Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:11:49 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339801 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1380 on: October 03, 2021, 07:47:07 PM »

^ Bob- arguing with this guy is like arguing with a doorknob. He said it wasn't real when it started; he was against masks and shutting down, now he b***hes the vax didn't work.
I don't think he cares one way or another- as long as he can b***h about it. A sad human being who ain't happy unless he spreads fear and anger.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1381 on: October 03, 2021, 07:54:19 PM »

Friday on my way back from work I had to stop by Walgreens to pick up a prescription

I was very surprised that there were signs everywhere by the pharmacy area saying they were out of COVID booster shots

is it like this by anyone else?

part of me thinks it could be because they had their parking lot and street entrances blocked off with cones as they had it all repaved so trucks couldn't get in with it

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1382 on: October 03, 2021, 08:07:32 PM »

My local pharmacy isn't offering booster shots, they are only for the elderly and those with compromised immune systems.

Many people argue it would be better to send those booster doses to poor countries to stop the global spread anyway. Booster doses are harmless, of course, but they really aren't strongly supported by science. I think Biden is wrong in promoting them (though it's not the hugest deal and in general he's done well).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #1383 on: October 03, 2021, 09:00:19 PM »

Speaking of pointless...missing the point comes into it somewhere.  Again.   Lookingup

So explain the point then. Why vax at all if you still going to get sick from it? Big waste of time and effort by the look of it. We are supposed to vax to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated; that’s the yarn that is being spun by the Biden Administration now. Explain how that logic is supposed to make any sense at all.  Lookingup

you do realize that Trump got the vaccine approved.... right?

he just did a terrible job of distributing it

What do you mean “terrible job” distributing it? COVID vaccination began on December 14, 2020; Trump was out of office a month later. During that short time, even Biden admitted that over 2 million Americans were vaccinated. And I don’t recall Trump ever saying anything this retarded:

The bottom line: We’re going to protect vaccinated workers from unvaccinated co-workers.  We’re going to reduce the spread of COVID-19 by increasing the share of the workforce that is vaccinated in businesses all across America.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2021/09/09/remarks-by-president-biden-on-fighting-the-covid-19-pandemic-3/

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1384 on: October 03, 2021, 09:32:46 PM »

Speaking of pointless...missing the point comes into it somewhere.  Again.   Lookingup

So explain the point then. Why vax at all if you still going to get sick from it? Big waste of time and effort by the look of it. We are supposed to vax to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated; that’s the yarn that is being spun by the Biden Administration now. Explain how that logic is supposed to make any sense at all.  Lookingup

LSS:  The vaccine greatly reduces your chances of contracting COVID-19, it even further reduces the odds of your being hospitalized with it, and it cuts your chances of dying from COVID by 99%.  Talk to health care workers; ask them about the ration of vaccinated to unvaccinated in our ICU's and hospital morgues, and MAYBE you'll get "the point."

(But probably not, knowing you)

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1385 on: October 03, 2021, 09:54:56 PM »

This is, I think, a good opinion piece with insight on anti-vaxxers: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/why-people-who-don-e2-80-99t-trust-vaccines-are-embracing-unproven-drugs/ar-AAP2lL7

It's about the craziest wing of the movement, the ones who deny real medicine but embrace fake medicine, but there is good insight into the entire mindset.

Anyone who hasn't been convinced by now will probably never be convinced. I am afraid only the death of a loved one could change their minds.

"tribal identity trumps everything else, including ... self-interest.”

zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #1386 on: October 04, 2021, 12:14:13 AM »

LSS:  The vaccine greatly reduces your chances of contracting COVID-19, it even further reduces the odds of your being hospitalized with it, and it cuts your chances of dying from COVID by 99%.  Talk to health care workers; ask them about the ration of vaccinated to unvaccinated in our ICU's and hospital morgues, and MAYBE you'll get "the point."

