Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:12:02 PM
715446 Posts in 53138 Topics by 7762 Members
Latest Member: HoustonJac
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Lorena Bobbit Story « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Lorena Bobbit Story  (Read 1789 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: February 19, 2020, 08:04:09 PM »

as related in my MODERN AMERICA class this afternoon:

So in May of 1993, a suburban housewife named Lorena Bobbitt got fed up with her insatiable husband. You'll see why her name is ironic in just a moment.
Not only did he demand that she "perform" 2-3 times a day, every day, but she then found out that he had at least two other girlfriends on the side.
Something snapped in her mind, and she went to the kitchen while her husband was asleep and grabbed a sharp kitchen knife, then came into the bedroom, took a long look at his offending member, and decided . . . well, to "Bobbitt"!
After the deed was done, his screams and the blood snapped her out of it and she dropped the knife and fled the house.  As she got in the car, she realized she was till holding his severed section in her hand and flung it out the window onto the lawn and then took off!
John Bobbitt stanched the flow of blood with a towel and called 911, and as the paramedics were carrying the emasculated Casanova to the ambulance, one of them saw his severed doohickey lying on the lawn and retrieved it.  No, wait, the story gets better!  Guys, quit crossing your legs and whimpering!
So, anyway, while the police went looking for the lovely home surgery expert, doctors performed an eight hour surgery in which they completely re-attached John Bobbitt's offending member.
Yes, Charlie, they sewed it right back on him.  Yes, Eli, it still worked, too!
But wait, it gets better, guys.  Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.  Calm down now . .  .
John Bobbitt divorced his wife (not sure why, it was just a minor domestic spat!), and then went on to work in adult films after that.
His first movie - I SWEAR, class, I am not making this up!  It was called JOHN BOBBITT: UNCUT.
OK, OK, calm down now.  At any rate that entire sordid episode did give rise to the most tasteless joke of the entire 1990's.
Wait, you want to hear it?  Are you sure?  It's kinda gross. . . OK, if you're sure.

"What did Jeffrey Dahmer say to Lorena Bobbitt?"
"Are you gonna eat that?"

OK, now moving on to JUNE of 1993 . . .

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 08:41:28 PM »

I think a visual aid would really bring life to your story, so, if I can find a picture of said reattached schmeckle that's three clicks away from an innocuous link, would I be permitted to post that here?

Like say....
Click the first: Holy Name Cathedral, which I'd post here, all safe and nice, and it links to
Click the second: Men's Health, which leads to
Click the third: Infamous images of the '90s, which leads to
See Bobbit's Bobbed Bammer!

Would that fly?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 08:48:31 PM »

I remember this being in the news a lot at the time, then he did a whole round of interviews. Seemed odd that someone would embrace the notoriety gained in this incident. I wonder where his ex-wife is now?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 10:43:43 PM »

I remember this being in the news a lot at the time, then he did a whole round of interviews. Seemed odd that someone would embrace the notoriety gained in this incident. I wonder where his ex-wife is now?

Unless I am mistaken, she was deported and I think he did some adult film roles. I seem to recall that event came at a time of many strange scandals, like Amy Fisher, and the Menendez Brothers, the figure skating assault, but about a year later OJ blew them all off the radar and dominated every media outlet.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 10:44:01 PM »

Not sure.  I think she  may have remarried.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 05:06:52 PM »

I have nothing on her for the past decade, but, . . . in . . .

1996 she returned to her homeland of Ecuador, where she was the guest of the president, Abdala Bucaram, at a state dinner. Though, he was later critized for inviting her.

That same year, both he and she attended a child's baptism as the child's godparents.

1997 she was charged with punching out her mother, while they were watching TV. Though, she was later acquitted at her trial

2007 she was working at a beauty salon in Washington, D.C.

That same year she founded Lorena's Red Wagon, which tries to prevent domestic violence thru family-oriented activities.

2008 she appeared on The Early Show, where she talked about her long-term relationship with one David Bellinger and their 2-and-a-half year old daughter at that time.

2009 both John and Lorena appeared on The Insider, where John continued to proclaim his love for her.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Lorena Bobbit Story « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.