Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:03:28 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339607 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1365 on: September 29, 2021, 02:05:36 PM »

I went to the local Japanese buffet last night. You had to wear a mask and these plastic glove when you got your food, but you could till get the food! so I was happy
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1366 on: September 29, 2021, 05:06:15 PM »

I'm planning on getting the the booster shot when it's available in my city on a date that I'm not working

that covid scare last week was stressful as all hell

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
pennywise37

« Reply #1367 on: October 01, 2021, 12:52:17 AM »

i can believe it my dad who just turned 71 a on the couple week sago had his booster shot on wed. i think? he got them both in one day, i'm i can at least say too young for the booster shots since they are giving folks 65 and over so my mom can have it too i believe.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1368 on: October 01, 2021, 01:10:29 AM »

My brother finally got off oxygen yesterday and was declared well enough to go home. Hopefully, he won't have the long recovery some other people have had.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
pennywise37

« Reply #1369 on: October 01, 2021, 02:52:29 AM »

finally some good news around here i'm glad to hear that man
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1370 on: October 01, 2021, 08:34:59 AM »

Good to hear Alex Thumbup

yeah no.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1371 on: October 01, 2021, 11:32:26 AM »

Could be some more good news, although I'd recommend waiting for peer reviews etc before getting too excited.

The German multinational science and technology company Merck has said that its experimental Covid-19 pill reduced stays in hospital and deaths by half in people recently infected with the coronavirus.

The company said it would soon ask health officials around the world to authorise its use.

If cleared, Merck’s drug would be the first pill shown to treat Covid-19, a potentially major advance in efforts to fight the pandemic.

Merck and its partner Ridgeback Biotherapeutics said early results showed patients who received the drug, called molnupiravir, within five days of Covid-19 symptoms had about half the rate of stays in hospital and death as patients who received a dummy pill.

The study tracked 775 adults with mild-to-moderate Covid-19 who were considered higher risk for severe disease due to health problems such as obesity, diabetes or heart disease.

Among patients taking molnupiravir, 7.3% were either admitted to hospital or died at the end of 30 days, compared with 14.1% of those getting the dummy pill.

There were no deaths in the drug group after that time period compared with eight deaths in the placebo group, according to Merck.

The results were released by the company and have not been peer reviewed. Merck said it plans to present them at a future medical meeting.

An independent group of medical experts monitoring the trial recommended stopping it early because the interim results were so strong.

“It exceeded what I thought the drug might be able to do in this clinical trial,” said Dr Dean Li, vice president of Merck research. “When you see a 50% reduction in hospitalization or death that’s a substantial clinical impact.”

Side effects were reported by both groups in the Merck trial, but they were slightly more common among the group that received a dummy pill. The company did not specify the problems.

Earlier study results showed the drug did not benefit patients who were already in hospital with severe disease.

Health experts including the US infectious disease expert Dr Anthony Fauci have long called for a convenient pill that patients could take when Covid-19 symptoms first appear. Such medications are seen as key to controlling future waves of infection and reducing the impact of the pandemic.

Merck’s pill works by interfering with an enzyme the coronavirus uses to copy its genetic code and reproduce itself. It has shown similar activity against other viruses.

Several other companies, including Pfizer and Roche, are studying similar drugs that could report results in the coming weeks and months.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1372 on: October 01, 2021, 12:38:37 PM »

Could be some more good news, although I'd recommend waiting for peer reviews etc before getting too excited.

The German multinational science and technology company Merck has said that its experimental Covid-19 pill reduced stays in hospital and deaths by half in people recently infected with the coronavirus.

The company said it would soon ask health officials around the world to authorise its use.

If cleared, Merck’s drug would be the first pill shown to treat Covid-19, a potentially major advance in efforts to fight the pandemic.

Merck and its partner Ridgeback Biotherapeutics said early results showed patients who received the drug, called molnupiravir, within five days of Covid-19 symptoms had about half the rate of stays in hospital and death as patients who received a dummy pill.

The study tracked 775 adults with mild-to-moderate Covid-19 who were considered higher risk for severe disease due to health problems such as obesity, diabetes or heart disease.

Among patients taking molnupiravir, 7.3% were either admitted to hospital or died at the end of 30 days, compared with 14.1% of those getting the dummy pill.

There were no deaths in the drug group after that time period compared with eight deaths in the placebo group, according to Merck.

The results were released by the company and have not been peer reviewed. Merck said it plans to present them at a future medical meeting.

