it would change any health policies at all, but the mere idea of a manufactured virus to coincide with a convenient vaccine to counter it does not sit well with people that are currently on the fence about it. It’s hard enough to trust our government with anything as it is, but to expect those folk to trust a hostile foreign government like China at their word is a pretty tall order.

------------------
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1048 on: June 10, 2021, 09:23:08 AM »

I doubt it would change any health policies at all, but the mere idea of a manufactured virus to coincide with a convenient vaccine to counter it does not sit well with people that are currently on the fence about it. It’s hard enough to trust our government with anything as it is, but to expect those folk to trust a hostile foreign government like China at their word is a pretty tall order.

That highlighted part honestly sounds crazy to me.  Bluesad The lab leak theory isn't that the virus was manufactured, it's that a natural virus they were studying at the Wuhan institute of Virology accidentally infected someone due to violation of protocols.

Accidental lab leak is plausible, but unlikely... accidental lab leak of a manufactured virus far less likely... deliberate leak of a manufactured virus is getting into tin foil hat territory... deliberate release of a manufactured virus in conjunction with a worldwide conspiracy to administer vaccines is no-reasoning-with-these-people nuts.

We do agree that no one trusts China at their word, however.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1049 on: June 10, 2021, 11:23:49 AM »

That highlighted part honestly sounds crazy to me.  Bluesad The lab leak theory isn't that the virus was manufactured, it's that a natural virus they were studying at the Wuhan institute of Virology accidentally infected someone due to violation of protocols.

Accidental lab leak is plausible, but unlikely... accidental lab leak of a manufactured virus far less likely... deliberate leak of a manufactured virus is getting into tin foil hat territory... deliberate release of a manufactured virus in conjunction with a worldwide conspiracy to administer vaccines is no-reasoning-with-these-people nuts.

We do agree that no one trusts China at their word, however.

The virus was examined by experts in the US who said that it had none of the telltale signs you'd get from a human-created virus. Unless of course, either the Chinese are so far advanced in their tech that the US scientists can't even detect their work, or the US government is lying. I believe this was linked up previously. I rate the first option as highly unlikely, and the second one, well possible but in this case unlikely. It having escaped from a regular research facility as the Rev says is much more feasable.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.