|Copyright 1993 Anglo-American/Films International.
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Casella - Angelina Jolie! Female cyborg injected with "Glass Shadow" who falls in love with Colt.
- Colt - Casella's trainer who falls in love with her, lives to be a very old man.
- Mercy - Jack Palance! Warrior poet and cyborg, he once commanded a fleet before the world went to hell. (Believe it, or not!) Detonates and destroys the Pinwheel headquarters.
- Bobby Lin - Asian fight promoter at the shipyards and a vampire. (?)
- The Cyborg Dog - Mercy's operative, but why doesn't it talk? Any reason a cyborg dog wouldn't talk?
- Chen - Female cyborg who does all of Dun's dirty work, electrocuted.
- Daniel Bench - Bounty hunter with a streak of vanity miles across, Colt stuffs his face into a spinning propeller.
- Dun - Pinwheel executive, only about ten feet from Mercy when the cyborg explodes.
|He might not be the main character in the film, but Jack Palance is certainly the reason to watch it. "Glass Shadow" is the code name for a new explosive, the substance is injected into a cyborg and then detonated when it reaches the desired point. (Corporate headquarters of Pinwheel's competitors in this case.) Too bad they didn't keep it a secret from Mercy, with his help Casella and Colt are able to escape the complex. One amazing incident stands out, she hits a security guard with a thrown weapon and he falls over backwards. Doesn't sound very helpful does it? Well it is when he accidentally manages to pull the trigger on his own weapon and gun down every other security guard in sight. (I'm not kidding.) Let's not forget that Mercy can use any monitor or television set as a conduit, even one which is sitting on a junk pile and probably not plugged in. We spend about half the movie watching our protagonists dodge Mr. Bench and Chen before finally arriving at a defunct shipyard. This is where Mercy is hiding out, who would look for him on the bridge of a ship he once commanded? (Roll eyes here.) When the Pinwheel goons do show up it looks like the end for Casella and Colt, until Mercy starts firing grenades in addition to witty comments. The two lovers escape, the cyborg is taken in chains to Pinwheel headquarters, and Colt dies of old age. All of it set to Jack Palance's narration and touching new age music. |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Jack Palance likes to go cyber-peeping.
- Elevators have secret trapdoors in the floor, these are only covered by thin wood paneling.
- Women go crosseyed just before they explode.
- Ancient (Over a hundred years old.) pickup trucks are lying all over the place in the future.
- Candy corn is a powerful drug.
- Abandoned museums will still contain their exhibits.
- It's pretty difficult to convince a mass produced cyborg that she is special.
- Never take cover from gunfire behind a glass display case.
- Romeo and Juliet were cyborgs.
- Avoid kickboxing matches if you have just undergone plastic surgery.
- 3 mins - Are they building a cyborg or making a strawberry shake?
- 5 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 13 mins - Why did they put the computer interface on her hip?
- 23 mins - This director must love "Star Wars."
- 30 mins - I can understand him hacking a computer terminal, but an old TV?
- 35 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 41 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A WINDOW!
- 46 mins - He left quite a smear...
- 64 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST A DINING ROOM!
- 72 mins - Didn't the camera/dart thing hit him in the other eye?
- 75 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Dunn talking about "Glass Shadow."
||Chen: "You've been a naughty girl." |
Casella: "It's in my program."
||Colt: "Forget it, I'm not putting my ass through a blender so you can place some bets." |
Mercy: "Easy Colt .45, remember the difference between champ and chump...is 'U'."
||Mercy: "Cyborg love, just like Romeo and Juliet!"
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|This scene is a jaw dropper; I still cannot get over it. Check this out, she gymnastics her way down the hall, then chucks a weapon at one guard. When the guard is hit he falls over backwards and shoots all his buddies.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #9. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by cass
this is a terrfic b grade film, it has everything that you have come to expect from this genre. I watched this when it first came out and did'nt know who angelina jolie was but new that she was going to be big.
Reply #10. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by VanDammeOwnsYou
Yeah I really don't see the big appeal of this film. I loved part one because I love Van Damme and the sweet fight scenes and boot knife. This filmed just took some film footage from part one which wasnt even viewed by the cyborg so why was it in Cyborg 2 in Angelina's memory banks? and called itself Cyborg 2 so people who loved the incredible part one would get sucked in hoping it was connected to 1. This movie is just not making it with me when all I can think about is Jean Claude spin kicking a guy's throat with a boot knife!!! Seriously folks go watch Death Warrant and then follow it up with the only true Cyborg movie...Cyborg 1 Starring the incredible Jean Claude Van Damme!!!
Reply #11. Posted on January 31, 2005, 02:48:52 PM by Cal Smith
Why did they have to make a sequal. But I have to admit it was smart of them to use Angelina Jolie in the movie.
Reply #12. Posted on May 23, 2005, 02:28:35 PM by Chris Conigliaro
Does anyone know the name of the tune (acoustic guitar and strings) playing during the love scene?
Reply #13. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Mir
This was Angelina's second film (at the age of 18). My brother rented it all those years ago, and me, with my admiration of ass-kicking women, watched it too. Needless to say, I've been a fan ever since.
Fun fact: Angelina is extremely ashamed of this one. As soon as it made its stunning debut on video, she hid her face under a pillow whilst her brother watched it and tried to offer her words of solace.
Angelina nearly vowed to stop acting altogether, but gave it another go in Without Evidence (1995).
Reply #14. Posted on November 04, 2005, 09:32:43 AM by Angelina
Where are all the random gratuitous breast shots. The reason I scrolled down the page is I thought you would have posted them. What a rip.
Reply #15. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by shuvcat
I was compelled to buy this piece of shhhh...urely quality programming after seeing it on Sci-Fi one morning. I'd been curious about it for a while (how can you NOT want to rent a movie that has a robotic Jack Palance on the video box?? Ohhh how I wish they'd actually shown a Cyborg Jack, doing one-armed bionic pushups.....)
This is a fun, stupid movie. Ol' Jack, creepy-but-weirdly-attractive Billy Drago, even Angie Jolie proves she could once act before she had the plastic surgery. Even a halfway happy ending. Awwwww.
Reply #16. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Zack
You forgot the best (I'm kidding of course) line in the movie by Jack Palance
"If you're gonna dine with the devil, you're gonna need a loooooong spoon"
egh...it still hurts
|Pages: 1  3 |