Main Menu

COVID-19 Rant

Started by indianasmith, March 11, 2020, 10:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allhallowsday

Quote from: El Misfit on October 23, 2021, 06:10:07 AM
Once again I ask everyone to not feed the troll called Zelmo.

The truth is, trolls are entertaining on a quiet forum.  I also always have hope.  :smile:
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

RCMerchant

^

"As long as there is death, there is hope"
― Brother Theodore
" I would like an order of Alaskan Baked bulls**t topped with horse cock gravy"- Ronny Merchant.

Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

pacman000

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/fluvoxamine-cheap-generic-anti-depressant-called-luvox-may-reduce-severe-covid-19-disease-study-finds/ar-AAQ2b8B?ocid=msedgntp

QuoteA trial among about 1,500 patients in Brazil showed those who took the drug, known as fluvoxamine, were less likely to progress to severe disease and to require hospitalization.

The drug, sold under the brand name Luvox, is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) most often used to treat obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and depression. But it can affect inflammation, said Dr. Angela Reiersen, an associate professor of psychiatry at Washington University in St. Louis who worked on the study, published in The Lancet Global Health.

Leah

Both the city and state are lifting the mask mandate. I'll still wear mine to work/out just to be on the safe side.
yeah no.

Allhallowsday

Quote from: El Misfit on October 28, 2021, 05:18:04 PM
Both the city and state are lifting the mask mandate. I'll still wear mine to work/out just to be on the safe side.

Good for you!
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Trevor

Meanwhile in South Africa:

https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/government-considering-making-covid-19-vaccines-mandatory-for-public-servants-a5fdc47c-4c84-45c0-90c3-017f76d938ab

I'm a public servant but by the time this becomes law, I'll have been jabbed twice.

I think there will be strikes over this as many of the people I work with do not want the vaccine.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Trevor

I just made my final booking for the 17th: I have to get this over and done with so that people feel safe around me and that I feel OK to leave the house. :smile:

I just hope that I don't get a recurrence of that damn tiredness. 
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

claws

I got my first ever flu shot on Wednesday. I had no side effects with my covid jabs, but felt tired and had a sore throat the day after my flu shot.
Is it October yet?

zelmo73

Quote from: Alex on October 23, 2021, 11:19:35 AM
Quote from: zelmo73 on October 23, 2021, 09:14:53 AM
Is polio the same type of virus as COVID-19? It's a simple question that negates yours.

Doesn't negate it

So Alex believes that polio is the same type of virus as COVID-19. You might as well stop arguing entirely, because you clearly have not a clue about...well, everything.
First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"

Alex

Quote from: zelmo73 on October 30, 2021, 09:55:04 AM
Is polio the same type of virus as COVID-19? It's a simple question that negates yours.

Doesn't negate it

So Alex believes that polio is the same type of virus as COVID-19. You might as well stop arguing entirely, because you clearly have not a clue about...well, everything.

Nope, I did not say that although it says a lot about you (and nothing good) that you assume I did.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

zelmo73

Quote from: El Misfit on October 28, 2021, 05:18:04 PM

The safe side of what? If the city and state are lifting the mask mandate, and you are still cowering, then that just makes you buggy.

------------------

zelmo73

Quote from: Alex on October 30, 2021, 09:57:50 AM

Doesn't negate it

Nope, I did not say that although it says a lot about you (and nothing good) that you assume I did.

Explain yourself.
------------------

Alex

Quote from: zelmo73 on October 30, 2021, 10:02:17 AM
Quote from: Alex on October 30, 2021, 09:57:50 AM

Doesn't negate it

Explain yourself.

Ah, another assumption. This time that you can demand things of me.  Well, no. You answer questions you've been asked and then maybe you'll earn the respect that gets you answers. Until that time...
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

bob

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

pacman000

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/oxford-scientists-find-gene-that-doubles-risk-of-dying-from-covid-19/ar-AAQkbAe?ocid=msedgntp

Quote(Bloomberg) -- Scientists identified a specific gene that doubles the risk of respiratory failure from Covid-19 and may go some way to explaining why some ethnic groups are more susceptible to severe disease than others.

Goes on to say that genetics probably isn't the only factor.