Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:28:46 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339697 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2020, 11:49:22 AM »

Posted by a (right-leaning) M.D. friend of mine of FB.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2020, 11:51:35 AM »

If you don't mind Rev, I may have to borrow that for FB. I am dealing with an outbreak of Dumbassery there.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 12:32:51 PM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2020, 01:21:38 PM »

If you don't mind Rev, I may have to borrow that for FB. I am dealing with an outbreak of Dumbassery there.

I doubt my MD friend would mind, I'm sure he took it from someone else.

chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2020, 02:13:24 PM »

i read it on the ebay soapbox, rev, thanks for posting it here too.

don't EVEN...EVER!
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2020, 09:40:34 PM »

so far 30 people have died in the US, almost all of them at a rest home in Washington state.

almost all the cases in the world are in China Italy and Iran

we're allowed to be a little cynical aren't we?

no, we are NOT. there are 3 new cases in my state. all 3 flew to kansas from florida. NOTHING has been said about tracking down all the people at that conference, all the hotel workers, all the people on that flight, all the people on the next flights of that plane, since there is no way it was actually disinfected between flights,NOTHING. there could be as many as 4000 people infected from ONE business conference. it is NOT a time for cynicism.

Yes, it is time to be cynical. Or at least, one must wonder if you are this shocked at such trivial numbers in Kansas, then you must be wiping your own brains from your exploded head off the walls of your home at *these* far more devastating (and common) statistics:

CDC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 36 million flu illnesses, 370,000 hospitalizations and 22,000 deaths from flu.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

really. you don't consider THIS as trolling? where do you go to school,honey? your principal should know that the students are not only disrespectful, they're not doing their homework, OR learning comprehension. I think i'll just call you junior from here on in. or maybe svenjie.

don't EVEN...EVER!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2020, 10:04:02 PM »

91 deaths in the US so far  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2020, 11:07:20 PM »

Up to 55,000 flu deaths in the U.S. from October 2019 to March 2020.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

Compare that to 91 COVID-19 deaths so far in the U.S., well... look, some of you chicken littles can throw around your percentages all day in here if it makes you feel better, but the fact remains that the flu has actually killed far more Americans this season so far than the Chinese Sniffle virus has done, as it does every year, and no one has ever shut down whole American cities over it since 1918 apparently. I get it, it’s highly contagious, and it kills old and sickly people. But your terror is skewed by the fact that there are worse illnesses out there that kill on a far broader scale than COVID-19, and no one bats an eye. It all seems just a tad ironic, don’t you think? It’s almost as though some of you prefer to live in fear than to think on rational terms.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 11:10:48 PM by zelmo73 » Logged

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2020, 11:19:47 PM »

^ You kill me, man. You believe a comic book villain quote over TWHO?
Yes, there are dumbs**ts fighting over toilet paper.
But the reason for the precautions is so fewer people do die. I am one of those 'old and sickly' (  58, with heart disease) that you seem to not give a flying fvck about. This ain't a comic book, Jr.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 11:29:05 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2020, 01:35:46 AM »

^ You kill me, man. You believe a comic book villain quote over TWHO?
Yes, there are dumbs**ts fighting over toilet paper.
But the reason for the precautions is so fewer people do die. I am one of those 'old and sickly' (  58, with heart disease) that you seem to not give a flying fvck about. This ain't a comic book, Jr.

Guaranteed that a heart attack from stressing out over the possibility of catching the Chinese sniffles would kill you long before the COVID-19 gets you.  Cheers

------------------
claws
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2020, 02:41:59 AM »

Buggedout

Current situation where I live (Bavaria, Germany) -

Beginning today and tomorrow, all stores will be closed for two weeks or after Easter. Only pharmacies, grocery stores and gas stations remain open. Grocery stores may expand opening hours until 10:00 pm and open Sundays until 6:00 pm. They are doing this so people will ease up on panic buying. It is encouraged to pay with (credit) cards.

