|Copyright 1993 Trimark Pictures
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Tory - Jennifer Aniston, way before the acting classes...
- Nathan - Big tough guy out to win Tory's heart, big and tough until a midget starts chewing on his leg.
- Dad - Tory's that is, admitted to the hospital after being bitten by a midget.
- Ozzie - Extremely stupid guy, he's always yelling that Martians are coming or something like that.
- Alex - Young kid who is a great deal more intelligent than Ozzie.
- The O'Grady's - Irish couple, Mr. Dan O'Grady is the one who took the Leprechaun's gold. Both experience bad luck around the little guy and subsequently die.
- Deputy Tripet - Fodder.
- The Leprechaun - Warwick Davis! Wee little person who loves to shine shoes and is extremely possessive of his gold.
|The luck of the Irish wasn't with this director, or with us guys watching for that matter. What the heck happened to Aniston's nipples, is it just cold on the set of "Friends" or does she stuff grapes down her bra? Regardless of all that, here's a movie befitting a hangover from green beer.
Ten years ago Dan O'Grady returned from Ireland a rich man, wealthy beyond his wildest dreams after taking the Leprechaun's gold. The devious little guy didn't take kindly to losing his loot, after finding the O'Gradys he kills the Mrs. and tortures Dan into having a stroke.
The old coot managed to stuff the midget into a crate, complete with four leaf clover to render him powerless, prior to collapsing. Now Tory's father has purchased the old farm, with Nathan and his pals fixing it up everything is going peachy - until Ozzie brushes the clover off the crate. Out pops the meanest thing under four feet tall you've ever seen, with a sick sense of humor to boot. It's only after Tory finds a four leaf clover and Alex slingshots the lucky charm into his mouth that the Leprechaun is vanquished.
There are some serious blockheads in this movie, Ozzie is first and foremost, though deputy Tripet comes in a close second. He pulls this maniac elf over for driving a Barbie race car down the road, it starts biting the heck out of him... ... so he runs into the woods. Then he throws his police baton at it. Besides killing stupid cops the Leprechaun is always whining about his lost treasure, "Where's meee gooolllddd?" and shining shoes, they actually distract him at one point by tossing dirty footwear his way. Not a very scary movie, but it's goofy as all get out most of the time.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Leprechauns are some pissed off little dudes.
- Four leaf clovers are like kryptonite to Leprechaun's.
- Tarantulas are native to North Dakota.
- You can make a boot out of ears.
- There's a rusting truck at the end of a rainbow.
- An operation can fix stupidity.
- Never stick your hand down a hole to grab a feral cat. (Or Leprechaun imitating a feral cat.)
- Leprechauns are carnivorous.
- Pogo sticks are lethal weapons.
- Nobody likes Lucky Charms cereal...
- Four-leaf clovers glow green.
- 11 mins - A country song about four leaf clovers?
- 13 mins - Nobody has lived in this house for ten years?
- 20 mins - These people are painting the house bright blue and the shutters a brick red.
- 29 mins - He swallowed a half dollar sized coin?
- 37 mins - Dude, somebody pushed that tricycle at you.
- 44 mins - Great idea, throw your baton at it Tripet, I hope you die.
- 52 mins - Group Leprechaun beating!
- 56 mins - Hmmm, I'd bet the Leprechaun is under the hood eating the distributor cap.
- 66 mins - Ozzie ate the last coin, bad news.
- Tory: "No dad, that was not an animal. Okay, I know what it feels like when a man caresses my leg."
Dad: "You do?"
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Leprechaun: "What do I look like, me lad? See the hat, the buckles on me shoes? Why, I'm a leprechaun."
||Ozzie: "Hey, hey look up in the sky!" |
Alex: "So what Ozzie, it's just a rainbow."
Ozzie: "It's a magic rainbow."
||Ozzie: "Help, help it's happening! The attack is on...O'Grady farm...send help. The leprechaun is attacking!"
||Tory: (screams) |
Leprechaun: "Is that me gold?"
