|THE CRAWLING EYE
|Copyright 1958 Tempean Productions Limited
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Allen Brooks - A United Nations scientist, he has encountered the aliens before in the Andes.
- Anne - Very pretty girl, she is a telepath and the Crawling Eyes make every attempt to kill her.
- Sarah - Anne's sister, and that's about all she does.
- Philip - Reporter who knows of the incident in the Andes, looking for a story.
- Professor Crevett - Goofy little guy who is studying cosmic rays.
- Brett and Dewhurst - Two climbers, both are killed... ...Brett is controlled as a zombie by the aliens for a while.
- The Crawling Eyes - Aliens which are radioactive, telepathic, and live in extreme cold.
|This film had a couple of things going for it, not least of which was that Anne is really attractive. Unfortunately they made this movie in 1958 so she dresses like June Cleaver. Pretty funny at times in a "look, this is serious" way, I wish it hadn't been so boring at others. Massive amounts of drinking going on too, everything that happens requires a drink. Brett how about a drink before you climb the mountain? Better take a bottle of brandy with you for the climb. Back from the mountain Brett, how about a drink? I'm thinking about visiting Switzerland now. Allen and the girls end up in Trollenberg for different reasons and soon find nefarious things are happening. There is a radioactive cloud which never moves on the mountain's slope and climbers are disappearing and while Allen has seen this before he isn't doing much better the second time around. Anne is constantly endangered by the monsters, through a compulsion to climb the mountain or by zombies sent to kill her. The humans are forced into the safety of the observatory when Crawling Eyes descend on the town. By using molotov cocktails and a napalm bombing the aliens are defeated. |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Mountains cause girls to faint.
- Men shouldn't offer other men help with unpacking.
- Villagers have something to say about everything.
- Clouds that are stationary and radioactive are bad news.
- Forboding music does not belong in a scene involving empty beds.
- Do not open a rucksack that is just lying around on a mountainside, odds are there's a head in it.
- Zombies created by freezing aliens melt away when killed.
- Never leave the darn kid's toy behind, you know not to leave the darn toy behind, of course the kid will run back to get it.
- The British Airforce hates clouds.
- 2 mins - Hey, who threw a man-sized stuffed doll off the mountain? Also notice that he says "No!" quite clearly despite the fact that his head is supposed to be torn off by now. (you can't see his head in the scene)
- 7 mins - Mommy, why is the background a picture?
- 8 mins - The scenery in the car's window is bouncing around like crazy!
- 17 mins - Hmmm, metal door sounded more like a wooden one being slammed shut.
- 22 mins - That's a darn good zoom lens for a 50's era video camera.
- 47 mins - Pickaxe fight!
- 66 mins - Um, that's the alien thing?
- 81 mins - Awesome model work there, that looks just like a real alien climbing a real mountainside...
- 83 mins - Sure Philip take her outside for a breath of fresh air, ever stop to think there are giant rotting eye-things out there and napalm all over the slope? Moron.
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Climber1: "You idiot we nearly had him, why did you let him go?" |
Climber2: "Didn't you see?"
Climber1: "What are you talking about?"
Climber2: "His head, it was torn off!"
||Crevett: "How many more times do I tell you I am not to be interrupted?" |
Assistant: "I'm sorry sir but there's someone outside to see you."
Crevett: "I don't care, tell them to go away!"
||Assistant1: "Professor I thought I had better contact you, that cloud has started moving. Yes, it's variation is about six degrees." |
Assistant2: "Radioactivity increasing!"
Assistant1: "The radioactivity is increasing too sir!"
||A Crawling Eye screaming in pain.
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|Who threw a stuffed doll off the mountain? I love how the man (who is supposed to be missing his head) says, "No!" Hehehe!
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |