Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 05:00:52 AM
715897 Posts in 53159 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1192 1193 [1194] 1195 1196 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2754138 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17895 on: February 12, 2018, 05:18:48 PM »

Do they do sweet and sour pork balls?

Your kisses turn princes into frogs and passion plays into monologues.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17896 on: February 12, 2018, 05:34:14 PM »

Do they do sweet and sour pork balls?
They probably sweet and sour the whole pig, lol.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17897 on: February 13, 2018, 02:29:30 AM »

Hmm, speaking of sour things, my sister in law Hali loves sour sweets. I must remember to pick up some tubs of Toxic Waste and bags of Soor Plooms.

Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17898 on: February 13, 2018, 03:36:24 AM »

Why don't they make sideruns for people in a hurry?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Fox Sake
« Reply #17899 on: February 13, 2018, 06:12:49 AM »

Whenever I am in a hurry its ineivitable I will face every red light, every pedestrian crossing, every blocked road, every slow-moving-vehicle, every road work and every full car park between A and B
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17900 on: February 13, 2018, 06:53:06 AM »

Hmm, speaking of sour things, my sister in law Hali loves sour sweets. I must remember to pick up some tubs of Toxic Waste and bags of Soor Plooms.
I've never been able to tolerate sour at all.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17901 on: February 13, 2018, 07:27:46 AM »

You might want to change from your order of hot and sour then!?!

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17902 on: February 13, 2018, 07:35:39 AM »

You might want to change from your order of hot and sour then!?!
It's the heat part I wanted, the sour is subdued in it. Its actually really good. Ever had it?

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17903 on: February 13, 2018, 07:37:05 AM »

My wife always gets the hot and sour soup.  Me, I'm an egg drop person!

But I do love me some Sour Patch Kids!  I will eat those things until my tongue is raw.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Fox Sake
« Reply #17904 on: February 13, 2018, 07:45:17 AM »

I always have great hand-to-mouth coordination issues with soup!

Even with the biggest of big spoons I still sometimes manage to miss my even bigger mouth; and its always my whitest of white blouses that end up with the reddest of red soups splattered all over it.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17905 on: February 13, 2018, 07:49:57 AM »

Even with the biggest of big spoons I still sometimes manage to miss my even bigger mouth; and its always my whitest of white blouses that end up with the reddest of red soups splattered all over it.

My grandma taught me that if you rake the bottom of the spoon on the side of the bowl it cuts back on drips. Every time I do that to this day, I think of her. :-)

Fox Sake
« Reply #17906 on: February 13, 2018, 07:54:16 AM »

My grandma taught me that if you rake the bottom of the spoon on the side of the bowl it cuts back on drips. Every time I do that to this day, I think of her. :-)

Good tip! But do you rake your spoon towards you or away from you? I generally go for the latter. But even raking doesn't alway work: its the fitting the spoon into my mouth without touching the sides where I sometimes have issues. Which is probably one reason i never have soup when dining out with friends.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17907 on: February 13, 2018, 08:01:43 AM »

Good tip! But do you rake your spoon towards you or away from you? I generally go for the latter. But even raking doesn't alway work: its the fitting the spoon into my mouth without touching the sides where I sometimes have issues. Which is probably one reason i never have soup when dining out with friends.

Let me think.... I guess you'd call that motion away from me? Like the handle end of the spoon moves outward and sideways, so, yeah, away. Yes, soup is a hazardous dining experience in the best of times and seems bent on revenge of the fashion-staining variety. Maybe the Chinese have it right in tipping it up and slurping it but I'm not that brave. Besides, my grandma would face-palm if she knew.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17908 on: February 13, 2018, 12:40:38 PM »

I have had hot and sour soup before, and I like it although if I am eating chinese food and having a soup then it tends to be crab and sweetcorn soup for me. I am not sure a sour version of that would work.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17909 on: February 13, 2018, 12:45:34 PM »

I have had hot and sour soup before, and I like it although if I am eating chinese food and having a soup then it tends to be crab and sweetcorn soup for me. I am not sure a sour version of that would work.

Sour mostly stands alone. Sour doesn't pair well with many others. Sour is my least favorite, I'd say.

I think savory is a taste, but supposedly it's a combination of other primary tastes, like a hue blended from the three basic colors. In India it's claimed pungent is also a taste along with the ones we recognize in the West. There are biologists who challenge the idea that we have just five tastes, and that the tastebuds for those are located in specific spots instead of broadcast more generally across the tongue, and I think I am with them.

But, yeah, I don't much respect sour.

Pages: 1 ... 1192 1193 [1194] 1195 1196 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.