|CITY OF THE WALKING DEAD
|Copyright 1994 Raven Video
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Steve Miller - A journalist; why don't these guys ever get killed?
- Anna - Steve Miller's wife. A doctor.
- Major Warren Holmes - Officer in the Civil Defense Force. Appears to have head-in-butt disease.
- Shelia - Major Holmes' wife. An artist, she gets to be a zombie artist...
- General Murchison - Commander of the Civil Defense Corps.
- The Walking Dead - Zombies created by a nuclear accident that must drink blood to survive.
|Not only is this movie crap, it's dubbed crap. There are one or two well done death scenes but the basic saving grace here is some female nudity and there's darn little of that. Zombies created by radioactivity (I have no idea how either) begin taking over some city full of people I don't really care about. At least the movie is interesting in that the zombies move quickly and use weapons, heck they're more intelligent than the humans as well. Although informed by superiors to shoot living dead through the brain we see very little implementation, soldiers spray bullets ineffectively into swarms of advancing zombies. And who lives through this entire mess? Not the soldiers or police - it's a damn reporter and his wife, the two least armed people! Further horror is garnered from the fact that we find the entire movie was just a dream but it begins coming true! |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Half-mutated nuclear zombies are better shots than military police.
- Slit throats do not bleed much. Heck, at all.
- TV shows involving badly dancing girls in blue suits are catching on in Europe.
- TV sets are explosive and will set you on fire.
- Machine gun bullets will not stop zombies or even knock them back.
- Beauty marks can be in the wrong place - yuck!
- Doctors are experts at throwing scalpels.
- Nothing gets a girl hot like smacking the shit out of her.
- A single molotov cocktail will totally incinerate a huge area.
- One journalist can cause more damage than your average Civil Defense Force.
- 9 mins - Why is he pretending to stab with the very fake knife?
- 20 mins - The knife didn't look like it went in her? We're gonna get a sharper knife right? We've gotta have a sharper knife...
- 33 mins - Soldier arrives 30 seconds after the phone stops ringing since they didn't answer?
- 46 mins - Zombie boy was just drinking blood from her neck but there's no puncture...
- 55 mins - Neither is alarmed that a speargun is pointing at them?
- 70 mins - This military helicopter is just circling the zombies? Somebody shoot at them, please?
- 73 mins - Where did she come up with the logic that nuclear zombies can't enter churches?
- 80 mins - (to the zombie actor in brown) Annnnddddd... ...action!
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Sound Guy: "Whatever you says master, your wish is my command."
||Anna: "Well, how are you feeling today Phil?" |
Patient: "Horrible, I feel like somebody who is waiting for the hatchet guy to chop off his head doctor."
Anna: "Well now, that sounds like an improvement over yesterday."
||Anna: "Another advantage of civilization my dear, like Coca-Cola or nuclear energy."
||Some Officer: "You mean that only bullets damaging the cranium can stop these, these monsters?"
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|The energetic zombies burst into this TV studio and make a statement for good taste by killing all the silly women in leotards.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |