|Copyright 1974 CIE Productions
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Dolemite - Rudy Ray Moore! He's big, he's mean, he's a lover and a fighter. He's not really a good guy, but he's better than the bad guys, he's Dolemite!
- Queen Bee - Dolemite's madam, she has been running, er, business while he was in prison.
- One Dozen Kung Fu Hookers - Dolemite's girls, put through training by Queen Bee to make them a lethal force.
- The Reverend - Minister with some general celibacy issues.
- Blakeley - FBI agent who wants to help Dolemite.
- Mitchell and White - Pair of corrupt FBI officers, both of them look like used car salesmen.
- The Creeper - Odd little drug addict who hangs around hamburger stands. Gunned down by Willie Green's men.
- Willie Green - The nemesis of any respectable prostitution ring and Dolemite's rival, takes a fall.
- Willie Green's Men - A bunch of thugs and bouncers, no match for Dolemite and his Kung Fu Hookers.
|Any movie which makes me take notice of the language is an eye opener to start with. When it involves a very large jiving man who commands an army of hookers trained in martial arts I get excited. Hence we have this piece of work. Dolemite was set up by Mitchell and White (Who take their orders from the Mayor, who has a business relationship with Willie Green.) on drug and theft charges. When the prison warden notices crime is still skyrocketing he makes Dolemite a deal, clean up the streets and you're a free man. ("Hey boss, we imprisoned this guy, but the crime rate is going up. Obviously he wasn't the problem, guess we should let him out...") What follows is chaos, crazy fight scenes, gratuitous sex, and some amazingly funny dialog. One of the first things accomplished is getting Dolemite's nightclub back from Willie Green, which is neatly taken care of by a secret compartment full of cash under the floor. (Queen Bee had to give up the club for borrowing money.) Willie is not very happy with losing his cash cow, when he shows up with a small army of henchmen to shut the club down all heck breaks loose. I love the martial arts touch, nobody just throws punches, have you ever seen a girl wearing polyester bell bottoms use Ti Kwan Leep on someone? Good stuff, I assure you. On top of all this you have our title character's wardrobe, any man confident enough to wear those has to be tough. |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- The FBI does not require search warrants.
- Never ask some girl, who is holding a switchblade, to help you.
- Hookers are prone to mood swings.
- Poetic street dissertations are a valid form of ID.
- Bad edits really can ruin a sex scene.
- Hookers are all blackbelts.
- Compound interest sucks.
- I really don't need to see some fat guy naked, especially from the rear.
- It takes less than ten seconds to strangle someone.
- Shooting with two pistols is much easier if you are bowlegged.
- 4 mins - Somebody was paid to choreograph this fight scene?
- 11 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 13 mins - Where did all the dead guys go?
- 16 mins - I want a red velour couch!
- 19 mins - That's quite a massage, hey, what sort of place is this anyway?
- 19 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 21 mins - Oops, boom mike...
- 40 mins - Now that is one big woman.
- 41 mins - RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST DOMINOS!
- 44 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 66 mins - Enough of this dance scene, please?
- 77 mins - Good towel, good towel...stay...
- Ending Credits - Special thanks to: Mr. Fat Burger and The Geisha House of Beautiful Women.
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Queen Bee: "Me and these girls had to sell p***y on the God damn corner trying to save your black ass. We almost lost this house."
||Dude: "By the way, who are you waiting for anyway?" |
Girl: "I'm waiting for Dolemite!"
Dude: "For who?"
Dolemite: "Dolemite motherf***er, you heard her."
||Dolemite: "I'm going to let 'em know that Dolemite is my name and f***ing up motherf***er's is my game!"
||Dolemite: "You rat soup eating honky motherf***er!"
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #17. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Cham
Hmmm...RUdy Ray Moore is a real jackass. Cool movie though. Your rat soup eatin' honkey motherf**ker!!! I give it 3.5/5. The sequel The Human Tornado is even better.
Reply #18. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Kent Eyed
I've been quoting this movie for weeks now, and I can't get the "Dolemite" theme or that song "Time on the Side" out of my head, you rat soup-eating, jock-jawed, mutha f@$#%s! By all means, if you are on this site, and love bad (and bad-ass) movies, you've got to get "Dolemite!"
Reply #19. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by RIMJOB
Dolemite isn't a good movie. Dolemite is the biggest waste of time. The fights blow, his one-liners are HORRIBLE. There is no action until the last 10 minutes of the movie. Dolemite ain't s**t. Shaft is good, but Dolemite has 0% action, 0% comedy & 100% boredom. You will feel like an a***ole for buying or renting this piece of s**t.
Reply #20. Posted on May 14, 2001, 07:18:56 PM by Da Kutt
Thats one bad-ass mother f**ker of a movie
Reply #21. Posted on May 30, 2001, 01:44:37 AM by Matt
kick ass movie. but who you call The Creeper, I have always called him Hamburger Pimp. It just seems to fit. Thought people might like to know.
Reply #22. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Walsh maine muthafucka
The best use of the word "f**k" and "mother f**ker" ever
Reply #23. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Doug Bodden
Dolemite is probably the weakest of Rudy Ray Moore's four feature films (but still a masterpiece, in a wierd way). I must recommend "The Avenging Disco Godfather" above all for its portrayal of what it's like to be on PCP (Wack), and "Petey Wheatstraw, the Devil's Son-in-Law" has without doubt the most well-developed plot of any RRM movie. FYI I own a copy of "Dolemite II, the Human Tornado" and I do NOT recommend it as a date movie, ever. Unless she really like Malt Liquor, in which case all bets are off.
Best enjoyed with a 40 of St. Ides. Or two.
Reply #24. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Ruben
My friends and I found out about this movie through this site, and decided to check it out. After just one showing, we were hooked. Rudy Ray Moore is the greatest pimp daddy of them all. Forget Willie Greene..DOLEMITE is the baddest muthafu**a the world has ever seen! We now walk around campus randomly shouting out lines from the movies. This movie is, without a doubt, one of the greatest B-movies of all time. And if you don't agree with me, then they gonna have to remove these hush puppies out yo muthafu**in a$$!!
|Pages: 1 2  4 5 |