|Copyright 1987 The Brain Damage Company.
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Brian - Young lad who becomes Aylmer's host, notice the close match in spelling to "brain" here. His head erupts at the end.
- Barbara - Brian's girlfriend, she ends up getting lonely and laying his brother. Aylmer eats her brains eventually.
- Mike - Brian's brother, he does very little for this movie.
- Morris and Martha - Old couple who were Aylmer's previous hosts, he leaves them for serving him only animal brains. Both get chomped.
- The Busty Blonde - Finds out that bulge in Brian's pants is really Aylmer.
- Aylmer - Parasite that eats brains and can inject his human hosts with a blue drug causing euphoria, ect... ...he looks like a dropping too. Mushed.
|Okay, this movie is fairly odd first of all and involves more male nudity than I'm comfortable with. It does have a silly plot and some great lines though, considering the subject content you shouldn't be surprised. Aylmer escapes from Morris and Martha after years of being forced to provide them with "Blue Drug" (hereafter BD) and eating only animal brains. He hooks up with Brian, who is very frightened at first but soon warms to the idea of carrying a parasite after getting high on BD. What he doesn't learn until later is Aylmer feeds during these blackouts, preying on anyone Brian may come in contact with. Even after learning his portable pusher's secret Brian is unable to break the addiction and fully caves in. Morris tracks down Aylmer and after a furious battle Aylmer, Morris, and Martha are all killed. During this Morris squeezes a HUGE amount of BD into Brian's brain (BB) and causes a cerebral meltdown. "Brain Damage" would have been many times better if it had avoided drawing scenes out, Aylmer was extremely amusing! He sings, wiggles, and eats brains while talking like some old gentlemen guy.|
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Parsley is the appropriate garnish for brains.
- Little, weird, parasitic, hallucinogenic, brain-eating thingies should not sound like a cultured idiot.
- Chicks love guys smashed on drugs and are not turned off by them passing out.
- Last thing I need to see is some guy shedding blood-stained whitie-tighties.
- Having a man's voice telling me "You need my juice" is the other last thing I need.
- Turd-shaped parasites should not wiggle and sing.
- Girls should never French kiss guys who harbor an Aylmer in their throat.
- Overdosing will cause light and electricity to erupt from your skull.
- 3 mins - This woman is cooing over a patch of raw brains...
- 11 mins - Blue water flooding the room? Run! The Tidy-Bowl monster!
- 22 mins - That little thing is boring through his skull to eat the brain?
- 29 mins - Spaghetti and brains huh? Now that's Italian!
- 34 mins - Now that girl is going to have back problems later in life.
- 54 mins - No, no, no, no, not a naked man in the shower, no, no! Arrrggghhhh!
- 61 mins - Sex scenes are supposed to show skin darn it, move your arm.
- 69 mins - Now it's living in his throat?
- Ending Credits - They misspelled it "E L M E R!" After specifically telling us it was "A Y L M E R!"
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Busty Blonde: "Feels like you got a real monster in there."
||Morris: "You fool! You're feeding him human brains, you're making him strong!"
||Brian: "Yeah but when it comes to blood in my underwear I wanna know how it got there!"
||Brian: "You sucked out her brains?" |
Aylmer: "Yeah, right through her mouth." Brian: "Is she dead?"
Aylmer: "Of course she's dead. What, are you kidding?"
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|Aylmer gets something to eat in the public restroom.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #9. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Jennifer
I just got the Special Edition DVD. I hadn't seen it in a few years and had forgotten what a charming little turd Aylmer is. I love the scene where sings "Aylmer's Tune."
I also like the smacking noises he makes when he's devouring
someone's freshly exposed brain. I MUST make a soundset for
my computer from this movie!
Reply #10. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Angela
I love this movie. I wached it three times this weekend. Seriously. The little men in the white coats tried to shut if off, but I wouldn't let them. I would really like a sound clip of when Brian first meets Aylmer - when he pops up and says "Hi" - anyone know where I can get it??????????????
Reply #11. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Jozef Dick
I rented this movie about a year ago and thought it was o.k. 2 weeks ago I found it used for $4.00!!! Now I love it. I watch it almost every day. It's an instant classic and is very original. I recommend it to everybody I know!
Reply #12. Posted on March 28, 2004, 04:34:43 PM by Ashleigh
Rick Herbst (Brian) is now playing Ric Lancing on General Hospital. Did he really start with horror films?! Wow.
Reply #13. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by yolkboy
Brain Damage is definitely Frank Henenlotter's crowning achievement, although "Basket Case", an earlier gem, is a must-see, also. The main character of "Basket Case", carrying his mutant telepathic amputated conjoined twin in a basket, actually meets Brian face to face in the subway scene of "Brain Damage" where both characters are pretty much at the worst of each's own unique situation. Madness staring back at madness. "Brain Damage" has long been my #1 favorite movie of any genre. It still is, but recently, "Shaun of the Dead" gave it a good run for it's money. Yes, there is far too much naked boy booty for my taste, and the drug message is there, but the creativity and originality of this movie are matched by no other. I thought the plot was excellent, too. Good angst and tragedy. I would give it a solid 4 1/2 stars, or droplets if you will!
Reply #14. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Someone
I liked this movie a lot. Those old horror movies are best that the new ones (In the old ones the end is not everybody happy, that's the best part, they always end wrong)
Reply #15. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Cambot99
I have to say, that is one parasite ya have to watch out for. I saw this movie at a young age, when I first saw Aylmer I'm like "What the heck is that thing". Everytime I watch this movie, I get as hungry as Aylmer.
|Re: Brain Damage
Posted on February 15, 2007, 02:43:57 PM by sammyblot
geez .. i've not seen this film for years!!!! ... but i do remember watching it lots and loving it!! ... now i gots to go lookie for it!!! .. im quite sure my hubby will be extremely impressed with it!! ... hahahhahaa
|Pages: 1  3 |