Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:31:24 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339664 times)
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #1065 on: June 11, 2021, 12:19:43 AM »

A vaccine for a manufactured virus finished within the same year of the virus’ release is most certainly an implication of the vaccine itself, and lends credence to the whole “plandemic” theory. That is akin to an auto shop selling you a lemon vehicle with faulty mechanics that they knew about but didn’t tell you about them, but hey, they have a great deal on services that could fix those issues right up for you. That is the general suspicion that you are running into and why so many people don’t want to take those vaccines.

You didn’t see the one email from Adam Guertner to Anthony Fauci dated March 11, 2020 at 06:16:40 AM EDT, the one with the subject “Coronavirus bioweapon production method”? Check it out and let us know what you think of it.

The plandemic theory is bonkers; it both makes no sense on it's own, and has no evidence to support it. I'm sorry, but I can't have a discussion with anyone who takes it seriously.  Bluesad I don't believe there is any fact I could give you that would convince you.

The only link Google shows for "email from Adam Guertner to Anthony Fauci dated March 11, 2020 at 06:16:40 AM EDT, the one with the subject “Coronavirus bioweapon production method”" goes to a QAnon message board and there's nothing there but a search form. Though some more digging turned up this:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/jun/02/blog-posting/no-emails-fauci-dont-show-early-agreement-virus-wa/

I understand being skeptical of government, but I think you should be even more skeptical of independent QAnon researchers, who are just anonymous people with no credentials or accountability. If you're not, I don't have time to refute every theory you can dig up, so I will simply stop here.

Your first mistake was using Google. Use DuckDuckGo instead.

This is the link to all of Dr. Fauci’s emails released under FOIA. Page 2,286 contains the incriminating document. Go ahead and verify it: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/20793561-leopold-nih-foia-anthony-fauci-emails

I got the link to these documents from here; I’m not sure if Buzzfeed is connected to QAnon or not; I’m certain that would have made the mainstream news if they were: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/nataliebettendorf/fauci-emails-covid-response

Didn't you make many, many posts claiming that nothing Fauci says was worth listening to? If you now try using him to base your arguments on, it kinda weakens your whole premise.

I made those comments because of the amount of “believe the science” bootlicking that was prevalent in that conversation. What you should be asking yourself is why you don’t believe Fauci now.

Where did I say I didn't believe him now (or do believe him for that matter? Tbh I haven't read your links because in the past so much of what you've said has turned out to be total rubbish so I don't waste my time checking it out. I haven't actually heard what his emails are supposed to say. I was commenting on you now trying to use someone you have previously disparaged as someone we should listen to.

How would you know what is rubbish if you haven't read them? You neither believe him nor disbelieve him...so what exactly is your point here? It appears to me that you have no dog in this hunt at all; you're just chiming in just to chime in. I'm surprised that you didn't type another novel about it while doing so.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #1066 on: June 11, 2021, 12:24:20 AM »

One quick search later...

Doctor Anthony Fauci has responded to revelations over released emails during the height of the coronavirus pandemic in which he was warned that the disease may have been “engineered”.

The top infectious disease expert insisted that the correspondence could easily be “taken out of context” in an interview with NewsNation.

“The only trouble is they are really ripe to be taken out of context where someone can snip out a sentence in an email without showing the other emails and say, ‘based on an email from Dr. Fauci, he said such-and-such,’ where you don’t really have the full context,” Dr Fauci said.

Thousands of the doctor's emails were released this week through FOI requests by The Washington Post and Buzzfeed, giving insight into the handling of the pandemic at its onset.

Amid the emails, one expert speculated to Dr Fauci in January 2020 that the “unusual features” of the novel virus could possibly indicate that it had been “engineered”.

Kristian Andersen, the Scripps Research Institute researcher who sent the email, has since said on Twitter that the correspondence is a “clear example of the scientific process” and maintained that his research regarding the issue debunked the lab-leak theory.

“As I have said many times, we seriously considered a lab leak a possibility. However, significant new data, extensive analyses and many discussions led to the conclusions in our paper,” he said on Twitter.

Dr Fauci also doubled down on his insistence that the email had been misconstrued in an appearance on CNN on Thursday adding that he still believes “the most likely origin is from an animal species to a human”.

“But I keep an absolutely open mind that if there may be other origins of that, there may be another reason, it could have been a lab leak,” he said.

The doctor continued: “I believe if you look historically, what happens in the animal-human interface, that in fact the more likelihood is that you're dealing with a jump of species.”

Dr Fauci noted that he keeps an “open mind all the time” adding: “And that's the reason why I have been public that we should continue to look for the origin.”

The theory that the pandemic originated with a leak from a Chinese research laboratory in Wuhan has once again been gaining speculation in recent weeks. Beijing has vehemently denied the accusation.

Last week, President Joe Biden ordered intelligence officials to intensify their efforts to determine the origin of the disease, including the possibility it began as part of a lab accident.

The scientific community is heavily divided over the controversial theory, with certain experts saying it is “entirely plausible” while others argue such theories “vary from not credible at all to barely credible”.

