|Copyright 1993 Trimark Pictures
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Tory - Jennifer Aniston, way before the acting classes...
- Nathan - Big tough guy out to win Tory's heart, big and tough until a midget starts chewing on his leg.
- Dad - Tory's that is, admitted to the hospital after being bitten by a midget.
- Ozzie - Extremely stupid guy, he's always yelling that Martians are coming or something like that.
- Alex - Young kid who is a great deal more intelligent than Ozzie.
- The O'Grady's - Irish couple, Mr. Dan O'Grady is the one who took the Leprechaun's gold. Both experience bad luck around the little guy and subsequently die.
- Deputy Tripet - Fodder.
- The Leprechaun - Warwick Davis! Wee little person who loves to shine shoes and is extremely possessive of his gold.
|The luck of the Irish wasn't with this director, or with us guys watching for that matter. What the heck happened to Aniston's nipples, is it just cold on the set of "Friends" or does she stuff grapes down her bra? Regardless of all that, here's a movie befitting a hangover from green beer.
Ten years ago Dan O'Grady returned from Ireland a rich man, wealthy beyond his wildest dreams after taking the Leprechaun's gold. The devious little guy didn't take kindly to losing his loot, after finding the O'Gradys he kills the Mrs. and tortures Dan into having a stroke.
The old coot managed to stuff the midget into a crate, complete with four leaf clover to render him powerless, prior to collapsing. Now Tory's father has purchased the old farm, with Nathan and his pals fixing it up everything is going peachy - until Ozzie brushes the clover off the crate. Out pops the meanest thing under four feet tall you've ever seen, with a sick sense of humor to boot. It's only after Tory finds a four leaf clover and Alex slingshots the lucky charm into his mouth that the Leprechaun is vanquished.
There are some serious blockheads in this movie, Ozzie is first and foremost, though deputy Tripet comes in a close second. He pulls this maniac elf over for driving a Barbie race car down the road, it starts biting the heck out of him... ... so he runs into the woods. Then he throws his police baton at it. Besides killing stupid cops the Leprechaun is always whining about his lost treasure, "Where's meee gooolllddd?" and shining shoes, they actually distract him at one point by tossing dirty footwear his way. Not a very scary movie, but it's goofy as all get out most of the time.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Leprechauns are some pissed off little dudes.
- Four leaf clovers are like kryptonite to Leprechaun's.
- Tarantulas are native to North Dakota.
- You can make a boot out of ears.
- There's a rusting truck at the end of a rainbow.
- An operation can fix stupidity.
- Never stick your hand down a hole to grab a feral cat. (Or Leprechaun imitating a feral cat.)
- Leprechauns are carnivorous.
- Pogo sticks are lethal weapons.
- Nobody likes Lucky Charms cereal...
- Four-leaf clovers glow green.
- 11 mins - A country song about four leaf clovers?
- 13 mins - Nobody has lived in this house for ten years?
- 20 mins - These people are painting the house bright blue and the shutters a brick red.
- 29 mins - He swallowed a half dollar sized coin?
- 37 mins - Dude, somebody pushed that tricycle at you.
- 44 mins - Great idea, throw your baton at it Tripet, I hope you die.
- 52 mins - Group Leprechaun beating!
- 56 mins - Hmmm, I'd bet the Leprechaun is under the hood eating the distributor cap.
- 66 mins - Ozzie ate the last coin, bad news.
- Tory: "No dad, that was not an animal. Okay, I know what it feels like when a man caresses my leg."
Dad: "You do?"
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Leprechaun: "What do I look like, me lad? See the hat, the buckles on me shoes? Why, I'm a leprechaun."
||Ozzie: "Hey, hey look up in the sky!" |
Alex: "So what Ozzie, it's just a rainbow."
Ozzie: "It's a magic rainbow."
||Ozzie: "Help, help it's happening! The attack is on...O'Grady farm...send help. The leprechaun is attacking!"
||Tory: (screams) |
Leprechaun: "Is that me gold?"
Tory: "What the Hell are you?"
Leprechaun: "I'm a leprechaun me dear."
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|Insult adds to injury when the leprechaun uses a pogo stick to punch a couple of holes in this dude's lung. Maybe Warwick needs to lose some weight.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #25. Posted on November 03, 2002, 06:35:39 PM by wheresthecarrot
I really want to go by a pair of L.A. Gear pink sneakers now...way to go product placement.....
Reply #26. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Chris
I just don't understand why so many people hate this movie with such ire. What exactly did you expect? It's not like the synopsis of the film or cover of the movie is decieving. Of course it's not scary, it's hilarious. I admit this movie was lame until the leprechaun busted out his tricycle. How anyone can not find the leprechaun using a pogo stick, power wheels car, skateboard, makeshift tractor, rollerskates, skateboard, and wheelchair entertaining is beyond me. I also reccomend Leprechaun in the Hood. I'm waiting for possible sequals like Leprechaun Goes Back in Time, Leprechaun Christmas, Leprechaun Goes Out West, Blackprecaun, and Leprechaun in Space. Wait, that last one is too rediculous. Why would they make a movie about a Leprechaun in outer space?
Reply #27. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Mary
Well, as a child of six years old, i was terrified by this film and couldn't sleep for weeks. The chatn "i'm a lucky leprechaun" going round in my head. Now as i am older, i stil find the little critter quite creepy, even if the plot and acting were bad, the leprechaun still haunts me now.
Reply #28. Posted on May 13, 2004, 11:09:12 AM by Austin
This is a quality flick with a classic bad guy. It lacks nothing. The pogo stick was the best part. Definitely worth watching.
Reply #29. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by unnown
I am irish and i am a big fan of leprechaun and the first one made me laugh and part of it was beacause of ozzy and i wish that they can make leprechaun movies simular to the first one some ppl like the movie and some don't and some think its ok but thats there opinion so if you see leprechaun in the hood or leprechaun back to the hood or leprechaun 1 then buy it its worth it
Reply #30. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM by Tom Thompson
One gorgeous actress with perfect legs. Jennifer keeps up this sexual attitude the entire movie. Extraordinary special effects place the movie amongst the other expensive horror flicks.
Reply #31. Posted on August 16, 2004, 06:25:08 AM by the bouncer
This movie is fairly good but destroyed by a number of seemingly endless sequels.Some bad one liners include a death by a pogo stick and somehow a little kids tricycle seems to have enough power to knock over a truck.
Reply #32. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Allen
I want me gold , NOW!!!!! My favorite character is Ozzie, the 600 lb retard who hangs out with a kid, who's characters really aren't explained, that's half his size and twice his smarts. My favorite part is when the leprechaun prtends to be a cat, and the idiot dad, also a retard, continually sticks his hand into a friggin' gopher mound before getting it bitten off. Great movie for the kids!
|Pages: 1 2 3  5 6 7 |