|Copyright 1993 Body Melt Pty Ltd and Dumb Films/Australian Film Commission/Film Victoria.
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Sam Phillips - Gnarly old Australian Cop, does not drink alcohol.
- Johnno - Rookie cop, he has some affections for waterfowl.
- Shaan - In charge of the Vimuville heath spa, her head collapses.
- The Nobles - Family, dad has this horrid jogging suit (he turns into snot), mom's tongue chokes her, the son dies rollerblading, and daughter is left for the asylum.
- Sal and Gino - Two young lads out to get laid, both fall prey to a random family of genetic freaks.
- The Rands - Family expecting their first baby, she has some problems and her placenta attacks him.
- Paul Matthews - Bachelor, not very hard to see why.
- Dr. Carrera - Developer of Vimuville's amazing vitamins.
- Pud - Dr. Carrera's partner at one time, stole a necessary ingredient of the superdrug.
|This movie is just plain ODD!
Vimuville is a drug company experimenting with new vitamins. Unfortunately, for the unknowing people experimented on, they do not work quite right. Prepare to see body organs and an esophagus more times than you might like - along with some dude gulping dishwashing liquid. There is also a group of freaks who are thrown in for no apparent reason other than to eat Sal and Gino. (They also kill a Kangaroo and eat the adrenal gland from it.)
Sam and Johnno finally pinpoint Vimuville for the disgusting meltdowns but not until every innocent bystander (except the Rands daughter) meets their end. Add to all this a techno soundtrack befitting a Tracy Lords' film and you're dealing with pure genius.
I really liked this movie. It was offbeat and kept me interested the entire time.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Australia looks just like Texas, but with alot of British-descended people.
- Don't drink dishwashing detergent and drive.
- Punk rocker chicks and bag ladies are not, repeat not, attractive.
- Every movie needs a three-legged dog.
- There are darn few normal people in Australia.
- Inbreds eat people.
- A woman's placenta is fully capable of self-locomotion and will harbor resentment against the father.
- Snot is also mobile.
- Masturbation may cause spontaneous penis explosion.
- You can never get enough footage of an esophagus, Hollywood take note... ...Schindler's List, great movie but no esophagus.
- 5 mins - Here we go with the porn music.
- 6 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 11 mins - What the hell kind of jogging suit is he wearing?
- 19 mins - The music in this movie is oddly arousing.
- 22 mins - Why does this guy keep longing for ugly women?
- 26 mins - Good grief! It's a whole colony of ugly bastards!
- 34 mins - No, don't have sex with her, no, no, no, no,no,nonononono...
- 39 mins - Dude just picked his wedgie.
- 44 mins - She's massaging his rib out?
- 58 mins - Enough with the porn music, I'm sore...
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Shaan's boyfriend: "The first phase is hallucinogenic, the second phase is glandular, the third phase is arrrrgghhhh!"
||Pud: "How many kids in your family?" |
Gino: "Italians mate, you know spermatossa el'grosso."
||Dr. Carrera: "Up until their birth, babies are the ultimate parasite."
||Dr. Carrera: "The human body, at best... ...a neglected engine running on cheap fuel."
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|Shaan's condition has become advanced; when the young Noble girl smacks her things take a turn for the worse. Okay, so Shaan's head collapses. That does not mean she is less attractive than before.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #9. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by sarah and angela
WE THOUGHT BODYMELT WAS BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who could want more harold bsihop as a freaky scientist, cannibal inbreds and that freaky woman that watches porn. Toby had a great part it was just a shame he couldn't have died sooner... and the placenta pure genius!!!!!the thing i find amazing is that alot of thses celebs still have careers. Anyone that appreciates bodymelt as much as us should contact us. (angela) "i have a copy on video and i watch it regularly, i aso have devoted my life to the genius that is bodymelt"
(sarah)"i have pictures of the inbreds on my wall and i kiss them every morning. bodymelt is my life and it is my ambition to meet harold bishop. thankyou and goodbye"
sarah and i are going on a pilgrimage to ramsey street are you with us????????????e-mail us your support and we will reward you with bodymelt merchandise.
Thank you you have been an attentive audience goodnight.
P.S this site kicks ass
Reply #10. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by tommo
This movie was crap.
I'm a full blooded Australian, but this movie still sux. Nothing happened. Thats all.
And btw, who reckons that they should make 'the weakest link : The movie'? It would be a pretty good b movie if it's like the australian version.
Reply #11. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Fiona
This film is one of the best horror movies I have ever seen. I'm a tacky horror movie fanatic and this film beats them all. Well maybe not evil dead or brain dead but it comes close. I really want a copy so if anyone knows where to get one TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply #12. Posted on February 17, 2003, 02:02:48 PM by Bren and Glenn
We think Bodymelt is an absolute gem, if only for the scene where Harold gets stroppy and starts shooting at the car. Absolute quality!
Posted on February 18, 2004, 04:59:08 PM by Trevor
Wait a minute, you had a friend that was in a car accident and showed him that car chase scene?! Jesus! You americans are so thick sometimes!
Reply #14. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Megan~
The first time I saw Body Melt, we brought it to a friend's house when he was recovering from an "accident", you know, as a "let's cheer our buddy up" sort of deal. I have to say this was the absolute best idea anyone could have had! Full recovery! Everything about Body Melt is breathtaking!! I'm a huge fan of palcenta and that scene just blew my mind...I don't think I'll ever be the same again, but in a good way! Thank you Body Melt.
Reply #15. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Wiz0r
"I'm glad I watched this movie stoned, otherwise I would have broken it in half and deficated on it."
Best parts were that fag slipping on his snot and bashing his head and the doctor screaming "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMNNN!!" and then driving off at 90mph for absolutely no reason at all.
Reply #16. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by moviecollector
I finally got this in the mail from Ebay & wow! What a fun, demented movie.
Its up there with Peter Jackson's DEAD ALIVE as being a gross-out & funny Horror movie.
I loved the techno music in this too. That Body Melt song in the end credits had me dancing like crazy! I must try to find that song!
Nice gory movie. Its worth checking out, if you can find it. :)
|Pages: 1  3 4 |