Main Menu

COVID-19 Rant

Started by indianasmith, March 11, 2020, 10:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Trevor

Trevor

claws

One of my sisters caught it last week. She is fully vaccinated but she had a bit of difficulties breathing properly for two days. She's fine now. So far almost everyone in our family had covid except for four people including me.
Is it October yet?

indianasmith

My daughter Rachel has it now.  We're trying to stay quarantined while she stays barricaded in the front room.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Rev. Powell

In the past 2 weeks my nephew and a friend have independently contracted the latest variant. That's more independent cases among people I know than happened at the height of the pandemic (of course, people aren't taking precautions anymore). I have still escaped contracting it (fingers crossed). I did get a fourth booster recently.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

bob

Quote from: indianasmith on July 20, 2022, 09:04:35 AM
My daughter Rachel has it now.  We're trying to stay quarantined while she stays barricaded in the front room.

:bluesad:
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Trevor

As of August 1, the SA Department of Health will no longer issue reports on Covid-19 cases (infections, etc).

I remember when all this started, one of the local TV media outlets was criticized for having a sidebar on its' reports totaling the amount of infections, deaths etc. That stopped very quickly.

https://sacoronavirus.co.za/2022/08/01/media-statement-health-department-announces-the-end-of-covid-19-daily-reporting/

claws

Just when you thought things are kind of back to normal... now my Brother-In-Law got covid. He had all the shots but is still not feeling well. My sister tested negative thank god.
Is it October yet?

Trevor

I just had a security techie here to check my landlord's alarm system: my dude was coughing, sneezing, snorting the green ones in, in fact doing everything except farting.

On went the mask and I asked him if he was feeling OK: he said he was and denied that he was sick.

With my health as fragile as it is, if I get sick now ..................  :bluesad:

lester1/2jr

I just tested positive. it's a pretty standard bad cold but one difference is I have insomnia. extremely unpleasant

going to try and make the most of my down time

Rev. Powell

Quote from: lester1/2jr on November 01, 2022, 08:42:23 AM
I just tested positive. it's a pretty standard bad cold but one difference is I have insomnia. extremely unpleasant

going to try and make the most of my down time

:bluesad: Sorry to hear that. Somehow I've avoided it, seems like about half the people I know have caught it at some point.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

lester1/2jr

I had stayed above the fray by basically having a predictable pattern for my life. Before I went to a concert last week (naplm Death) I had a big bowl of soup with my meal which was a bad idea. Its happened before that I do that then get sick because it slows me down and like....soup is not a good thing to eat before you do something that you need energy for. I felt like crap at the show and gradually got sicker and sicker over the next few days. I tested negative for covid on Sunday somehow, but positive today.

lester1/2jr

so far its a lot like the 36 Chambers of Shaolin. You end the horrible burning soar throat stage then go right into the your teeth healthy or not start to ache stage. insomnia ended and lack of taste and smell began.

There is probably someone somewhere who would find experience this enlightening or interesting. I am not that person. I miss BEER

Trevor