|Copyright 1993 Pacific Trust
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Doc - Alcoholic ex-doctor, now night watchman for a construction project. Shot to death by the military.
- Thrush - Blonde girl and part of a Greenpeace-like organization trying to stop construction. Also killed by the military.
- Dr. Tiptree - Genetic scientist who wishes to resurrect the dinosaurs. Dies giving live birth to a dinosaur.
- Sheriff Fowler - Only man that wears a cowboy hat in the movie, get's a claw through his gut.
- Fallon - Heads the government's "Secret Projects" branch.
- Jesse - Manager of the poultry plant Dr. Tiptree is working at, she feeds him to the momma dinosaur.
- The Carnosaurs - Dinosaurs created from chickens by genetic engineering who can infect women, making them give birth to more Carnosaurs.
|The world's leading expert in biological warfare working for a poultry company? Does this sound like Perdue meets Saddam Hussein to you? Roger Corman, bringing funky bad movies to the screen before I was even an egg, scores again! Doc is doing a poor job of night security for a construction company and falls in love with Thrush, who is one of the eco-vandals! Their torrid love affair is disrupted by the plague Tiptree has bred into chicken eggs, she wants to repopulate the earth with dinosaurs and has created a virus to do it. Okay all done with the giggles? Good. Women infected give birth to dinosaurs! Right back to giggles... ...well, once you get composed. Along with scenes of puppet dinosaurs eating people there is this spooky footage of chickens, ever watch chickens feeding in low light - eerie. Doc is all set to save the day after locating a serum and killing mama dinosaur when the military arrives. Everybody gets a bullet then flamethrowers come into action, burning up Doc, Thrush, and the serum. Plenty of fun stuff in a movie when dinosaurs bite the legs off Barbie Dolls (I think it was a Barbie leg) and some funny plot goofs. |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Secret government agencies can never afford decent lighting.
- A room full of monitors covering chickens is really spooky... ...no man, I mean it...
- People allergic to chickens work at poultry farms.
- Constant subtitles telling you location, time, infected cells, ect... are very annoying.
- Do not feed a Senator blueberries coated in goat embryonic fluid.
- Chaining yourself to heavy equipment when dinosaurs are around is a bad idea.
- A military containment team will shoot all plague victims then photograph them.
- Genetically engineered Carnosaurs have a 65 million year-old race memory?
- Never stand directly over a wounded Carnosaur.
- If you are going to duel a Dinosaur use the very large construction equipment vice the very small Bobcat tractor.
- 10 mins - The only item on this table is two cans of coke? Um, well, who sponsored this again?
- 11 mins - He turns his head to sneeze directly on the other guy?
- 12 mins - There is no way that egg came out of a chicken.
- 43 mins - This is a girl being pulled by the Carnosaur, but for about four frames you can see it's a hand pulling her foot. Also, where did all the blood on her face go?
- 52 mins - You know... ...if I found chicken eggs full of black sludge I'd be worried.
- 58 mins - What do you mean she's in labor? Wait, now she's dead! And she gave birth to an egg!
- 66 mins - Enough of the mad scientist's 20-minute soliloquy, shoot her ass.
- 71 mins - What is this? In case of virus break glass?
- Fallon: "It's all done with a little scientific magic. You see, each little blueberry is coated with a thin layer of goat embryonic fluid.
Senator: *Spitting sounds*
Fallon: Get the Senator some water!"
- Waitress: "You been watching too many of them Italian zombie flicks."
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Security Guard: "Any extraneous organic matter, what the hell is extraneous organic matter?" |
Other Security Guard: "That's my wife you're talking about, strangely orgasmic matter."
||Poultry Plant Employee: "I've never seen such nervous chickens."
||Fallon: "There's nothing new in either a turnip or a cow, and either can be marketed and sold without being tested. So why should a few cows with a little tiny piece of DNA material from a turnip be any different?"
||Fallon's Assistant: "Well, either that or the animal that attacked him...was a chicken."
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|I strongly urge you to watch this jaw-dropping scene. Not only can you see the man's hand who is pulling the girl's leg, but then you get to watch the amazing disappearing blood on her face.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #1. Posted on January 28, 2000, 11:45:51 AM by Paul H. (email@example.com)
The Carnosaur series is the Best three bad movies of all time. (not counting The evil dead or The night of the living dead series as they are not true cheap and bad movies).
I love the mad scientist (I happen to be one myself; 12 years of college can make anyone insane), and the none happy ending. 7.5 out of 10 (4 green globs) One point behind carnosaur 2 because those chickens at the begining freaked me out.
Reply #2. Posted on May 03, 2000, 10:02:54 AM by firstname.lastname@example.org
I loved this movie. And the two sequels. Eat that, Jurassic Park. And I highly recommend you guys check out the book by Harry Adam Knight. It has absolutely nothing to do with the movie other than the name, but it came first and as did the movie version, the book also kicks Jurassic Park's ass. You'll never find it in B Dalton, though. You'll either have to order it, or as I did, just stumble across a copy in a discount book warehouse.
Reply #3. Posted on June 03, 2000, 02:45:05 PM by
What a great movie! Great acting, Great story, and fun FX. The only movie I have seen that beats this epic dinosaur tour de fource is its sequel, Carnosaur 2. Part 3 is also pretty good, but it can't compete with the first two films which are easily the two best movies, never mind dinosaur movies, ever made!!!!! Long live Carnosaur!!!!!!
Reply #4. Posted on June 06, 2000, 08:23:09 AM by Daniel DiCenso
Dear God! I remember seeing this flick on cable. The sheer
illogic of the virus and how the dinos are created would make a Vulcan scream and rant.
Otherwise decent cheesy movie, but the illogic about that virus...
Reply #5. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Chris Nott
As a true fan of the lovely Jennifer Runyon, it saddens me
that she was reduced from her greatness as
"Peter Venkman's Psychic Test Hottie" in the wonderful GHOSTBUSTERS (1984) to acting in the "suary" (heh heh) Piece of Krap known as CARNOSAUR (1993).
Sadly, this was her last (that I know of) film role. Anyone who knows where she is now, please drop me a line! Won't rest until I find her!
Reply #6. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Deena
This movie was out of control. The dinosaurs were hilarious! I think my nephew plays with the same kind that that used in the movie. And when the dinosaur comes up to the hippie and he says "Peace green brother" and then the dinosaur eats him, that's classic.
Reply #7. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Mario Givens
I saw this one when i was 6, so i don't remember much. Everytime i see that Raptor eating that womans foot it weirds me out. I have seen the 2nd and 3rd Carnosaur films lately. I thought they were good B-list movies. The Tyrannosaurs are good in all the movies, even though their stance is wrong, but they are under used. If anyone would like to talk to me about any of these movies, feel free to email me.
Reply #8. Posted on September 19, 2005, 07:42:22 PM by Slayed by BUFFY
The only thing I can ever remember about this movie was that there was a preview of the first unreleased Fantastic Four movie on the VHS version.
|Pages:  2 3 4 |