Restaurants and food places remain open with restrictions (seating with 6 feet space between people, no more than 30 people, opening hours until 3:00 pm. Food delivery and take out only after 3:00 pm).

All schools and Kindergarten have been closed since last week. They will remain closed until after Easter.

Social gatherings are forbidden, also concerts, festivals etc. Movie theaters, swimming pools etc closed until further notice.

Pretty much all or most borders are closed I think.

Not a full fledged lockdown but we might get there sooner or later. All this is not stopping teens and young adults throwing secret "corona parties" where they get drunk. How idiotic is that?
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2020, 03:18:46 AM »

Buggedout

Current situation where I live (Bavaria, Germany) -

Beginning today and tomorrow, all stores will be closed for two weeks or after Easter. Only pharmacies, grocery stores and gas stations remain open. Grocery stores may expand opening hours until 10:00 pm and open Sundays until 6:00 pm. They are doing this so people will ease up on panic buying. It is encouraged to pay with (credit) cards.

Restaurants and food places remain open with restrictions (seating with 6 feet space between people, no more than 30 people, opening hours until 3:00 pm. Food delivery and take out only after 3:00 pm).

All schools and Kindergarten have been closed since last week. They will remain closed until after Easter.

Social gatherings are forbidden, also concerts, festivals etc. Movie theaters, swimming pools etc closed until further notice.

Pretty much all or most borders are closed I think.

Not a full fledged lockdown but we might get there sooner or later. All this is not stopping teens and young adults throwing secret "corona parties" where they get drunk. How idiotic is that?

We have essentially the same restrictions here in Alaska. It's interesting how the same restrictions apply pretty much worldwide in so short of a time, with very little known about the virus other than that it is only potentially dangerous to really old and sick people. The way that the entire thing escalated so quickly throughout the world, it seems very well orchestrated. Almost as though world leaders had planned this well in advance...

------------------
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2020, 03:58:07 AM »

Oh great, we have another tin foil hat type.

Look, yes regular flu has killed more people. Guess what though, that is because it has time to be more widespread. If Corona spreads to the same degree as the flu then a lot more people will die. Generally, these are the same type of people that are at risk from regular flu. I'd explain more, but you've already shown you have a bit of a problem with basic maths so I'd be wasting my time there, all us educated folks with our darned tootin' percentages, getting high falutin information from things like the WHO and not the media.

You sure you are from Alaska, because you sound an awful lot like a Florida man.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2020, 07:27:15 AM »

Almost as though world leaders had planned this well in advance...

Or just maybe it's a plan by the Joker and the Penguin?  Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2020, 07:38:16 AM »

so far 30 people have died in the US, almost all of them at a rest home in Washington state.

almost all the cases in the world are in China Italy and Iran

we're allowed to be a little cynical aren't we?

no, we are NOT. there are 3 new cases in my state. all 3 flew to kansas from florida. NOTHING has been said about tracking down all the people at that conference, all the hotel workers, all the people on that flight, all the people on the next flights of that plane, since there is no way it was actually disinfected between flights,NOTHING. there could be as many as 4000 people infected from ONE business conference. it is NOT a time for cynicism.

Yes, it is time to be cynical. Or at least, one must wonder if you are this shocked at such trivial numbers in Kansas, then you must be wiping your own brains from your exploded head off the walls of your home at *these* far more devastating (and common) statistics:

CDC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 36 million flu illnesses, 370,000 hospitalizations and 22,000 deaths from flu.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

really. you don't consider THIS as trolling? where do you go to school,honey? your principal should know that the students are not only disrespectful, they're not doing their homework, OR learning comprehension. I think i'll just call you junior from here on in. or maybe svenjie.

He's not trolling because he legitimately believes it.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2020, 07:50:58 AM »

And sadly, his comments show that he really doesn't understand how all this works, what the numbers mean and so on. In normal times, that kind of person should be pitied. Alas in times like this is actually makes them potentially dangerous.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.