Main Menu

COVID-19 Rant

Started by indianasmith, March 11, 2020, 10:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pacman000

Phizer pill looks promising:

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxGwkKMe2NxjpJ-IoGaLkSfqgudvY-hYvF

QuoteAccording to the drugmaker, the pill reduced 89% of the risk of hospitalization or death among COVID-19 patients if they got the drug soon enough.

The data was from an interim trial done before the drug trial's scheduled end date, and it hasn't been peer-reviewed or published yet. Pfizer says more details will be included in the peer-reviewed paper for the FDA.
Disappointing that it hasn't been peer reviewed yet. Crossing fingers, hoping it really does work.

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Alex on October 30, 2021, 10:09:35 AM
Quote from: zelmo73 on October 30, 2021, 10:02:17 AM
Quote from: Alex on October 30, 2021, 09:57:50 AM
Quote from: zelmo73 on October 30, 2021, 09:55:04 AM
Quote from: Alex on October 23, 2021, 11:19:35 AM
Quote from: zelmo73 on October 23, 2021, 09:14:53 AM
Is polio the same type of virus as COVID-19? It's a simple question that negates yours.
Doesn't negate it
So Alex believes that polio is the same type of virus as COVID-19. You might as well stop arguing entirely, because you clearly have not a clue about...well, everything.
Nope, I did not say that although it says a lot about you (and nothing good) that you assume I did.
Explain yourself.
Ah, another assumption. This time that you can demand things of me.  Well, no. You answer questions you've been asked and then maybe you'll earn the respect that gets you answers. Until that time...

You two at it again?  Obfuscating Whataboutism cannot be argued with.  Unfortunately, it's like watching an addict.  
El Misfit is right.  Don't feed the troll.  
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Trevor

Quote from: pacman000 on November 05, 2021, 11:09:10 AM

QuoteAccording to the drugmaker, the pill reduced 89% of the risk of hospitalization or death among COVID-19 patients if they got the drug soon enough.

The data was from an interim trial done before the drug trial's scheduled end date, and it hasn't been peer-reviewed or published yet. Pfizer says more details will be included in the peer-reviewed paper for the FDA.
Disappointing that it hasn't been peer reviewed yet. Crossing fingers, hoping it really does work.

I got the Pfizer jab last month: it really kicked my butt. Got it on a Wednesday morning and I was no good to anyone until that Sunday afternoon: horrible fatigue.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

bob

Quote from: Trevor on November 05, 2021, 02:20:12 PM
Quote from: pacman000 on November 05, 2021, 11:09:10 AM

I got the Pfizer jab last month: it really kicked my butt. Got it on a Wednesday morning and I was no good to anyone until that Sunday afternoon: horrible fatigue.

the same thing happened to me with the 2nd dose

the booster, if you're eligible, is much tamer

I was just sore where I got it for a  few days
Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa, Villeneuve - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Alex

Quote from: Allhallowsday on November 05, 2021, 01:11:47 PM
Quote from: Alex on October 30, 2021, 10:09:35 AM
Quote from: zelmo73 on October 30, 2021, 10:02:17 AM
Quote from: Alex on October 30, 2021, 09:57:50 AM
Quote from: zelmo73 on October 30, 2021, 09:55:04 AM
Quote from: Alex on October 23, 2021, 11:19:35 AM
Quote from: zelmo73 on October 23, 2021, 09:14:53 AM
Is polio the same type of virus as COVID-19? It's a simple question that negates yours.
Doesn't negate it
So Alex believes that polio is the same type of virus as COVID-19. You might as well stop arguing entirely, because you clearly have not a clue about...well, everything.
Nope, I did not say that although it says a lot about you (and nothing good) that you assume I did.
Explain yourself.
Ah, another assumption. This time that you can demand things of me.  Well, no. You answer questions you've been asked and then maybe you'll earn the respect that gets you answers. Until that time...

You two at it again?  Obfuscating Whataboutism cannot be argued with.  Unfortunately, it's like watching an addict.  
El Misfit is right.  Don't feed the troll.  

Currently, my thoughts on the matter is that he isn't a troll, but instead he just so starved of attention that even the negative attention he gets here feels better than no attention.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

pacman000

Isn't that the definition of a troll? Someone who posts inflammatory things to "catch" other posters? I've always assumed that involves some sort of attention-seeking.

claws

Quote from: pacman000 on November 05, 2021, 05:55:37 PM
Isn't that the definition of a troll? Someone who posts inflammatory things to "catch" other posters? I've always assumed that involves some sort of attention-seeking.

Pretty much

QuoteTrolls are people who leave intentionally provocative or offensive messages on the internet in order to get attention, cause trouble or upset someone.
Is it October yet?

Rev. Powell

Quote from: claws on November 05, 2021, 06:52:37 PM

Pretty much

QuoteTrolls are people who leave intentionally provocative or offensive messages on the internet in order to get attention, cause trouble or upset someone.

I don't think you are a troll if you genuinely believe what you are saying and are arguing passionately for your position, even if you come off as obnoxious. I just think it's proven unproductive and disruptive to engage with him.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

claws

Quote from: Rev. Powell on November 05, 2021, 08:22:22 PM
Quote from: claws on November 05, 2021, 06:52:37 PM

Pretty much

I don't think you are a troll if you genuinely believe what you are saying and are arguing passionately for your position, even if you come off as obnoxious. I just think it's proven unproductive and disruptive to engage with him.

Back to square one: you can't engage with a troll, you can't engage with stupidity.

QuoteStupid people leave unintentionally provocative or offensive messages on the internet that cause trouble or upset someone.
Is it October yet?

Alex

I kinda feel sorry for the guy. Replying to him is the equivalent of a pity f**k.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

RCMerchant

Quote from: Alex on November 05, 2021, 09:49:14 PM
I kinda feel sorry for the guy. Replying to him is the equivalent of a pity f**k.

:bouncegiggle:

I believe I've been on the receiving end of a pity f^ck....don't think I ever gave one. (though many a time I woke up with some hideous beast pitying myself.)
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Alex

Quote from: RCMerchant on November 05, 2021, 11:27:36 PM
Quote from: Alex on November 05, 2021, 09:49:14 PM

:bouncegiggle:

I believe I've been on the receiving end of a pity f^ck....don't think I ever gave one. (though many a time I woke up with some hideous beast pitying myself.)

I think The Macc Lads did a song about that back in the 90s.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

Trevor

Quote from: Rev. Powell on September 17, 2021, 09:14:41 AM
The swelling in my balls actually went down after a got my vaccine. (No lie!)

:buggedout::bouncegiggle: :teddyr: :teddyr:

lester1/2jr

I'm not getting a booster. would genuinely prefer the covid thanks

Trevor

Quote from: lester1/2jr on November 07, 2021, 11:47:37 PM
I'm not getting a booster. would genuinely prefer the covid thanks

My jab next week is also my last one.