In the interview with NewsNation, Dr Fauci also responded to criticism of funding sent to the Wuhan Institute of Virology in 2002.

“The Wuhan lab is a very large lab, to the tune of hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars — the grant that we’re talking about was $600,000 (£423,000) over five years,” the doctor said.

He noted that he “can’t guarantee everything that’s going on in the Wuhan lab” but said it was “our obligation as scientists and public health individuals to study the animal-human interface”.

The director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases explained that the world had “lucked out” that it “didn’t get hurt too badly with the original SARS in 2002 and 2003.”

Well, of course he would say something like that. I like how he attempts to downplay the funding now that he can't dismiss it as something that did not happen:

In the interview with NewsNation, Dr Fauci also responded to criticism of funding sent to the Wuhan Institute of Virology in 2002.

“The Wuhan lab is a very large lab, to the tune of hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars — the grant that we’re talking about was $600,000 (£423,000) over five years,” the doctor said.

He noted that he “can’t guarantee everything that’s going on in the Wuhan lab” but said it was “our obligation as scientists and public health individuals to study the animal-human interface”.

$600,000 is a lot of money to one person though. Would you bring a bat to a wet market close to a research laboratory if someone paid you $600,000 to do it, Alex? Just curious.

------------------
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1067 on: June 11, 2021, 12:28:32 AM »

A vaccine for a manufactured virus finished within the same year of the virus’ release is most certainly an implication of the vaccine itself, and lends credence to the whole “plandemic” theory. That is akin to an auto shop selling you a lemon vehicle with faulty mechanics that they knew about but didn’t tell you about them, but hey, they have a great deal on services that could fix those issues right up for you. That is the general suspicion that you are running into and why so many people don’t want to take those vaccines.

You didn’t see the one email from Adam Guertner to Anthony Fauci dated March 11, 2020 at 06:16:40 AM EDT, the one with the subject “Coronavirus bioweapon production method”? Check it out and let us know what you think of it.

The plandemic theory is bonkers; it both makes no sense on it's own, and has no evidence to support it. I'm sorry, but I can't have a discussion with anyone who takes it seriously.  Bluesad I don't believe there is any fact I could give you that would convince you.

The only link Google shows for "email from Adam Guertner to Anthony Fauci dated March 11, 2020 at 06:16:40 AM EDT, the one with the subject “Coronavirus bioweapon production method”" goes to a QAnon message board and there's nothing there but a search form. Though some more digging turned up this:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/jun/02/blog-posting/no-emails-fauci-dont-show-early-agreement-virus-wa/

I understand being skeptical of government, but I think you should be even more skeptical of independent QAnon researchers, who are just anonymous people with no credentials or accountability. If you're not, I don't have time to refute every theory you can dig up, so I will simply stop here.

This is the link to all of Dr. Fauci’s emails released under FOIA. Page 2,286 contains the incriminating document. Go ahead and verify it: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/20793561-leopold-nih-foia-anthony-fauci-emails

I got the link to these documents from here; I’m not sure if Buzzfeed is connected to QAnon or not; I’m certain that would have made the mainstream news if they were: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/nataliebettendorf/fauci-emails-covid-response

Didn't you make many, many posts claiming that nothing Fauci says was worth listening to? If you now try using him to base your arguments on, it kinda weakens your whole premise.

I made those comments because of the amount of “believe the science” bootlicking that was prevalent in that conversation. What you should be asking yourself is why you don’t believe Fauci now.

Where did I say I didn't believe him now (or do believe him for that matter? Tbh I haven't read your links because in the past so much of what you've said has turned out to be total rubbish so I don't waste my time checking it out. I haven't actually heard what his emails are supposed to say. I was commenting on you now trying to use someone you have previously disparaged as someone we should listen to.

How would you know what is rubbish if you haven't read them? You neither believe him nor disbelieve him...so what exactly is your point here? It appears to me that you have no dog in this hunt at all; you're just chiming in just to chime in. I'm surprised that you didn't type another novel about it while doing so.

I'll put my point in caps since you managed to miss it last time.
I was commenting on you now trying to use someone you have previously disparaged as someone we should listen to.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #1068 on: June 11, 2021, 12:32:15 AM »

I was commenting on you now trying to use someone you have previously disparaged as someone we should listen to.

Aaaaand I already explained to you why I did it. I didn't miss anything. I just found whatever point that you were trying to make as not very relevant. It in fact strengthened my initial argument about the guy; that those who believed every word that Fauci said as gospel are now trying to distance themselves from him especially now that he is beginning to echo the so-called Trumpisms from last year: "it could be China's fault, I'm not dismissing that possibility," paraphrasing Dr. Fauci.

------------------
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1069 on: June 11, 2021, 12:42:58 AM »

Aaaaand I already explained to you why I did it. I didn't miss anything. I just found whatever point that you were trying to make as not very relevant. It in fact strengthened my initial argument about the guy; that those who believed every word that Fauci said as gospel are now trying to distance themselves from him especially now that he is beginning to echo the so-called Trumpisms from last year: "it could be China's fault, I'm not dismissing that possibility," paraphrasing Dr. Fauci.

