|Copyright 1990 Demon Wind Productions Limited
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Corey - A young man looking for the farm where his family was killed years ago.
- Elaine - Corey's girlfriend, she wears panties with a red heart sewn over the left buttock.
- Dell - Muscular, blonde, dumb guy who apparently owns Terri.
- Terri - Dell's girlfriend, a huge step back for women's rights.
- Jack - The token nerd with no combat abilites at all, he's the last to die of course.
- Bonnie - Girls do find nerds attractive, really.
- Chuck - Terri's old boyfriend who is a martial arts master, champion hackeysack player, and magician.
- Styx - The other magician, tends to talk with his eyes closed.
- Willie and Renee - Fodder.
|Special effects that look like they were drawn on the film with a crayon along with masses of demonic nonsense, drop a cast into this including some dude wearing a magician outfit and you're all set. Even though it makes me thump my noggin I like the "kick the can" scene and when Corey suddenly turns into a bald elf! When the cast begins to thin out a carload of other people, who we had no idea were showing up, arrive. Look for the hologram box folks (yep, hologram cover) next time at the video store. |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Dropping a snowglobe on the floor will cause your house to explode.
- Human skeletons naturally remain intact even when hanging from a cross.
- Speaking Latin causes earthquakes.
- Having Satan in the area is worse on car batteries than leaving your lights on all night.
- When trapped in an otherworldly house, in the middle of the night, with a half naked demonic woman calling you - for pete's sake don't go outside.
- Multiple gunshots will not wake your friends up.
- When you start running low on friends the others, that you totally forgot about, will show up.
- Shotguns hold about, oh twenty rounds. Pistols at least a dozen.
- Possessed people continously spit up pancake batter.
- 10 mins - Why is this girl pointing a stick at the car?
- 12 mins - Corey is dreaming about talking to his dead grandmother, in the middle of the night, while he's naked at a gas station... ...oh to hear Freud's spin on this.
- 21 mins - Corey says, "Oh yeah." but his mouth never moves.
- 30 mins - Okay, everyone walk this way offscreen but don't look at the camera. I said don't look at the camera damn it!
- 81 mins - Where the heck did Bonnie come from and why is that thing chowing on her?
- 84 mins - Holy cow! Corey turned into a bald elf!
- 92 mins - Hello? Sound guy, could we get some sound in here?
- Ending Credits - I can't read them, at all. Must've been the sound guy's brother.
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Waitress: "We have beer, Coke, water and goat's milk."
||Elaine: "His thing's about this big."
||Dell: "Skinny little chickenshit, I'll shove that Karate crap up your ass!" |
Chuck: "Be my guest."
||Dell: "Crazy! All of you! You're all crazy!"
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|At first we think that the demon might eat Corey and Elaine, but then the special effects man steps in. That is, if you feel comfortable calling these effects "special."
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #9. Posted on April 26, 2002, 07:23:05 PM by Dreaveli
This has got to be one of my favourite horror movies, one of the most underrated too. This movie scared the living s**t out of me as a kid, and that was pretty hard to do, considering I watched pretty much every other horror movie. What made this movie good was the plot, and the scenes. Sure, the acting was horrid, the sound was crap, the special effects were worse than Ghostbusters almost 6 years after it, but this film had a cool storyline. I almost died when I saw the Satan skeleton hanging in the barn.... as a kid I would be afraid when I was sent to my room, because I always thought if I turned around it would be there. Anyways, cool film, dont rate it too hard. This would make a good remake.
Reply #10. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Tim Andrade
This movie kicked ass!I don't know what scared me more, the Demons monsters or the 80's style clothing, big hair and makeup.If you didnt like it chances are your from the nitendo generation and you never had to develop any kind of a real imagination. I wish that movies were still made as scary as this one.im
Reply #11. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by StuartG
Ok, so it's kind of an odd merging of 'The Evil Dead' and 'Night of the Living Dead', but this is one of the more entertaining late-eighties, low-budget horror films around. Did it really cost only around $300,000? If so, it looks pretty good for that amount of money. I liked the air of forboding in the first half (helped immensely by the ominous music), and there were a few interesting touches, such as the egg that cracks open to reveal a writhing mass of maggots.
The girl on the windy plain pointing the stick at the van is also a striking image that has stayed with me. Of course she isn't exactly human and the stick is an occult means to gain knowledge which she immediately imparts to the corrupt forces in the earth (implied by her pointing the end of the stick down at the rotted cow's skull with the worms on top). I would have liked to have seen more of her.
I wasn't as thrilled with the second half of the movie, which became more or less a standard zombie flick. And, yes, Corey did look like a bald elf! Nevertheless this was still an enjoyable movie. I liked it enough to buy the video.
Reply #12. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by sean
I have seen Demon Wind three times now, and i can honestly say that i have never had more fun watching such a mind numbingly crappy movie since "the children of the evil dead" (no relation to sam raimi's brilliant evil dead movies). THis movie was so bad it was good! Rent it today!
Reply #13. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Jessica
Demon Wind rocks. It is terribly good. It has been one of favorite "bad" movies for years. One of my favorite lines that I quote on a daily basis is, "Black blood on the walls!"
Lmao, I saw Bobby Johnston in a soft core porno on Cinemax.
Reply #14. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Blanca Quinonez
I Think this movie is the most scarest movie i have ever seen. the dirctor did a very very good job by making this movie. Demon Wind is scaryer then the exciorst. All you other people who put down this move you do not know what scary movies are about. the demons in this movie are very very ugly and the devil's son is the most scaryest and the most uglyest of them all.
I have nightmares about this movie. If this movie was bast on a true story and I whent throw all of that stuff it would be my worst fear ever. No horror movie comes close to how scary demon wind is I think so and my brother and sister think so. This movie is scarer then night of the demoms.
Reply #15. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by They call me Jim
I grew up watching this movie...I'd probably seen it over a million times by the time I was 10. My old copy got lost somewhere and I rented it the other day and found that it scared me more now than it did back then. I still love this movie. It rules. And The Evil Dead is right up there with it in my book.I still don't understand why everyone thinks that this movie is so bad...Sure the acting was pretty bad..the effects were cheesy...and the plot kinda sucked, but isnt that what the great 80/90's movies were made of? So i end in saying this... BETTA RECKONIZE!!!!
Reply #16. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Mike
I tried dropping a snowglobe to blow up the school, it didn't work :(
|Pages: 1  3 4 5 |