|Copyright 1999 12 Promises Productions.
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Richie - Is he a wise guy? Bum? Stock broker? I am certain he's an alcoholic with an obsession for learning what happened to Joey.
- Joey - Evidently something happened to him and Richie blames Moe. The amusing part is that Joey spends half the film under our noses and Moe was responsible for his disappearance.
- Sarah - Richie's love interest. Well, besides booze. One thing is clear, she is sleeping with other men.
- Moe - At first glance he appears to be a mob boss. I get the idea that Moe is just a guy trying to do his job.
- Mickey - Close associate of the mobster Moe.
- Rico - Moe's bodyguard, must have picked him up on sale.
- Gina - Ex girlfriend of Richie's, turns out to be a mean and heartless bitch. Let me get specific, she turns out to be a very dead, mean, and heartless bitch.
- Weez - Ratty little guy with a thing for young girls, shot by an overstuffed version of Isaac Hayes.
- Sammy, Eddie, and Vinnie - Group of guys that help Richie to bring down Moe.
|Well here is an oddity, a film submitted by independents that honestly does not belong on Badmovies.org. (My gut feeling.) Billed as a "Wizard of Oz" meets the mob sort of project, the main section does concern Richie taking out the local crime lord. He blames Moe for Joey's mysterious disappearance, so with three buddies a settling of scores is executed. (Along with Moe and his guests.) Finding that his wife Sarah had been a pawn of Mickey's ends the dream with an abrupt gunshot. Sorting out reality from fantasy is more difficult than expected, but the ending is what gets you to thinking about how everything fit. After five viewings there are still interesting nuances to catch, quite remarkable for a film that runs under one hour.|
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Nothing says good morning like hard liquor.
- If you forget your wife's birthday just give her sex.
- There is no such thing as the Mafia.
- Sex puts women to sleep, but has the opposite effect on men.
- Blondes do not understand gender related pronouns.
- Watching a tramp put out her cigarette in a plate of messy pasta is unappetizing.
- Don't get too close to some guy who has a nervous stomach if he just ate a big meal.
- 1 min - That cop just threw a cat into the trash! Hehehehehe!
- 6 mins - Mickey really needs to learn some new lines for picking up women.
- 7 mins - Darn hippies!
- 13 mins - RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!
- 16 mins - He stops in the middle of a hit to give a bum some money?
- 29 mins - Safety is on. Uh Gina, the safety is on...
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Some girl talking about the Mafia myth.
||Richie: "I'm not going to hurt you or your daughter. What do you think I am, some kind of nutzo?"
||Richie: "You! Sit your five hundred pound hail damaged looking ass down!" (What does that mean?)
||Some Girl: "And Richie..." |
Some Girl: "You look like hell."
Richie: "Yeah, well thanks Cinderella."
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #1. Posted on May 12, 2000, 07:52:58 PM by Jimmy Costello
Your review is greatly appreciated...I'm glad you actually understood the angle. I appreciate your humor and your honesty as well. It's an honor to be on your website. I'm looking forward to our next vehicle. I'll keep you posted. You do have an awesome thing going at BADMOVIES.Keep in touch.
Jimmy Costello... Creator/ Richie Farris/ writer
Reply #2. Posted on July 15, 2000, 05:44:23 PM by Steve Thil
You are joking right??!!?! This movie was ___. And a big pile of it too. You ARE right about one thing it doesn't deverve to be on this site. This movie is SO bad, it's not even a bad movie.
Reply #3. Posted on August 20, 2000, 01:13:53 PM by Jimmy Costello
We all try to have fun and make a short film, or feature here and there. Working our craft, experimenting, taking risks, exploring the arts...and then along come little Closet Critics like "Steve Thil"...Who's your favorite Movie Star? Ron Jeremy? HaHa! You're killing me!
Reply #4. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Darius Jackson
Perhaps Steve here should watch this little flick again. And use you're head this time. It is a thinker, and it is a very, very low budget short ... what are you expecting?? On Golden Pond?? I have walked out of the theater five times in the past two years, I know bad movies. This isn't a bad movie. Besides, it's a short that's meant to be experimental. To those who made the movie, keep up the good work!!
Reply #5. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Jimmy Costello
Thanks for the plug.I'm fine tuning my next product...this one's a feature. If you appreciated NK...you'll be pleased with my next Creation. See you at the Movies! Jimmy Costello
|Re: New Kansas
Reply #6. Posted on December 17, 2010, 12:07:00 AM by What a Joke!
Biggest joke of a movie ever, no doubt.
|Pages:  |