|Copyright 1987 The Brain Damage Company.
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Brian - Young lad who becomes Aylmer's host, notice the close match in spelling to "brain" here. His head erupts at the end.
- Barbara - Brian's girlfriend, she ends up getting lonely and laying his brother. Aylmer eats her brains eventually.
- Mike - Brian's brother, he does very little for this movie.
- Morris and Martha - Old couple who were Aylmer's previous hosts, he leaves them for serving him only animal brains. Both get chomped.
- The Busty Blonde - Finds out that bulge in Brian's pants is really Aylmer.
- Aylmer - Parasite that eats brains and can inject his human hosts with a blue drug causing euphoria, ect... ...he looks like a dropping too. Mushed.
|Okay, this movie is fairly odd first of all and involves more male nudity than I'm comfortable with. It does have a silly plot and some great lines though, considering the subject content you shouldn't be surprised. Aylmer escapes from Morris and Martha after years of being forced to provide them with "Blue Drug" (hereafter BD) and eating only animal brains. He hooks up with Brian, who is very frightened at first but soon warms to the idea of carrying a parasite after getting high on BD. What he doesn't learn until later is Aylmer feeds during these blackouts, preying on anyone Brian may come in contact with. Even after learning his portable pusher's secret Brian is unable to break the addiction and fully caves in. Morris tracks down Aylmer and after a furious battle Aylmer, Morris, and Martha are all killed. During this Morris squeezes a HUGE amount of BD into Brian's brain (BB) and causes a cerebral meltdown. "Brain Damage" would have been many times better if it had avoided drawing scenes out, Aylmer was extremely amusing! He sings, wiggles, and eats brains while talking like some old gentlemen guy.|
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Parsley is the appropriate garnish for brains.
- Little, weird, parasitic, hallucinogenic, brain-eating thingies should not sound like a cultured idiot.
- Chicks love guys smashed on drugs and are not turned off by them passing out.
- Last thing I need to see is some guy shedding blood-stained whitie-tighties.
- Having a man's voice telling me "You need my juice" is the other last thing I need.
- Turd-shaped parasites should not wiggle and sing.
- Girls should never French kiss guys who harbor an Aylmer in their throat.
- Overdosing will cause light and electricity to erupt from your skull.
- 3 mins - This woman is cooing over a patch of raw brains...
- 11 mins - Blue water flooding the room? Run! The Tidy-Bowl monster!
- 22 mins - That little thing is boring through his skull to eat the brain?
- 29 mins - Spaghetti and brains huh? Now that's Italian!
- 34 mins - Now that girl is going to have back problems later in life.
- 54 mins - No, no, no, no, not a naked man in the shower, no, no! Arrrggghhhh!
- 61 mins - Sex scenes are supposed to show skin darn it, move your arm.
- 69 mins - Now it's living in his throat?
- Ending Credits - They misspelled it "E L M E R!" After specifically telling us it was "A Y L M E R!"
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Busty Blonde: "Feels like you got a real monster in there."
||Morris: "You fool! You're feeding him human brains, you're making him strong!"
||Brian: "Yeah but when it comes to blood in my underwear I wanna know how it got there!"
||Brian: "You sucked out her brains?" |
Aylmer: "Yeah, right through her mouth." Brian: "Is she dead?"
Aylmer: "Of course she's dead. What, are you kidding?"
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|Aylmer gets something to eat in the public restroom.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #1. Posted on December 12, 1998, 04:35:30 PM by David Emery
Aylmer is hilarious but he didn't talk enough...this movie is pretty good, especially the scene at the end where Brian's head explodes. Brian or Morris should have made an attempt to bottle the BD for profit as it was oozing on to the ground at the end, but I guess getting your brain a) sucked out or b) electrocuted forces you focus on other matters.
Reply #2. Posted on April 10, 1999, 11:27:54 AM by NetFrog Alpha
It's always fun to watch a horror movie with a message. Mr. Henenlotter (the director) conveyed a strong anti-drug statement in this strange little film. Still, it's always great to watch a movie where someone gets their brain sucked out of their mouth.
Reply #3. Posted on September 18, 2002, 02:12:47 PM by Phil
As a sidenote, Aylmer is voiced by none other than John Zacherle. Zacherle was an awesome 50s B-movie host (sort of like an early Elvira or MST3K) who was married to a slime mold and lived in an ancient castle. This is one of his very few film roles.
Reply #4. Posted on September 30, 1999, 10:54:42 PM by email@example.com
I have only scene the clips, but want to see the movie. I think Aylmer is played by Zacherly, a New York local host of horror films, he is semi retired but did a few special on WPIX channel 11 in New York before it was bought by Warner Bros. He has also put out several albums of cheesy music parodies, taken popular songs of the time and giving them a horror beat (ie Limbo Rock, became Limb from Limbo Rock)
Reply #5. Posted on October 25, 1999, 02:29:15 AM by firstname.lastname@example.org
Just wanted to say that I saw Brain Damage the day before yesterday, and it was hilarious! I Love it! It's just so f**king sick! Me and a cupple of friends are starting up "The Aylmer Society" and we're gonna make T-shirts and everything! Hooray for Aylmer!
Reply #6. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Ragdoll
This is not a very good movie, in fact, this was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I don't understand why everyone likes Alymer so much, I think he's all that great, I mean what's a Brit doing in the USA? How did he get there? What the hell? I just didn't get this movie, I guess I may have to watch it again.
Reply #7. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Macabre Matt
Released by Paramount, and directed by Frank Henenlotter of Basket Case & Frankenhooker fame. I love Elmer's voice, sort of reminds me of "Toxie", the guy's name is John Zacherle. Look out for 2 of the stars of Basket Case in cameos.
Reply #8. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM by Mike
I once lapsed back into consiousness for about 1 minute after being drunk on the sofa and the next day had this weird memory about a film on BRAVA that had a talking turd with an Oxbridge accent that went on a killing spree. I tried for a year and a half to find this movie and finally I caught it on the sci-fi channel!!!
|Pages:  2 3 |