Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:26:34 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 112
Author Topic: COVID-19 Rant  (Read 339838 times)
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1170 on: July 24, 2021, 05:53:44 PM »

i dunno what level we are but i'd say level 1 to take a guess?  everything is pretty much open here i dunno how many cases have been reported today.

this girl i know she's taking her kids to Florida on the 5th and they are pretty high on being infected i really doubt she doesn't  go. she did order the tickets last month before it all went to hell.  so who knows?  it's Disney World they are going to and i wonder how bad it is there? i haven't heard them say anything recently has anyone?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1171 on: August 02, 2021, 11:32:50 AM »

Posted by my former roommate, now an MD (and a Republican De Santis supporter, proving that science doesn't have to be political).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #1172 on: August 02, 2021, 12:02:52 PM »

That same graph could also be applied to the number of unvaccinated deaths too. Just saying…

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1173 on: August 02, 2021, 12:20:40 PM »

pennywise37

« Reply #1174 on: August 02, 2021, 06:58:12 PM »

how can anyone support that douche bag? he apparently went to i forget what state recently and all he did was brag on how s**tty of a job he was doing in Florida. the guy is threatening schools if they keep their kids without masks he will go after them than you have other people who have brains said no you make sure those kids are safe and he can try coming after me.

in short De Santis  could care less like Trump who lives or dies yet it never occurs to him once that these idiots who want to vote for him have to be alive to do so. i'm so glad i do not live down there.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1175 on: August 02, 2021, 07:23:12 PM »

how can anyone support that douche bag? he apparently went to i forget what state recently and all he did was brag on how s**tty of a job he was doing in Florida. the guy is threatening schools if they keep their kids without masks he will go after them than you have other people who have brains said no you make sure those kids are safe and he can try coming after me.

in short De Santis  could care less like Trump who lives or dies yet it never occurs to him once that these idiots who want to vote for him have to be alive to do so. i'm so glad i do not live down there.

I'm sort of guessing, but I think my doctor friend doesn't agree with De Santis on Covid but doesn't think he's done a disastrous job either, and is a lifelong Republican who supports him on other issues. On the other hand he might not support him anymore, I don't know (and it's not something I'd really feel comfortable asking him about). I personally would never support De Santis.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1176 on: August 02, 2021, 09:12:27 PM »

That same graph could also be applied to the number of unvaccinated deaths too. Just saying…

JUST SAYING SOMETHING STUPID???   

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1177 on: August 02, 2021, 09:25:35 PM »

Well Louisiana is bringing back the mask mandate.  Seeing that Louisiana is behind with people being vaxxed I'm not surprised, just disappointed with them not getting vaxxed.

yeah no.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1178 on: August 02, 2021, 10:03:29 PM »

Well Louisiana is bringing back the mask mandate.  Seeing that Louisiana is behind with people being vaxxed I'm not surprised, just disappointed with them not getting vaxxed.

I cannot understand the generations that have thrived because of the Polio vaccine.  Your parents and maybe grandparents never contracted the polio virus.  Certainly not you.  We've all been vaccinated since childhood.  Don't you want to live?  Every time I see a story about an anti-vaxer who got Covid, they regret being un-vaccinated. 

pennywise37

« Reply #1179 on: August 02, 2021, 10:41:09 PM »

both my folks were around during the polio scare of the 50's my mom is 68 and my dad will be 71 this year. and so they did the duck and cover as well back than as well. they both still remember that too. see on how i feel if you want to back some douche bag i don't get that. if you want to back someone who's a dem or a republican that's one thing but when they are doing such stupid ass things that goes to the point they should be in f... jail you'd think regardless side you are on that why did i even like this guy? and to be fair a lot of people who voted for Trump have asked that same question to i give them credit on that.

but the Republicans have been so damn corrupt it makes you wonder why you even would want to be in that party? i know the dems are too i'm not saying they aren't but they at least do some good sometimes. it's not enough but it's better than what they were doing in the past which was not a damn thing.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #1180 on: August 03, 2021, 04:44:17 AM »

The Delta scarient has you making much ado about nothing.

As you can see, the Delta variant has a 0.1% case fatality rate (CFR) out of 31,132 Delta sequence infections confirmed by investigators. That is the same rate as the flu and is much lower than the CFR for the ancestral strain or any of the other variants. And as we know, the CFR is always higher than the infection fatality rate (IFR), because many of the mildest and asymptomatic infections go undocumented, while the confirmed cases tend to have a bias toward those who are more evidently symptomatic.

In other words, Delta is literally the flu with a CFR identical to it. This is exactly what every respiratory pandemic has done through history: morphed into more transmissible and less virulent form that forces the other mutations out since you get that one. Nothing about masks, lockdowns, or experimental shots did this. To the extent this really is more transmissible, it's going to be less deadly, as is the case with the common cold. To the extent that there are areas below the herd immunity threshold (for example, in Scotland and the northwestern parts of the U.K.) they will likely get the Delta variant (until something else supplants it), but fatalities will continue to go down.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/scottmorefield/2021/06/24/biden-called-out-for-falsely-claiming-delta-variant-is-deadlier-than-previous-str-n2591566

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1181 on: August 03, 2021, 07:09:15 AM »

https://asm.org/Articles/2021/July/How-Dangerous-is-the-Delta-Variant-B-1-617-2

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1182 on: August 03, 2021, 11:41:01 AM »

Posted by my former roommate, now an MD (and a Republican De Santis supporter, proving that science doesn't have to be political).

Followup chart.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1183 on: August 03, 2021, 12:45:51 PM »

The Delta scarient has you making much ado about nothing... 
You can't lump me into your model of a leftist liberal.  I won't fit.  When you experience disease and death the way I have, you may become frightened for those you love.  Fear of my own mortality however, is a matter of acceptance.  Maybe I'll be scared then, and I don't want to die, but I will, and sooner than later. 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1184 on: August 03, 2021, 12:49:56 PM »

^ I'm with Hallows. If I die, I die. But if takes a small thing like wearing a mask, or getting a shot to keep others from getting ill, I'll do it.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 112
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  COVID-19 Rant « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.