Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:04:20 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339564 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1125 on: July 17, 2021, 11:34:07 PM »

Good God . . . just shaking my head in furious disbelief now...

I get that the country is politically divided right now, but . . .  HOW CAN ANYBODY BE THAT F***ING STUPID???????

Because science has been politicized.  I wonder how many of our generation or our parents would have contracted polio but did not because of a vaccine.  Now, an almost unheard of disease.  The difference of course is, polio had been a scourge of the world and the world jumped at the chance for a solution.  Covid is new, wherever it originated, and in time people will learn. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #1126 on: July 18, 2021, 01:24:32 AM »

Good God . . . just shaking my head in furious disbelief now.
I have a FB friend that I bat politics back and forth with a good bit, usually all in good fun.
But he's started posting anti-vaccine propaganda almost every day now, and I called him out on it, telling him that kind of misinformation is killing people right now.  He is SO distrustful of our government that he said "he'd rather die of COVID than take the shot."
And the thing is, he's a fireman/EMT who has responded to 200 COVID calls!  But he's so far down the conspiracy rabbit hole that he honestly believes the vaccine is a government plot to kill people, and would rather slowly asphyxiate as the virus destroys his lungs rather than get a simple shot in the arm.

I get that the country is politically divided right now, but . . .  HOW CAN ANYBODY BE THAT F***ING STUPID???????

Even the notoriously far left wing liberal Jon Stewart is calling b.s. on the coronavirus pandemic that is named after the Wuhan lab in China; surely you’ve seen the video of that on Stephen Colbert’s show. Are you prepared to agree with me that even “THAT F**KING STUPID” Biden Administration can’t ignore the obvious?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57260009.amp

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1127 on: July 18, 2021, 01:29:29 AM »

What Jon Stewart did on Colbert is called satire.
He was mocking people like you.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1128 on: July 18, 2021, 02:37:18 AM »

And that makes it trumps vaccine... I see. And of course he would have been totally unable to say, travel to another country that had approved it and get it there if it hadn't been approved in the US.

What other country had the vaccine when Biden got his second dose in December? Russia had the Sputnik vaccine before Trump’s FDA had authorized Pfizer in December. Do you think the U.S. would have validated that as a legit vaccine?

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7008e3.htm

Well, the UK authorised it before the US for a start, so we had it.

Would Trump’s FDA have validated that as a legit vaccine though? Probably not. Trump wouldn’t even allow the Brits into the country last year because of how they handled the COVID outbreak. Joe would have gotten the British jab then would have been stuck in quarantine looking like an idiot with an illegitimate British vaccine flowing in his veins.

Can you make your mind up. You just said they did validate it. Now you are claiming they wouldn't have and yet they did.

EDIT Oh and instead of being trumps vaccine its now the Brits one?

Oh, I should also point out that despite the lack of a travel corridor politicians were still able to travel to the G7 meeting in Cornwall and then return to the states. So much for being stranded in the UK. Might want to follow international events a bit closer before making an argument like that. And as someone in the forces I should point out that despite the travel corridor thing, people are still travelling between the US and UK for work on things like Lightning II so travel back and forth is happening so it isn't just high ranking politicians and it happened during trumps time in office too.

I do agree that the government over here handled it all rather badly, however the rub is that despite that, they still handled it better than trump.

Slow down, Alex. You are confusing yourself again. I’ll allow you to note when Trump’s FDA had approved the Pfizer vaccine for distribution as well as when Biden first took the vaccine as well as his second dose. I’m sorry, Alex, for speaking too fast here. I had forgotten who I was talking to here for a second.  Cheers

Along with trumps border protection allowing the virus in, in the first place?  Twirling And trump's military doing absolutely nothing about this bio-engineered virus killing so many American's. I mean you mentioned that people couldn't fly to the UK from the US because of how we handled things. Might want to check out during the height of the pandemic how many countries would let regular travel take place from the US. What does that tell you about just how badly trump was handling the whole thing then?

I was aware that while trump was in office the FDA approved the Pfizer vaccine. Did trump have a final sign off on that? I'd have to be honest and say I have no idea if the president does or doesn't, but I'd be surprised if he was required to give a final sign off on things like that, as it would mean he'd be spending a lot of time just signing every drug and so forth put out for sale. If not, then giving trump credit for it would be like me claiming credit for my country not having been invaded during my time in uniform.

