|Copyright 1989 Full Moon Productions
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Andre Toulon - Creator of the animated puppets, shoots himself in the head.
- Alex Whittaker - Psychic investigator, receives his insights through dreaming.
- Dana Hadley - Redheaded witch, she's constantly waving a feather or incense at something, plus she talks to a stuffed dog. Blade cuts her throat.
- Neil Gallagher - An evil and selfish man who has found the Puppet Master's secret. The puppets do him in.
- Megan - Neil's wife, she takes a rather large amount of ribbing on his part.
- Frank and Charissa - Two other psychics who can "feel" what occured somewhere, they are constantly bumping uglies. She is drilled by Tunneler and Leech Woman gets him.
- Teresa - Annoying housekeeper, Pinhead takes care of her early on thank goodness.
- The Puppets - Brought to life by Toulon they are: Blade, Jester, Leech Woman, Pin Head, and Tunneler.
|The first of what was to be many Puppet Master films! Full Moon Entertainment provided the b-movie community with a terrific slew of movies in this series. Tasteful stop motion combined with moderate gore and a little bit of sex make for a solid bad movie, unfortunately it does drag along at times. Toulon creates the puppets but is forced to commit suicide when Nazi agents close in on his hotel room. Years later a group of psychics answer a telepathic communication from Neil Gallagher only to find he was dead when they received his summons. Soon the puppets, controlled by Neill - who has injected himself with the same formula which gives them life, are slaughtering everyone! A very odd film at times, including Dana walking around with a stuffed dog (petting and talking to it of course) which comes to life in the end. I really like the puppets... ...too bad they ran out of people to kill.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Gypsies should not have southern accents.
- To check if someone is dead stab them, looking for a pulse or body temperature just will not do.
- Psychics have a difficult time, always running into objects or places where something dreadful occured. I would avoid public restrooms if psychic, though hotel beds look fun.
- Mystics talk to stuffed dogs.
- It's impossible to discern between a woman's mouth and a puppet's.
- Neck wounds don't bleed much.
- Quite a bit happens around midnight, including the sun shining.
- Having a leech stuck down your throat sucks.
- 7 mins - Can anyone see this puppet running through the hotel?
- 30 mins - Dude! What happened to your head? (Pin Head)
- 37 mins - Hey, the gypsy said not to venture near the fireplace so what do you do? Bad idea in a b-movie girl...
- 47 mins - Nothing like being tied up.
- 50 mins - Sex scene! But we need focus! Focus please! Arrghhh...
- 57 mins - Okay, Dana rounds the corner carrying the dog and it's in her right arm but now resides within her left? And it's not facing the same way?
- 66 mins - It's around midnight but sunlight is streaming in the window.
- 85 mins - Now the stuffed dog is alive?
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Charrisa: "Oh my God Frankie!" |
Charrisa: "This is a movie star bed!"
Frank: "Not now Charissa."
Charissa: "No really, two famous movie stars had a wild night in this bed."
||Megan: "It never occured to me before that there was a connection between the old puppet master's death and my husband's, but after dinner, it began to make sense."
||Megan: "You're dead." |
Neil: "Yes, I am."
||Neil: "I put a gun in my mouth and blew away my vast knowledge."
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|This is why you don't go looking for trouble, especially under the bed. Why didn't she just stand up though? Or, even better, climb onto something like oh - the bed?
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #1. Posted on March 07, 1999, 05:25:05 PM by BDCriss
I must say that this one of the funniest bad horror movies I have ever seen. The puppets are freaky and if Toulon never intended them to hurt anybody, why would he equip them with knives, drills, leaches, etc.
Reply #2. Posted on March 21, 1999, 09:31:51 AM by Blazinsun
I have saw like 3 out of I think 6 of these films.
All tha puppet master films that I saw was all on tv..I think on that sci-fi channel...kool channel!
Every film keeps getting better and better..That I would have to say this one(1st episode) had tha most horror than tha rest of tha films.
I luved tha idea for this film that I have saw otha b-movies like this that used dolls or killer toys. That all of tha otha films lacked tha action that tha puppets give...U know all know what I mean, Those puppets could kick as* in wrestling match.
I would like to see a bruce lee puppet if they ever made anotha films.
Peace, ...No need to rent tha films if u have sci fi channel!!
Reply #3. Posted on March 30, 1999, 10:32:06 AM by Whamontree@hotmail.com
The puppets are exceedingly well done. Too bad the rest of the movie isn't as good. Personally, I would have given it three slimes for the scene at the end where Toulon keeps punching Paul Le Mat in the face for about five minutes straight!
Reply #4. Posted on April 13, 1999, 03:01:20 PM by Volcore
I think this movie kicks ass. If I were a person like Toulon, I would make sure the puppets get enough of that brain liquid to make them invinseble!
Reply #5. Posted on February 23, 2000, 05:06:44 PM by Stefan Robak
If you guyslike the movie you might want to know that for years there have been neat, high quality Puppet Master toys on the market featuring every (I think) toy. In fact, if I suspect that the sixth movie was made for the Retro Puppet Master toy line which was released along side the toys! There have also been toys of Radu (Subspecies), Shrieker and Castle Freak. Also they're are planning to made a Femalien figure with nudity and "special" accerories. And it'll be the first soft Core acton figure!
Reply #6. Posted on April 11, 2000, 10:02:28 PM by
I've been a fan of PUPPET MASTER since I was a toddler. I first saw part 5, then part three, then one, then four, then two. I've also seen six and seven. The first was my all time favorite. It had a good story and plenty of "good" effects. I love the theme music. If you want to put a real bad movie of the PUPPET MASTER series, put six. It made no sense, and the puppets were just clips cut from the other films. I was able to point out what each clip came from.
Reply #7. Posted on August 13, 2002, 10:08:50 PM by Anthony Alicea
I think this movie was great! It was very well written. I think all the puppets are awusome. Especially Blade, because i love his weapons on both hands.Pinhead and tunneler are also tight too. There was only some messed up parts like when that lady was drilled. Couldnt she just stand up on something?! Anywayz, 8 out of 10 score for me.
Reply #8. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM by steven posey
I love pinhead torch and tunneler I just cant get enough -o- them killer puppets ;) but that freakish looking sutek guy looks like a retarted ballon animal.
Ive only seen puppet master 2 3 6 and 7 but what do you expect Im only 11 however I have every puppet master action figure
|Pages:  2 3 4 |