Main Menu

COVID-19 Rant

Started by indianasmith, March 11, 2020, 10:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

We just had one of our dreaded "family meetings" - where the President addresses the nation - but things are going to be kept as is for now. Vaccinations are probably going to be made compulsory for everyone soon.

https://www.news24.com/news24/southafrica/news/coronavirus-all-the-latest-news-about-covid-19-in-south-africa-and-the-world-20200312
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Trevor

Alex

Hope you stay safe my friend and take some comfort in the knowledge that the vast majority of people who get this do get better.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

claws

QuoteBerlin (CNN) Germany on Thursday announced a nationwide lockdown for the unvaccinated, as its leaders backed plans for mandatory vaccinations in the coming months.
Unvaccinated people will be banned from accessing all but the most essential businesses, such as supermarkets and pharmacies, to curb the spread of coronavirus, outgoing Chancellor Angela Merkel and her successor, Olaf Scholz, announced Thursday, following crisis talks with regional leaders. Those who have recently recovered from Covid-19 are not covered by the ban.
The pair also backed proposals for mandatory vaccinations, which if voted through the parliament could take effect from February at the earliest.

Under the tightened restrictions, unvaccinated people can only meet two people from another household. Bars and nightclubs must shut down in areas with an incidence rate above 350 cases per 100,000 people over one week. And the country would limit the number of people at large events like soccer matches.

So weird that Germans are so stubborn not to get vaccinated.
Is it October yet?

Trevor

Quote from: Alex on September 22, 2021, 01:59:18 PMHis biggest problem at the moment is that he is on a general ward and keeps getting woken up in the middle of the night by naked old men running about with their junk hanging out.

:buggedout: +  :bouncegiggle: :bouncegiggle:

Leah

Got the booster shot on Monday and felt fine. Honestly felt like when I got my first shot.
yeah no.

Allhallowsday

I got a booster this morning. 
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Jim H

bob

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Alex

Got my booster booked for Monday. It is looking like the government might put us back into lockdown just to distract headlines away from their latest scandal, although since the latest scandal involves the government breaking all their own lockdown rules at a xmas party last year I somehow feel it will fall flat on its face. If we do go into lockdown, people are going to just say "Well if they aren't following the rules, then why should I?"
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Allhallowsday on December 06, 2021, 02:34:50 PM
I got a booster this morning. 

When I got the first shot the J&J one-shot-wonder in June, it was a nothing. 
Got the Moderna booster touch of a feather application Monday.  Felt like crap the next day until the evening.  Then I ate and ate and ate somemore.
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Trevor

Quote from: Alex on December 08, 2021, 11:10:59 AM
Got my booster booked for Monday. It is looking like the government might put us back into lockdown just to distract headlines away from their latest scandal, although since the latest scandal involves the government breaking all their own lockdown rules at a xmas party last year I somehow feel it will fall flat on its face. If we do go into lockdown, people are going to just say "Well if they aren't following the rules, then why should I?"

That's pretty much the same general feeling here: a lot of people are concerned about possible inter-provincial travel bans - like from where I am to the coast - which might happen, so quite a few people have left for their holidays early. Also, the cries for mandatory vaccines are growing louder and louder.

lester1/2jr

was morbidly sick for a whole week on the second pfizer shot, not getting booster

Trevor

WingedSerpent

Got my third shot today.  Feeling fine right now.  I've gone back to wearing a mask at work. Its probably not necessary,  but I feel safer wearing it. 
At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...