An unvaccinated person already has over a 99% chance of surviving COVID-19 though. You are stumbling over your own propaganda.  Cheers

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1387 on: October 04, 2021, 01:03:35 AM »

...An unvaccinated person already has over a 99% chance of surviving COVID-19 though. You are stumbling over your own propaganda.  Cheers

You make the point of the anecdotal nature of the disease, vaccination and death.  It looks like most people will recover.  Many do not recover and remain disabled. Perhaps 1 in 2000 will die.  We got to 675,000 American deaths because of that crap shoot. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1388 on: October 04, 2021, 06:25:06 AM »

That's not true.  First of all, the fatality rate from COVID-19 in the USA is a little over 2%.  In addition, about 5% of patients are hospitalized with the disease, and the average COVID hospital stay is over a month - with long-term, lingering effects that can go on for months thereafter.  Another 10% will be severely ill enough to miss a couple of weeks worth of work, with some lingering side effects of the disease thereafter.   Taking the shot can eliminate these outcomes in 90% of all cases, as well as drastically reducing your chances of getting the virus at all.  You know all this, you are just continuing to be deliberately obtuse and in denial about this pandemic that has killed millions worldwide.

An unvaccinated person already has over a 99% chance of surviving COVID-19 though. You are stumbling over your own propaganda.  Cheers

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1389 on: October 04, 2021, 08:13:29 AM »

https://www.uspharmacist.com/article/here-are-arguments-that-can-help-overcome-covid19-vaccine-hesitancy

Interesting conclusions.

A majority, 62%, of those answering the poll said the following statement was most convincing to them. That “getting vaccinated will help keep you, your family, your community, the economy, and your country safe and healthy.” That was more persuasive than “taking the vaccine is the right thing to do for yourself, for your family, your community, the economy, and the country” (38%).

Notice the very slight difference in wording--changing from "the right thing to do" to "will help"--increased the persuasiveness of the statement from 38% to 62%.

The author goes on to say "Researchers conducting the poll caution against moralizing and lecturing Americans when it comes to the importance of vaccine acceptance."

Now, obviously some people will never accept it, but I think it's clear that moralizing and insults are not helpful.

Jim H

« Reply #1390 on: October 04, 2021, 11:12:29 AM »

Speaking of pointless...missing the point comes into it somewhere.  Again.   Lookingup

So explain the point then. Why vax at all if you still going to get sick from it? Big waste of time and effort by the look of it. We are supposed to vax to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated; that’s the yarn that is being spun by the Biden Administration now. Explain how that logic is supposed to make any sense at all.  Lookingup

LSS:  The vaccine greatly reduces your chances of contracting COVID-19, it even further reduces the odds of your being hospitalized with it, and it cuts your chances of dying from COVID by 99%.  Talk to health care workers; ask them about the ration of vaccinated to unvaccinated in our ICU's and hospital morgues, and MAYBE you'll get "the point."

An unvaccinated person already has over a 99% chance of surviving COVID-19 though. You are stumbling over your own propaganda.  Cheers

In math terms, you are saying 1% of 1% is the same as 1%.  I don't know what else there is to say about that.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 11:16:00 AM by Jim H » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1391 on: October 04, 2021, 11:26:31 AM »

Just came back from the optometrist, who had a breakthrough case of Covid (delta). He was sick for a few days, aches, shortness of breath, and loss of smell and taste (which is still not 100% back months later). Not hospitalized.

Of course, he was thankful that he was vaccinated; it could have been much worse without those additional antibodies. I'd be shocked if you found anyone who had a breakthrough case who was not thankful they were vaccinated.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1392 on: October 04, 2021, 07:26:58 PM »

Re-read what I wrote. THEY DON'T. 

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1393 on: October 05, 2021, 03:30:44 AM »

Just came back from the optometrist, who had a breakthrough case of Covid (delta). He was sick for a few days, aches, shortness of breath, and loss of smell and taste (which is still not 100% back months later). Not hospitalized.

Of course, he was thankful that he was vaccinated; it could have been much worse without those additional antibodies. I'd be shocked if you found anyone who had a breakthrough case who was not thankful they were vaccinated.

My landlady asked me an hour or so ago if I had my jab yet and I said not yet: she told me that I must get it soon. I wonder if there was a "if you're not jabbed you can't live here anymore" vibe to it? Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1394 on: October 05, 2021, 08:02:13 AM »

My landlady asked me an hour or so ago if I had my jab yet and I said not yet: she told me that I must get it soon. I wonder if there was a "if you're not jabbed you can't live here anymore" vibe to it? Question

It's not like you haven't tried, right?

Google says vaccination rate in S.A. is only about 21% now (U.S. is about 56%). It's not like you're in some small minority of unvaccinated people.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 08:45:46 AM by Rev. Powell » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.