But hey by all means keep on trying to convince us that the man who sat there and did nothing while an engineered virus killed all those countrymen of yours and did nothing to punish the country that unleashed it is such a great guy. I mean what's the big deal anyway, you said the vaccine isn't a cure for the pandemic, you've said the pandemic isn't that big a deal. If you are right on that then the vaccine being authorised during trump's time in office is pretty meaningless anyway.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #1129 on: July 18, 2021, 02:57:31 AM »

The Washington Post didn’t call it satire, RC. They took what Jon Stewart said very seriously.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/06/15/jon-stewart-lab-leak-colbert/%3foutputType=amp

------------------
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #1130 on: July 18, 2021, 03:02:41 AM »

But hey by all means keep on trying to convince us that the man who sat there and did nothing while an engineered virus killed all those countrymen of yours and did nothing to punish the country that unleashed it is such a great guy. I mean what's the big deal anyway, you said the vaccine isn't a cure for the pandemic, you've said the pandemic isn't that big a deal. If you are right on that then the vaccine being authorised during trump's time in office is pretty meaningless anyway.

“Did nothing” other than give you your life-saving COVID-19 vaccine, Alex? Let’s get down to brass tacks, soldier: what other government on Earth was the most responsible for getting you vaccinated?

------------------
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1131 on: July 18, 2021, 03:10:05 AM »

“Did nothing” other than give you your life-saving COVID-19 vaccine, Alex? Let’s get down to brass tacks, soldier: what other government on Earth was the most responsible for getting you vaccinated?

Well since the German government invested $445 million in the drug, while the US government invested a grand total of $0 in it, I'd say the German government was a hell of a lot more responsible for me getting it. The British government pre-ordered 40 million doses of the drug. That had quite a lot to do with me getting it.

Thanks for giving me a big laugh this morning though.

Oh and when you say lifesaving, don't you mean useless and untested? I mean I am sure you've used words along those lines to describe it before. How irresponsible of trumps FDA to unleash such a potentially dangerous drug on the public.  BounceGiggle

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1132 on: July 18, 2021, 08:21:34 AM »

I have a FB friend that I bat politics back and forth with a good bit, usually all in good fun.
But he's started posting anti-vaccine propaganda almost every day now, and I called him out on it, telling him that kind of misinformation is killing people right now.  He is SO distrustful of our government that he said "he'd rather die of COVID than take the shot."
And the thing is, he's a fireman/EMT who has responded to 200 COVID calls!  But he's so far down the conspiracy rabbit hole that he honestly believes the vaccine is a government plot to kill people, and would rather slowly asphyxiate as the virus destroys his lungs rather than get a simple shot in the arm.

Even the notoriously far left wing liberal Jon Stewart is calling b.s. on the coronavirus pandemic that is named after the Wuhan lab in China; surely you’ve seen the video of that on Stephen Colbert’s show. Are you prepared to agree with me that even “THAT F**KING STUPID” Biden Administration can’t ignore the obvious?

I agree with you about virtually nothing. You're a professional troll, shilling Trump at every turn while changing your position on the virus and vaccine almost daily, depending on who you are talking to and who you want to infuriate.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1133 on: July 18, 2021, 08:57:28 AM »

The Washington Post didn’t call it satire, RC. They took what Jon Stewart said very seriously.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/06/15/jon-stewart-lab-leak-colbert/%3foutputType=amp

I found it hilarious!  BounceGiggle
It sounded like broad satire of conspiracy theory geeks, to me.
I don't think most news folks on either side of the table have a very good sense of humor.
Kinda doing a Mike Lindell thing (who I think is truly mentally ill) or Laura Taylor Greene or Matt Gaetz ,who are just riding the Big Orange Toad's popularity among the super rich, and very stupid, brainless theory geeks who believe the craziest nonsense, and fear.
I bet some years back you believed in chem trails and Bigfoot, too.
Jon Stewart was doing an Andy Kaufmann, or a Colbert,- who acted like a far right TV newsman waaaayy back on back on Colbert's show in the early 90's. And on Jon Stewart's show.
It seemed obvious to me. But your quoting the Washington Post- which most of the time in the past you have called out as being propaganda.
You can't have it both ways.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 05:23:23 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1134 on: July 18, 2021, 11:17:24 AM »

