|Copyright 1993 Pacific Trust
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Doc - Alcoholic ex-doctor, now night watchman for a construction project. Shot to death by the military.
- Thrush - Blonde girl and part of a Greenpeace-like organization trying to stop construction. Also killed by the military.
- Dr. Tiptree - Genetic scientist who wishes to resurrect the dinosaurs. Dies giving live birth to a dinosaur.
- Sheriff Fowler - Only man that wears a cowboy hat in the movie, get's a claw through his gut.
- Fallon - Heads the government's "Secret Projects" branch.
- Jesse - Manager of the poultry plant Dr. Tiptree is working at, she feeds him to the momma dinosaur.
- The Carnosaurs - Dinosaurs created from chickens by genetic engineering who can infect women, making them give birth to more Carnosaurs.
|The world's leading expert in biological warfare working for a poultry company? Does this sound like Perdue meets Saddam Hussein to you? Roger Corman, bringing funky bad movies to the screen before I was even an egg, scores again! Doc is doing a poor job of night security for a construction company and falls in love with Thrush, who is one of the eco-vandals! Their torrid love affair is disrupted by the plague Tiptree has bred into chicken eggs, she wants to repopulate the earth with dinosaurs and has created a virus to do it. Okay all done with the giggles? Good. Women infected give birth to dinosaurs! Right back to giggles... ...well, once you get composed. Along with scenes of puppet dinosaurs eating people there is this spooky footage of chickens, ever watch chickens feeding in low light - eerie. Doc is all set to save the day after locating a serum and killing mama dinosaur when the military arrives. Everybody gets a bullet then flamethrowers come into action, burning up Doc, Thrush, and the serum. Plenty of fun stuff in a movie when dinosaurs bite the legs off Barbie Dolls (I think it was a Barbie leg) and some funny plot goofs. |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Secret government agencies can never afford decent lighting.
- A room full of monitors covering chickens is really spooky... ...no man, I mean it...
- People allergic to chickens work at poultry farms.
- Constant subtitles telling you location, time, infected cells, ect... are very annoying.
- Do not feed a Senator blueberries coated in goat embryonic fluid.
- Chaining yourself to heavy equipment when dinosaurs are around is a bad idea.
- A military containment team will shoot all plague victims then photograph them.
- Genetically engineered Carnosaurs have a 65 million year-old race memory?
- Never stand directly over a wounded Carnosaur.
- If you are going to duel a Dinosaur use the very large construction equipment vice the very small Bobcat tractor.
- 10 mins - The only item on this table is two cans of coke? Um, well, who sponsored this again?
- 11 mins - He turns his head to sneeze directly on the other guy?
- 12 mins - There is no way that egg came out of a chicken.
- 43 mins - This is a girl being pulled by the Carnosaur, but for about four frames you can see it's a hand pulling her foot. Also, where did all the blood on her face go?
- 52 mins - You know... ...if I found chicken eggs full of black sludge I'd be worried.
- 58 mins - What do you mean she's in labor? Wait, now she's dead! And she gave birth to an egg!
- 66 mins - Enough of the mad scientist's 20-minute soliloquy, shoot her ass.
- 71 mins - What is this? In case of virus break glass?
- Fallon: "It's all done with a little scientific magic. You see, each little blueberry is coated with a thin layer of goat embryonic fluid.
Senator: *Spitting sounds*
Fallon: Get the Senator some water!"
- Waitress: "You been watching too many of them Italian zombie flicks."
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Security Guard: "Any extraneous organic matter, what the hell is extraneous organic matter?" |
Other Security Guard: "That's my wife you're talking about, strangely orgasmic matter."
||Poultry Plant Employee: "I've never seen such nervous chickens."
||Fallon: "There's nothing new in either a turnip or a cow, and either can be marketed and sold without being tested. So why should a few cows with a little tiny piece of DNA material from a turnip be any different?"
||Fallon's Assistant: "Well, either that or the animal that attacked him...was a chicken."
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|I strongly urge you to watch this jaw-dropping scene. Not only can you see the man's hand who is pulling the girl's leg, but then you get to watch the amazing disappearing blood on her face.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #17. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by MARLON THE MONSTER
I have seen some stupid movie scenes in my life. But this one takes the whole friggin cake.A woman gets her leg torn off by a raptor and then she stops screaming and watches as the thing uses it for a tooth pick. I can't say anymore.A very terrible movie.
Reply #18. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Maribel
I love carnosaur and carnosaur 2, they are great and fantastic except part 3, it's crappy. they wanted the dinos alive "What were they thinking" trying to get themselves killed with them on the loose. What should've been better about this is that they should've broughten the kid Jesse from part 2 back so he could kill more dinos like he killed the big one near the end. I suggest it the third should be skipped and watch the other two instead. I can't wait to get them on dvd.
Reply #19. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM by JImi
THIS MOVIE WAS BORING
The sequels were actually good though
only- this one and number 2 end the same way- wtf?
NOT WORTH A STAR
Reply #20. Posted on September 02, 2004, 10:47:56 AM by Magma Dragoon
This is one of the worst movies that I have watched!
Reply #21. Posted on September 28, 2005, 09:23:05 PM by Phil
What idiot would release this movie, the girl is screaming then the CARNOSAUR rips off her leg and she stops screaming?!
Reply #22. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by V Ollie
I must admit I thought that Carnosaur was an absolutely horrible movie. I saw it on HBO I think. Then the funny part came when I was offered an extra role in #3. It was worse. Needless to say I don't put Carnosaur 3 on my resume.
Reply #23. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Jack Corbett
Ha ha ha, that movie clip brings back memories... Anyway, since I haven't seen this movie for about eight years, I can't really review it. But I still have fond memories of sitting down and watching this. I can remember the entire T-Rex scene at the end, abeit vaguely, and also watching Jurassic Park for the fiftieth time around the same time... Maybe it was this and Jurassic Park that inspired my Lego movie extravaganza Dinosaur Carnage.
Anyway, you want something entertaining to pass away a saturdary night? Look no further than Carnosaur.
By the way, lastbreath (No offence), Carnosaur 1 came out at the movies in 1993.
Reply #24. Posted on November 27, 2005, 03:16:21 PM by IT
This is the worst crap that I ever scene.The dinosaur effects are retarded.I GIVE IT NO STARS AVOID AT ALL COST.
|Pages: 1 2  4 |