|Copyright 1993 Pacific Trust
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Doc - Alcoholic ex-doctor, now night watchman for a construction project. Shot to death by the military.
- Thrush - Blonde girl and part of a Greenpeace-like organization trying to stop construction. Also killed by the military.
- Dr. Tiptree - Genetic scientist who wishes to resurrect the dinosaurs. Dies giving live birth to a dinosaur.
- Sheriff Fowler - Only man that wears a cowboy hat in the movie, get's a claw through his gut.
- Fallon - Heads the government's "Secret Projects" branch.
- Jesse - Manager of the poultry plant Dr. Tiptree is working at, she feeds him to the momma dinosaur.
- The Carnosaurs - Dinosaurs created from chickens by genetic engineering who can infect women, making them give birth to more Carnosaurs.
|The world's leading expert in biological warfare working for a poultry company? Does this sound like Perdue meets Saddam Hussein to you? Roger Corman, bringing funky bad movies to the screen before I was even an egg, scores again! Doc is doing a poor job of night security for a construction company and falls in love with Thrush, who is one of the eco-vandals! Their torrid love affair is disrupted by the plague Tiptree has bred into chicken eggs, she wants to repopulate the earth with dinosaurs and has created a virus to do it. Okay all done with the giggles? Good. Women infected give birth to dinosaurs! Right back to giggles... ...well, once you get composed. Along with scenes of puppet dinosaurs eating people there is this spooky footage of chickens, ever watch chickens feeding in low light - eerie. Doc is all set to save the day after locating a serum and killing mama dinosaur when the military arrives. Everybody gets a bullet then flamethrowers come into action, burning up Doc, Thrush, and the serum. Plenty of fun stuff in a movie when dinosaurs bite the legs off Barbie Dolls (I think it was a Barbie leg) and some funny plot goofs. |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Secret government agencies can never afford decent lighting.
- A room full of monitors covering chickens is really spooky... ...no man, I mean it...
- People allergic to chickens work at poultry farms.
- Constant subtitles telling you location, time, infected cells, ect... are very annoying.
- Do not feed a Senator blueberries coated in goat embryonic fluid.
- Chaining yourself to heavy equipment when dinosaurs are around is a bad idea.
- A military containment team will shoot all plague victims then photograph them.
- Genetically engineered Carnosaurs have a 65 million year-old race memory?
- Never stand directly over a wounded Carnosaur.
- If you are going to duel a Dinosaur use the very large construction equipment vice the very small Bobcat tractor.
- 10 mins - The only item on this table is two cans of coke? Um, well, who sponsored this again?
- 11 mins - He turns his head to sneeze directly on the other guy?
- 12 mins - There is no way that egg came out of a chicken.
- 43 mins - This is a girl being pulled by the Carnosaur, but for about four frames you can see it's a hand pulling her foot. Also, where did all the blood on her face go?
- 52 mins - You know... ...if I found chicken eggs full of black sludge I'd be worried.
- 58 mins - What do you mean she's in labor? Wait, now she's dead! And she gave birth to an egg!
- 66 mins - Enough of the mad scientist's 20-minute soliloquy, shoot her ass.
- 71 mins - What is this? In case of virus break glass?
- Fallon: "It's all done with a little scientific magic. You see, each little blueberry is coated with a thin layer of goat embryonic fluid.
Senator: *Spitting sounds*
Fallon: Get the Senator some water!"
- Waitress: "You been watching too many of them Italian zombie flicks."
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Security Guard: "Any extraneous organic matter, what the hell is extraneous organic matter?" |
Other Security Guard: "That's my wife you're talking about, strangely orgasmic matter."
||Poultry Plant Employee: "I've never seen such nervous chickens."
||Fallon: "There's nothing new in either a turnip or a cow, and either can be marketed and sold without being tested. So why should a few cows with a little tiny piece of DNA material from a turnip be any different?"
||Fallon's Assistant: "Well, either that or the animal that attacked him...was a chicken."
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|I strongly urge you to watch this jaw-dropping scene. Not only can you see the man's hand who is pulling the girl's leg, but then you get to watch the amazing disappearing blood on her face.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #9. Posted on March 17, 2002, 10:37:05 PM by Ezkexis
Phat... I watched Carnosaur for the first time when I was 8 years old and by those times I thought it was cool but EVERYTHING sux in the movie, the specia deffects, the plot etc... but it has sentimental value... at least it was better than JP3
Reply #10. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Slips
If anyone is interested in seeing THE WORST movie ever this has to be it. No words can TRULY define the craptastic movie which is Carnosaur. What makes it even worse is that it was made the same year as Jurassic Park, but the FX are about as good as a 1930's movie. I mean, straight PUPPETS killing people, women giving birth to dinosaurs, remote controlled Tyco trucks vs the remote controlled T-Rex, and the list goes on.
This is the #1 worst movie I have ever seen, followed by Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, but Carnosaur beats those movies BY FAR on how horrible it is.
Reply #11. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Candy
I thought the movie would be good, but it sucked. It had horrible effects, and I DID see the hand pulling the girls leg. Did any of you catch that? Did any of you catch the "disappearing act of the blood on her face"? I did. Its so stupid.
Reply #12. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by PL
This really is a piece of crap. It's funny, cheesy, but Diane Ladd is really freaky...anyways, this is a lame movie just the way I like them on a cheese fest night with my friends!
Reply #13. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by I luv dolma
These dinos kick ass! Carnosaur goes down in my book as the creepest and most darkest dinosaur movie ever! Some people say the special effects suck but I don't care. That little green raptor alone kicks so much ass. It looked so awesome when it takes down those teenages in the jeep and those chained green-peace guys. But the big Rex looked a little too fake in some shots of the film. You can easily of told when it was a toy and when it was a life size model. This is definetly a cult classic. With plenty of laughs, gore, language, and just plain stupid fun! And I watch the trilogy(that I own on DVD) all the time.
Reply #14. Posted on February 01, 2003, 06:36:43 PM by -Sakura-
I saw the movie RAPTOR, and for the love of god, they took some of the parts from THIS movie and from Carnosaur 3 into Raptor. Its a total rip off..I should not have rented it..*twitches right eye*...arrgh..gah.....
Reply #15. Posted on February 10, 2003, 04:29:19 PM by Roberto F. Moreno Jr.
Althought itīs not a good movie at all, it really made me have a lot of fun! Itīs much better than any other dinosaur movie. In this movie, the special efects are not good, but the blood scenes and the horror that Roger Corman was able to make us feel are the main funny thing! Watch this and enjoy. Watch Carnosaur 2 too, witch is even better than this one!
Reply #16. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by bob
I have seen carnosaurs 1,2 and 3 when i was like 9 years old. Then i rented them again when i was a little older and realized that they are cheesy. But I think the dinos in the carnosaur movies are scarier than those of jurassic park. even though they are rubber they were still scary. but what I can't figure out is why they didn't use the t-rex more in the movies. And the deaths of the t-rex's in 1 and 2 were the exact same pretty much. they even took parts from part 1 and put them into part 2 and that really ticked me off. I don't understand why they would do that when they have a big t-rex already and that they could just film it's feat and crap. When I saw the dates the movies were made 1993, 1994, etc. they were made right after each other which shows they didnt put much effort into making the sequels.
|Pages: 1  3 4 |