|Copyright 1995 Amritraj Premiere Entertainment Inc.
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Jack Cutter - Don "The Dragon" Wilson! Last of the vampire hunters, out to avenge his family's death and destroy the last leeches on Earth.
- Raimy Baker - Tabloid reporter sent to cover the restaurant massacre, falls in love with Cutter.
- Detective Browning - Older cop who doesn't believe in all this undead nonsense at first.
- Detective Hooper - Browning's sidekick who seems to eat toothpicks.
- Tournier - French vamp who hates Cutter, for some reason she gets the hots for him all the sudden too. He snaps her neck by applying a "sleeper hold."
- Hashimoto - Asian vamp who created the martial arts. (I dunno, all of them I guess.) Unfortunately he's not very good at them, killed by Cutter.
- Two Punk Vampires - Tough guys who like drinking the blood of drunk women, Cutter snaps their necks.
- The Vampire Dinner Party - Very dead and not coming back after Cutter crashes the party.
- Sid O'Mack - Once a hunter himself, switched sides when offered eternal life. Cutter shoots him full of holes.
- Bruno Fischer - King of the vampires, massively powerful until you remove his sunglasses. Cutter makes him "look the other way."
|Finding a movie which was financed by the main character is usually not a good thing, let alone when the film in question deals with vampires. So Mr. Dragon's part came to be. Cutter was orphaned as a young child when Sid betrayed the vampire hunter's oath. No, I don't know what the darn oath is, but it makes sense they'd have one. Years later he thinks the task is almost finished, after breaking up a dinner party and snapping the necks of every undead present all the names in his book are crossed off. Somehow the person who entered the names in the book forgot to include the king vamp. (Must have been a temp.) Jack thinks his main worry is the cops catching him and the ensuing electric chair ride when a very angry Frenchwoman shows up. This scene accomplishes two things, one - you're pretty much waving a huge flag saying, "I think you missed a few." and two - Raimy instantly starts believing in vampires. Jack sets off to kill any bloodsuckers left while reporter woman tries to convince the police that vampires do exist. On to another plot point, Bruno is infatuated with Raimy, she looks just like the woman he loved hundreds of years ago. (Huh, who would have seen that coming?) In the end it's a race against time as the night hunter attempts to save her and kill the remaining vampires, all of which have shacked up in an abandoned building. To this day I can't figure out why the modern day versions of Count Dracula don't invest in and Uzi or two. Speaking of firearms, between Cutter getting three shots out of his sawed off and Sid unloading at least thirty-six rounds from a pair of Beretta pistols, somebody can't count and it's not me. |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Nobody likes garlic aftershave.
- Nothing ruins a dinner party like some maniac with a sawed off shotgun.
- Bullets will ricochet off the plastic light covers on cop cars.
- Vampire blood is better than Bactine for minor scrapes and bullet wounds.
- New vampires are only created during solar eclipses.
- The only way to kill a vampire is to break it's neck.
- Blood looks a lot like tomato paste.
- Slamming an old window down hard enough to break a man's neck will not shatter the glass.
- 7 mins - Stupid kid...
- 15 mins - The dead guy's eye twitched, unfortunately in this scene he is supposed to be really dead...
- 22 mins - Now that he has a hostage they start shooting at him.
- 32 mins - There's one way to deal with the homeless.
- 36 mins - Cutter just fired three shots from a double barrel shotgun.
- 50 mins - So he has psychic powers as well?
- 51 mins - How does one miss with a sawed off shotgun at that range?
- 72 mins - I'm going to faint! One of the vampires is finally using a gun.
- 82 mins - Jump! Oh, please jump!
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Tournier: "I will not await vengeance; the hunter will die!"
||Punk Vampire: "You wanna know what it feels like to have your neck snapped? Mr. HUNTER!"
||Browning: "You telling me this guy Cutter believes he's killing vampires?" |
Raimy: "Your autopsies say that he is killing vampires!"
||Bruno: "You and I are one in the same, both of us are night hunters...killers." |
Cutter: "I don't kill innocent people."
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |