Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:31:47 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339772 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #720 on: October 06, 2020, 06:27:52 PM »

I still don't personally know anyone who's contracted it, but I do know someone who lost an uncle and aunt to it.

Here's some stupidity.  You remember when Arizona and Florida were shooting through the roof in their case counts?  I have an in-law who went on a "girl vacation" sort of thing to both places in the middle of that.  They all went together, flew, and went drinking in bars and other nonsense.  Got unknowingly infected.  Then she met up with her 65+ year old father while he was on a road trip in the area.  Got him sick.  Then they flew back to recuperate, confirmed with COVID, without telling anyone on the flight about it.  And infected multiple other family members once they got back.  So yeah, I know 5 or 6 people who've had it now...

None of them died thankfully.  The father was feeling absolutely awful for weeks, but is on the mend and doing better now.
pennywise37

« Reply #721 on: October 06, 2020, 06:49:38 PM »

oh that would really p**s me off if it it was my family. but thankfully they got lucky and are still alive.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #722 on: October 06, 2020, 07:51:32 PM »

I still don't personally know anyone who's contracted it, but I do know someone who lost an uncle and aunt to it.

Here's some stupidity.  You remember when Arizona and Florida were shooting through the roof in their case counts?  I have an in-law who went on a "girl vacation" sort of thing to both places in the middle of that.  They all went together, flew, and went drinking in bars and other nonsense.  Got unknowingly infected.  Then she met up with her 65+ year old father while he was on a road trip in the area.  Got him sick.  Then they flew back to recuperate, confirmed with COVID, without telling anyone on the flight about it.  And infected multiple other family members once they got back.  So yeah, I know 5 or 6 people who've had it now...

None of them died thankfully.  The father was feeling absolutely awful for weeks, but is on the mend and doing better now.

I am not scared of contracting Covid for my own sake, but I'm very nervous about unknowingly passing it to my parents, who are in their mid 70s.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #723 on: October 06, 2020, 09:09:07 PM »

or it cold be that covid is weakening. lots of college students coming back to school have tested positive and virtually none of them even required hospitalization.  these things do run their course

I guess I wonder what you mean, exactly.

Some organisms change and become less virulent, or else we change our defenses (like with vaccines and other public health measures).

Some wishful thinking, but not logical.  We've known for a while that the young people seldom die and don't get pneumonia from covid as often.   It's basically a linear graph of age and comorbidities correlating with severity and death.  That hasn't shown any sign of changing.
pennywise37

« Reply #724 on: October 06, 2020, 09:14:53 PM »

i remember what i wanted to say one of the side effects that Colbert was saying last night of the drugs he's on is burning ass. i''m not even joking he said that. well he knows all about being one so it's fitting that well... 

as for the science i'm not sure how that would work if it's gotten stronger or weaker on how i read it awhile back it's gotten stronger cause as you said it's mutated.  but who knows maybe i'm wrong i dunno that's how i read it as
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #725 on: October 06, 2020, 10:45:08 PM »

I've had a couple passengers who've had it. it doesn't sound like fun, but obviously they lived.

pennywise37

« Reply #726 on: October 07, 2020, 03:15:42 AM »

i have an uncle who died of it and he  was living in a nursing home he had been ill to begin with but catching covid didn't help the matter though. honestly i forget he even had died and it's a great uncle actually who i've met only like once or twice in my life and that's about it. i am not sure if any other relatives have died from it though
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #727 on: October 07, 2020, 06:51:59 AM »

Steven Miller- the bald head Nosferatu guy who tells Trump what to say- is Covid positive.
That makes at least 10 people in the White House that are positive.
And some Pentagon officials too.

Gotta love him!

If either one of them smiled their face would crack up and split. Like a wax mask. I bet even money they crawl into a closet after they have sex and cry! Likely has more fun if a leather queen is beating his ass!  TongueOut
Of course that's all JUST MY MIND. I may be wrong!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 11:05:11 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #728 on: October 07, 2020, 11:04:07 AM »

Here's who has it in the White House-

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/07/white-house-coronavirus-cluster-who-has-tested-positive

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
pennywise37

« Reply #729 on: October 12, 2020, 12:30:59 AM »

i don't care what trump's doctors say i think he's still got it and i would not be surprised if he was forced to give him an all clear, Covid does not get out of your system that damn fast.  i was watching a video about this yesterday and they were giving his heart rate or rather were talking about how the info we now have about how Trump's imitation of a heart is doing. from what they claim he has the heart of a 25 year old Athlete and we know they thing he picks up other than a golf club is a cheeseburger and some KFC.

he's gonna infect more people and he just simply does not give a rat's ass who dies not that he ever cares to begin with. but this is just murder and he's of course getting away with it which is just screwed up beyond belief
pacman000
« Reply #730 on: October 27, 2020, 08:05:30 AM »

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-54696873

Oh dear...

Antibodies are a key part of our immune defences and stop the virus from getting inside the body's cells.

The Imperial College London team found the number of people testing positive for antibodies has fallen by 26% between June and September.

They say immunity appears to be fading and there is a risk of catching the virus multiple times.
Bluesad
pennywise37

« Reply #731 on: October 27, 2020, 04:16:46 PM »

now Casper Pence has as of yesterday anyways 5 people in his office that have it and he still refuses to take precautions that's not at all surprising but it disgusts me how everyone who seem to work for that family including the family just does not care about infecting anyone, anyone at all nor do any of them care if anyone dies from it either regardless if they have it or not.
pacman000
« Reply #732 on: October 29, 2020, 08:02:13 AM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/i-don-t-want-these-dogs-to-suffer-pet-surrenders-becoming-tragic-part-of-pandemic/ar-BB1auPaT?ocid=msedgntp

After suffering financial trouble because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the 58-year-old former construction worker didn’t know what to do with them at first.

Should he take money out of his retirement savings early, making it possible to keep caring for his dogs in rural Northern California? Or should he give them away to ease his economic situation?

"I couldn't find a place to rent that would take dogs," said Crowe, who works in a warehouse making $17 per hour part-time after his hours and other work options were reduced this year. “It was horrible.”
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #733 on: October 29, 2020, 10:40:28 AM »

Haven't you heard? It's over!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/10/27/white-house-lists-ending-covid-19-pandemic-as-trump-accomplishment/#36fc1bf01034

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #734 on: October 29, 2020, 02:58:47 PM »

BounceGiggle

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.