I just ignore what Zelmo says about the virus and vaccine since it's usually bait, plus Zelmo's tendency to not answer questions is both annoying and a waste of time for everyone.

yeah no.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1135 on: July 18, 2021, 12:13:01 PM »

Got to be honest I don't take him seriously. I just like turning his inane comments against him. I can ignore him or laugh at him equally easily.

zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #1136 on: July 18, 2021, 06:04:10 PM »

Well since the German government invested $445 million in the drug, while the US government invested a grand total of $0 in it, I'd say the German government was a hell of a lot more responsible for me getting it. The British government pre-ordered 40 million doses of the drug. That had quite a lot to do with me getting it.

Thanks for giving me a big laugh this morning though.

Oh and when you say lifesaving, don't you mean useless and untested? I mean I am sure you've used words along those lines to describe it before. How irresponsible of trumps FDA to unleash such a potentially dangerous drug on the public.  BounceGiggle

Pfizer is an American company though. The U.S. government invested a hell of a lot more into Pfizer’s vaccine research than the German government did. You tell a cute story though, Alex. I wonder if you actually believe what you’re saying too.  Cheers

Like many companies with valuable patents and trademarks, Pfizer takes that intellectual property and registers it in a foreign tax haven that doesn’t tax corporate income. When a customer buys Pfizer’s pills in the United States, the company sends a significant portion of the purchase price to the tax haven subsidiary to pay for the use of the patent. The profit from the sale winds up in the tax haven, while the costs of management, research, marketing, and sales remain in the United States, leaving Pfizer’s domestic operations with large losses.
Last year, the SEC launched an inquiry into how Pfizer could generate 40% of its sales here and yet not report any U.S. profits for four straight years. Pfizer responded by promising better disclosure and then, months later, announced large U.S. losses – for the fifth year.

https://americansfortaxfairness.org/files/Pfizer-Fact-Sheet-FINAL.pdf

------------------
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #1137 on: July 18, 2021, 06:15:16 PM »

I agree with you about virtually nothing. You're a professional troll, shilling Trump at every turn while changing your position on the virus and vaccine almost daily, depending on who you are talking to and who you want to infuriate.

My position on the virus and vaccine has changed very little; I just find it curious that the Trump Administration gave you your vaccine yet you still refuse to give credit to the man that made it possible for you to walk around in public with less restrictions than you had a year ago, among your fellow vaccinated citizens. Has it ever occurred to you that your first responder friend might be privy to knowledge of facts that you don’t have access to or refuse to believe is true?

------------------
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #1138 on: July 18, 2021, 06:33:03 PM »

I found it hilarious!  BounceGiggle
It sounded like broad satire of conspiracy theory geeks, to me.
I don't think most news folks on either side of the table have a very good sense of humor.
Kinda doing a Mike Lindell thing (who I think is truly mentally ill) or Laura Taylor Greene or Matt Gaetz ,who are just riding the Big Orange Toad's popularity among the super rich, and very stupid, brainless theory geeks who believe the craziest nonsense, and fear.
I bet some years back you believed in chem trails and Bigfoot, too.
Jon Stewart was doing an Andy Kaufmann, or a Colbert,- who acted like a far right TV newsman waaaayy back on back on Colbert's show in the early 90's. And on Jon Stewart's show.
It seemed obvious to me. But your quoting the Washington Post- which most of the time in the past you have called out as being propaganda.
You can't have it both ways.

You’re making this very easy for me. So both the Washington Post and the Biden Administration are taking political satire seriously?

------------------
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1139 on: July 18, 2021, 06:48:47 PM »

Delta variant sucks.  Thumbdown As a vaccinated person, it's not going to effect me directly, but it still sucks for humanity.

"Most people will either get vaccinated, or have been previously infected, or they will get this Delta variant," Dr. Scott Gottlieb told CBS' "Face the Nation" on Sunday. "And for most people who get this Delta variant, it's going to be the most serious virus that they get in their lifetime in terms of the risk of putting them in the hospital," said Gottlieb, who was commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration during the Trump administration.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/18/health/us-coronavirus-sunday/index.html

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.