|Copyright 1978 Troma Films
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Master Sardu - Scrawny sado-masochist who trains female slaves and wants to put on a real theater production. Eaten by savage women.
- Ralphus - Midget with a fro! He uses a blowgun to subdue victims then dances. Unfortunately joins Sardu in the wanton women's stomach.
- Natasha DeNatalie - Prima ballerina of New York, kidnapped by Sardu to star in his ballet.
- Tom - Natasha's boyfriend, professional football player. Brained by her.
- Creasy Silo - Film critic who mocks Sardu. Kicked to death by Natasha.
- Sgt Tucci - Corrupt cop who looks like the cartoon character "The Critic." Also eaten by the crazy gals.
- A Horde of Nude Women - Don't you just love a movie with these?
|This lovely bit of early Troma (They must have purchased the rights to it.) is extremely disturbing, not only is it 90 minutes of nude women running around but half the time they're getting chopped up in some manner. Sardu and Ralphus kidnap girls from the streets of New York City and then train them to be submissive slaves for wealthy clients. Have you ever seen a girl getting direct current through her nipples? It doesn't look fun. This is also one of the few, maybe only, films where a midget uses a girl's severed head to perform oral sex on himself! Well here's the plot: the master sadist runs a theater where they "pretend" to kill women for the audience. Unfortunately for Natasha he wants to do a real production with a talented artist... ...so Ralphus kidnaps her and Silo, which attracts the attention of Tom and Tucci. The cop just keeps blackmailing everyone and on opening night of the performance he demands payment from Sardu to keep the lid on. All heck breaks loose when the feral women Sardu couldn't train go on a rampage - eating Sardu, Ralphus, Tucci, and some others. Hardly a film for the whole family but it should be very popular among high school and young college dudes.|
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Sadistic midgets carrying hacksaws are really bad news.
- Woman slaves are shipped to the far east via regular mail all the time.
- Lincoln Center's dressing room is poorly lit and unguarded.
- Sadist's use naked girl's backsides for dartboards.
- Mass nudity can improve any movie.
- Chainsaws sound just like electric knives.
- In any movie where you CONSTANTLY hear meowing a cat should be in evidence, could not find that damn cat for the life of me...
- Chaining critics to marble pillars and having ballerinas kick them to death is pure art.
- Police brutality is hardly an issue with masochists.
- Just so you know, around every five minutes - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 17 mins - 500 volts to the nipples must suck but it's the amps that get you...
- 25 mins - This guy is a football player? He has the physique of a margarine stick!
- 37 mins - Hmmm, a naked blonde and the best thing he could come up with is drilling a hole in her head? Kill him please... ...thank you.
- 41 mins - Two naked women fighting to eat an ear while a midget dances in the foreground?
- 48 mins - She's being "racked" but the chain isn't getting any tighter and I can stretch better than that.
- 75 mins - Now, I do not know ballet from trash, but this is trash. Oh, hey! Now she's nude, nevermind...
- 83 mins - Who needs to see face? This camera angle is just fine with me.
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Ralphus: "She's dead, master."
||Sardu: "Are you ready to accept my domination?"
||Sardu: "How's the fillet? Tender? You're eating one of my trainees that didn't quite work out."
||Phone: "This is the New York City Police Department's emergency number 9 1 1. There is no one in at the moment, you are listening to a recording. At the sound of the beep leave your name, telephone number, a short description of the crime, and the perpetrators."
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|Please, oh please never let some crazy sadist torture me with a cymbal bashing midget.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #33. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by email@example.com
I just want to add that when somebody think that some every disgusting scene in Freaks was made in director imagination he is wrong. Oral sex with severed head and dart play are taken from reality. Just check out Ed Kemper,famous serial killer, story. If someone can think that Freaks is disgusting he should know that reality is really more disturbing than movies because head used by Kemper belonged to his mother. So don't say movies are terrible, just check some real stories.
Reply #34. Posted on June 11, 2005, 10:48:46 PM by Michael Hall
I just read the interview with Joel M. Reed on Film Threat and he just blew me away with how much of a witty guy he is. I think it is great to see interviews with underground film personalities especially when very little in known about them. I hope Joel makes his sequel to Bloodsucking Freaks which he talks about in the interview. Excellent stuff.
Reply #35. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Gary Redfern
I was just on IMDB and saw that Bloodsucking Freaks II has been added to the database as being in pre-production. I can't believe this and Troma is handling the distribution again. That Film Threat interviewer who interviewed Joel M. Reed has really made things start to happen for him, just look at all the buzz it has generated.
Reply #36. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM by Jeff Barbosa
*NEWS* Film Threat has recently interviewed Joel M. Reed. He talks about putting together a long awaited sequel to Bloodsucking Freaks which was written right after the release of the original back in the mid-70s. Interviewer asks him some great questions and Mr. Reed has some interesting stories to tell and is quite a funny guy.
CHECK IT OUT!!!http://www.filmthreat.com/Interviews.asp?Id=964
Reply #37. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Barry C
The late Seamus O'Brien (he was murdered in New York City in 1977 by a burglar in his apartment) and the late Louie Dejesus (died of a heart attack in 1988) had incredible onscreen chemistry. Niles McMaster as Tom Maverick and Dan Fauci as Sgt. John Tucci gave spirited performances as well. Who will ever forget when Maverick stumbles into a severed head and says: "Oh, Christ people outta be more careful about what they leave lying around!!!" Then Tucci chimes in with: "What's the matter kid haven't you ever got a little head before?"
Reply #38. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by
Issue #19 of Cinema Sewer has a cool interview with Ernie Pysher who played The Doctor in "Bloodsucking Freaks".
|Re: Bloodsucking Freaks
Reply #39. Posted on February 24, 2007, 09:51:04 PM by Azreal93
Ok, honestly, this film is truly smut ridden, degrading filth!!! But it makes me laugh every time I see it.It lacks taste, quality, has no redeeming value whatsoever, but, for some strange reason I think that is exactly
What the film is supposed to be, and thus from the beginning. I cantí imagine how painfully disgusted A person might Become if he or she were to take this film seriously, (my Lord, how could anyone take it seriously). It is Troma at it
Nastiest (god bless em) and nothing more than big Sick Joke, and in my opinion anyway, deserves to be treated as such!
|Re: Bloodsucking Freaks
Reply #40. Posted on November 07, 2009, 07:22:04 PM by Ralphus Jr.
This comment is directed at Reply #6
I really like this trash-epic! BLOODSUCKING FREAKS is one of the most god awful films ever and that is part of what I find appealing about it. The fact that you've never seen this really nullifies your opinion. Doesn't it? I'm not a pervert, a psycho, nor do I consider myself a "Snuff film fan auteur." I'm not ashamed of liking this film. I'd be more ashamed of liking a film such as "Reds" or "The World According to Garp," but to each his own. The thing most appealing is the lack of typical mainstream cinema's approach, writing, topic, etc. Horror and nudity don't work anymore? That in no way explains the recent trend of remaking all these so called horror classics? Hell, some of them have even became franchises on their own. Porno isn't dead either, my friend. There is plenty of nudity left in films as well. As a matter of fact, it's even on television now. I guess they don't show it on the christian network? How are you sure you can make a better film than this, when you deny that you've even watched it? Liking nudity isn't pathetic, it's human nature. Now go get that fullfilling sex life you so deserve! You're missing out! Your God wanted it this way!
|Pages: 1 ... 3 4  6 |