If you think it strengthens your argument, then great. Self-belief is the key. In the real world however... Let me try and put this in simple terms even you can read without going all novel length.

You said previously he was talking rubbish and we shouldn't listen to him. You now say, hey look at what this guy is saying.  Why would we now listen to you?

And yes, he has said it is a possibility that it came from a lab in China. He has also said it is more likely to have been animal to human transmission. You claim not to have missed anything, and yet you so obviously have. It is possible that the universe was created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster afterall, it is however more likely another source is responsible.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #1070 on: June 11, 2021, 12:51:20 AM »

If you think it strengthens your argument, then great. Self-belief is the key. In the real world however... Let me try and put this in simple terms even you can read without going all novel length.

You said previously he was talking rubbish and we shouldn't listen to him. You now say, hey look at what this guy is saying.  Why would we now listen to you?

And yes, he has said it is a possibility that it came from a lab in China. He has also said it is more likely to have been animal to human transmission. You claim not to have missed anything, and yet you so obviously have. It is possible that the universe was created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster afterall, it is however more likely another source is responsible.

Because you stood by what Fauci was saying before. Why aren't you standing by what he is saying now?

It's funny how you are "more likely" convinced that the universe was created by "another source", yet you flatly deny any possibility that China is engaging in biological research espionage when they were busted for it recently: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/harvard-university-professor-and-two-chinese-nationals-charged-three-separate-china-related

------------------
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1071 on: June 11, 2021, 12:53:43 AM »

Because you stood by what Fauci was saying before. Why aren't you standing by what he is saying now?

It's funny how you are "more likely" convinced that the universe was created by "another source", yet you flatly deny any possibility that China is engaging in biological research espionage when they were busted for it recently: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/harvard-university-professor-and-two-chinese-nationals-charged-three-separate-china-related

Can you show me where I flatly deny any possibility that China is engaging in biological research espionage?

zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #1072 on: June 11, 2021, 01:03:29 AM »

Can you show me where I flatly deny any possibility that China is engaging in biological research espionage?

You never did answer my question. Would you bring a bat to a wet market close to a research laboratory if someone paid you $600,000 to do it, Alex?

------------------
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1073 on: June 11, 2021, 01:06:51 AM »

You said previously he was talking rubbish and we shouldn't listen to him. You now say, hey look at what this guy is saying.  Why would we now listen to you?

You never did answer my question. Would you bring a bat to a wet market close to a research laboratory if someone paid you $600,000 to do it, Alex?

Possibly because I didn't bother reading it, but the answer is no. Now I've answered your question, will you answer mine?

EDIT: After some thought I do remember you asking that. The answer seemed so stupidly obvious that I assumed it was a rhetorical question and didn't bother replying.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 01:18:41 AM by Alex » Logged

zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #1074 on: June 11, 2021, 01:26:01 AM »

You said previously he was talking rubbish and we shouldn't listen to him. You now say, hey look at what this guy is saying.  Why would we now listen to you?

Possibly because I didn't bother reading it, but the answer is no. Now I've answered your question, will you answer mine?

EDIT: After some thought I do remember you asking that. The answer seemed so stupidly obvious that I assumed it was a rhetorical question and didn't bother replying.

Perhaps you wouldn't, but undoubtedly they could have found some poor sap in China to do it for $600,000. Unless you deny that possibility? Because, you know, that would count as biological research espionage; which we've already established that China has already been caught redhanded engaging in. Do you deny that?

------------------
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1075 on: June 11, 2021, 01:30:39 AM »

Perhaps you wouldn't, but undoubtedly they could have found some poor sap in China to do it for $600,000. Unless you deny that possibility? Because, you know, that would count as biological research espionage; which we've already established that China has already been caught redhanded engaging in. Do you deny that?

If you could kindly answer my question first, then I will respond to your new one.

zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #1076 on: June 11, 2021, 02:52:57 AM »

If you could kindly answer my question first, then I will respond to your new one.

No, Alex. How you answer this question will answer that question as well. Now do you deny it or not?

------------------
pennywise37

« Reply #1077 on: June 11, 2021, 04:45:24 AM »

i dunno zelmo he must have read that on face book when face book all but proves that it's normally 100% wrong and anyone who uses that for news wears tin for hats
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1078 on: June 11, 2021, 04:59:09 AM »

No, Alex. How you answer this question will answer that question as well. Now do you deny it or not?

So what you are saying is that I didn't, but are giving a politicians answer. If you will not answer my question I see no reason why I should bother with yours. You want an answer then extend the same courtesy you are expecting.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 05:02:36 AM by Alex » Logged

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1079 on: June 11, 2021, 07:54:19 AM »

I'm afraid the Alex-Zelmo conversation is comically unproductive.

I've suggested this before and I will again: Zelmo, you should raise your concerns here: http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349866

Those people will be happy to argue about this for days on end.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.