Tory: "What the Hell are you?"
Leprechaun: "I'm a leprechaun me dear."
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|Insult adds to injury when the leprechaun uses a pogo stick to punch a couple of holes in this dude's lung. Maybe Warwick needs to lose some weight.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #9. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Brandon Lee
Not bad, the only reason i got this movie is well, cause Jennifer aniston is in it. She is fine as hell, Robert gorman,(the little kid if you didn't know) is quite amuzing when he is f**king with ozzie and smacking him around.(Didn't say it was right, just funny). I'd give it a three out of five, just cause I like watching Jen saying "That's no f**kin bear" with the shotgun in her hand. And when the Leprechaun licks her leg Very nice!
Reply #10. Posted on April 03, 2000, 10:28:03 AM by Paul H.
There seems to be two types of opinions.
1) leprechaun was pretty good and leprechan 4 sucks.
2) Leprcchaun sucks bad and leprechan 4 kicks ass.
Well I'm firmly a type two. Leprechaun was boring stupid and juvenile. (most of the people who like it saw it when they were young so this makes sence.) The movie has promise but fails at every thing. Lep. 4. is truely low grade crap but at least it has some purity to it and isn't borinig.
Reply #11. Posted on April 10, 2000, 09:33:44 PM by Robby
Leprechaun is one of the most silliest and scariest films I've seen in a while. They just don't make movies like this anymore. I would recomend this campy classic to anyone who enjoys scary yet funny laughs. BUY IT NOW!!!!
Reply #12. Posted on May 17, 2000, 11:06:14 AM by Thundercracker
This kind of idiot likes these films. Especially the first one. They got progressively worse, but they're all still fun to watch. An interesting little bit of trivia, Warwick Davis also played an Ewok in Return of the Jedi.
Reply #13. Posted on April 18, 2000, 07:43:41 AM by Chris K.
Horrible is a great way to describe LEPRECHAUN. Bad acting and crappy humor is everywhere in this bad flick. Avoid this film at all costs and it will dive down into obscurity forever.
Reply #14. Posted on April 19, 2000, 06:15:53 PM by STPezatcha
I saw this movie 5 years ago...and I regret seeing it. I also rented Leprachaun 5....its extremely horrid compared to this movie.
Reply #15. Posted on July 30, 2000, 07:13:49 PM by Kurt
Recently I bought a DVD player. And therefore, I needed some DVD's.
Today, out looking for some cheap DVD's I could amuse myself with, I found a pack of four horror movies on DVD for the low low price of $30. $7.50 apiece is dirt cheap for DVD's, so I sprang for it.
One of the four, and the one I just watched, was Leprechaun. Although the concept of a Leprechaun as evil was somewhat novel the movie is very much your basic stock monster-movie. I haven't seen the sequels but don't have much reason to think they'll be much better.
Well, it made me laugh. It was goofy. Whether or not Warwick Davis thought too much of his role in the Leprechaun series now, he sure seemed to have a blast while they were making it. Then again, if I was in leprechaun makeup and told that my role entailed slaughtering South Dakotans, I'd probably do the same.
Reply #16. Posted on September 21, 2000, 03:43:43 AM by ithur
Well so most people think either Lep 1 or Lep 4 sucks. I guess that makes my taste extra crappy 'cause I was a sucker for the "fiddledeediddledeedee" garbage in the first one, even liked the second one (that was the one with extra Tard Power wasn't it?), and then #4 made my jaw drop. Okay, horror/comedy is already kind of a derivative genre -- but add Midget Movie to that and it's quite an impressive cocktail. So sad that they did nothing with the Sci-Fi angle for #3, but adding 90's Blaxsploitation and Pseudo-Musical to the mix worked WONDERS. #4 is alarmingly offensive and distasteful and is certainly in my top ten Good Awful Movies. C'mon, Ice-T in a worse flick than Tank Girl? Nuff respect.
|Pages: 1  3 4 ... 7 |