An independent group of medical experts monitoring the trial recommended stopping it early because the interim results were so strong.

“It exceeded what I thought the drug might be able to do in this clinical trial,” said Dr Dean Li, vice president of Merck research. “When you see a 50% reduction in hospitalization or death that’s a substantial clinical impact.”

Side effects were reported by both groups in the Merck trial, but they were slightly more common among the group that received a dummy pill. The company did not specify the problems.

Earlier study results showed the drug did not benefit patients who were already in hospital with severe disease.

Health experts including the US infectious disease expert Dr Anthony Fauci have long called for a convenient pill that patients could take when Covid-19 symptoms first appear. Such medications are seen as key to controlling future waves of infection and reducing the impact of the pandemic.

Merck’s pill works by interfering with an enzyme the coronavirus uses to copy its genetic code and reproduce itself. It has shown similar activity against other viruses.

Several other companies, including Pfizer and Roche, are studying similar drugs that could report results in the coming weeks and months.

No thanks, I'll stick with horse dewormer.  Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
pennywise37

« Reply #1373 on: October 01, 2021, 04:58:43 PM »

i saw that they want to make it a pill ya know if people take that instead of the shot.... but you still will f.... idiots who refuse to take that as well i mean the worst than can happen is that your balls can swell up i know that was proven  BS but it's still funny as hell
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #1374 on: October 03, 2021, 07:22:01 AM »

new rule, at least if I was in charge:

if your dumb ass doesn't get vaccinated you can't send your children to in school learning

My sister-in-law and both her kids, my nephews, tested positive for COVID just a few days ago. My sister-in-law has been fully vaxxed since March of this year, but her youngest brought it home from kindergarten class and gave it to her. My brother, her husband and also fully vaxxed since March, tested negative but he's sick af and those PCR tests are often inaccurate. Kinda makes the whole vax thing seem pointless, don't it?

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1375 on: October 03, 2021, 09:36:34 AM »

Alaska is being hit extremely hard after having escaped most of the pandemic early. They're suddenly the worst state in the nation, even worse than Florida or West Virginia. This article says 1 in 84 Alaskans have been infected in the past month! That's insane. That's double the rate of the next highest state.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-science-business-alaska-health-1500db35e56b688e9cf3e0eea1d2a114

Heidi Hedberg, director of the state Division of Public Health, encouraged all residents to wear masks and get vaccinated.

'Every action you take helps prevent COVID-19 from spreading and protects you, your family, other Alaskans and our health care system. No one wants to use crisis standards of care guidelines,' she said.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1376 on: October 03, 2021, 04:38:40 PM »

new rule, at least if I was in charge:

if your dumb ass doesn't get vaccinated you can't send your children to in school learning

My sister-in-law and both her kids, my nephews, tested positive for COVID just a few days ago. My sister-in-law has been fully vaxxed since March of this year, but her youngest brought it home from kindergarten class and gave it to her. My brother, her husband and also fully vaxxed since March, tested negative but he's sick af and those PCR tests are often inaccurate. Kinda makes the whole vax thing seem pointless, don't it?

Maybe your dumb ass GAVE it to them, shmuck.

On the flipside- I'm sorry your family is sick. I wish them well.
We talk all this political s**t-left and right and upsidedown, but you wear a football helmet, or don't run stop signs. And don't b***h about it. Your kids got shots before they started school. Bet you did too. And your dog. I mean, this is all about red and blue-why?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 05:23:14 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1377 on: October 03, 2021, 05:35:25 PM »

Speaking of pointless...missing the point comes into it somewhere.  Again.   Lookingup

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #1378 on: October 03, 2021, 06:03:03 PM »

Speaking of pointless...missing the point comes into it somewhere.  Again.   Lookingup

So explain the point then. Why vax at all if you still going to get sick from it? Big waste of time and effort by the look of it. We are supposed to vax to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated; that’s the yarn that is being spun by the Biden Administration now. Explain how that logic is supposed to make any sense at all.  Lookingup

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1379 on: October 03, 2021, 06:20:54 PM »

So explain the point then. Why vax at all if you still going to get sick from it? Big waste of time and effort by the look of it. We are supposed to vax to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated; that’s the yarn that is being spun by the Biden Administration now. Explain how that logic is supposed to make any sense at all.  Lookingup

you do realize that Trump got the vaccine approved.... right?

he just did a terrible job of distributing it

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.