|Copyright 1972 Aquarius Releasing Inc.
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Lynn - Female nutcase who escaped from an asylum.
- Zambrini - Owns a diner in Hooterville, feeds dead bodies to his pigs. Stabbed by Lynn and then chopped up into bite sized pieces for the piggies.
- Dan - Sheriff, this guy needed to get a clue.
- Ben - Oil field worker who gets too pushy with Lynn, now a major component of bacon.
- Mrs. Macy - Neighbor to Zambrini who sounds like a loony old woman, knows that he is feeding bodies to the pigs.
- Jess - Bounty hunter for the hospital where Lynn was institutionalized, stabbed by her and turned into pig chow.
- The Pigs - Hungry little porkers who survive on a diet of bad actors.
|For nearly two hours I tried to claw my eyes out, this was... ...PAINFUL. I mean, talking about it helps some, but you just can't understand how bad this was. Quite possibly the worst movie reviewed to date, I'd have to watch The Cars That Ate Paris and this in a row to really judge. NO DAMN WAY, DON'T EVEN SUGGEST IT. Lynn is a serious nut case who stabbed her father to death after he raped her, freak woman believes daddy is still alive. "Lithium Poster Girl" escapes from the asylum when the nurse and doctor turn their backs to um, study anatomy. Stealing a car she flees into backwoods America, ending up at Zambrini's roadside diner. Here's another well adjusted human being, he is the proud owner of a flock of human eating pigs. Seems the little oinkers broke loose one time and devoured a drunk passed out in the field, now they crave human flesh. So Zambrini has been digging up graves, stealing corpses from the morgue, and probably killing travelers to keep them fed. Soon after psycho girl arrives she kills Ben - more food for the pigs. Then Jess shows up to take her back to the asylum - again with the pig chow. Zambrini figures out he has a bigger nut on his hands than himself at this point, makes the mistake of pointing out her dad is dead too. Lynn kills him and guess what she does with the body? That's right, slops the pigs and throws her necklace in the pen. The Sheriff falls for the ruse of course, he's dumb as a stump anyway, he would have believed a note left behind which said, "Fed myself to pigs, goodbye cruel world - Lynn." Nobody in the whole film can act, it's awful. I'm hoping these people stayed starving artists and subsequently, well starved. (You watch it and get high and mighty.) Most of the time it's too dark to see what is going on, that's not so bad, but the song! The wretched song we hear over and over signifying Lynn's dementia. I cried for about an hour after watching this film, not proud about it either. |
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Pigs are winos natural predators.
- There isn't a law against feeding dead people to pigs.
- Nutcases constantly hear a voice singing, "La-la-la" in their head.
- If dad can't come to the phone because he's dead try calling later.
- The Egyptians worshipped pigs as gods.
- Asylums hire bounty hunters.
- Crazy women use lipstick as war paint.
- Blood looks remarkably like tomato paste.
- 1 min - What the HECK is going on?
- 12 mins - Focus would be good here.
- 22 mins - Is anybody normal in this movie?
- 28 mins - You stabbed daddy to death, friggin psycho...
- 43 mins - By now it's perfectly clear she is bonkers.
- 47 mins - Nobody notices the severed hand laying out?
- 74 mins - We knew she was a mental case over half an hour ago. Arrggghhh!
- Ending Credits - No director or copyright info, amazing. That makes it much harder to track down and punish these people.
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Zambrini: "You see they got used to eating human flesh."
||Mrs. Macy: "He feeds those pigs dead people and then he eats the pigs."
||Zambrini: "So what? Everybody's sick, everybody's running away from everything. What are you, what are you a troublemaker, huh?"
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|Who thought this scene up? Arrggghh!|
In retrospect, this is an accurate portrayal of the nightmares I had for weeks after watching this. Perhaps the screenwriter was dabbling in a bit of foreshadowing.
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #1. Posted on June 19, 1999, 12:55:11 AM by
I think I accidently watched this once and your right, theres bad movies and then theres BAD movies.
Reply #2. Posted on June 25, 1999, 12:17:30 AM by Dick Elohssa
This is one of the top 10 horror films ever made! The fantastic special effects make this a true classic! This is a masterpiece of gore!
Reply #3. Posted on June 27, 1999, 03:05:17 AM by Squishy The Squid
Whoopsie! Check the Internet Movie Database listing on the main "Pigs" page--this movie has about fifty damned alternate titles, including "The Strange Love Exorcist"--wow--and stars Katherine (The Swarm) ROSS! I asked 'Fenris' about Ms. Ross' participation in this travesty a while back before I wised up and checked the IMDB; his copy apparently has an alternate name for Ms. Ross...who can blame her? Search for it as "Daddy's Deadly Darling." I HAVE to see this wad of yak!
Reply #4. Posted on July 31, 1999, 03:30:28 AM by Squishy
The IMDB has been corrected; it ain't the same Katherine Ross.
Reply #5. Posted on October 15, 1999, 11:41:19 AM by email@example.com
My . . . gosh. Movie . . . awful. Brain . . . won't function after . . . watching. Must . . . type . . . like this.
Reply #6. Posted on November 06, 1999, 08:13:24 PM by
according to the IMDB, Marc Lawrence who played Zambrini , helped write that movie Mickey Blue Eyes
Reply #7. Posted on January 21, 2000, 06:36:43 PM by
Not only is this bad, it's almost impossible to sit through. Being drunk does not help during the "film" but it certainly helps afterward.... Right up there with "Nail Gun Massacre."
Reply #8. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by JJ
When I watched this God forsaken movie, one prayer came to mind " LORD, GIVE ME CANCER NOW!"
|Pages:  2 3 ... 5 |