|Copyright 1989 Full Moon Productions
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Andre Toulon - Creator of the animated puppets, shoots himself in the head.
- Alex Whittaker - Psychic investigator, receives his insights through dreaming.
- Dana Hadley - Redheaded witch, she's constantly waving a feather or incense at something, plus she talks to a stuffed dog. Blade cuts her throat.
- Neil Gallagher - An evil and selfish man who has found the Puppet Master's secret. The puppets do him in.
- Megan - Neil's wife, she takes a rather large amount of ribbing on his part.
- Frank and Charissa - Two other psychics who can "feel" what occured somewhere, they are constantly bumping uglies. She is drilled by Tunneler and Leech Woman gets him.
- Teresa - Annoying housekeeper, Pinhead takes care of her early on thank goodness.
- The Puppets - Brought to life by Toulon they are: Blade, Jester, Leech Woman, Pin Head, and Tunneler.
|The first of what was to be many Puppet Master films! Full Moon Entertainment provided the b-movie community with a terrific slew of movies in this series. Tasteful stop motion combined with moderate gore and a little bit of sex make for a solid bad movie, unfortunately it does drag along at times. Toulon creates the puppets but is forced to commit suicide when Nazi agents close in on his hotel room. Years later a group of psychics answer a telepathic communication from Neil Gallagher only to find he was dead when they received his summons. Soon the puppets, controlled by Neill - who has injected himself with the same formula which gives them life, are slaughtering everyone! A very odd film at times, including Dana walking around with a stuffed dog (petting and talking to it of course) which comes to life in the end. I really like the puppets... ...too bad they ran out of people to kill.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Gypsies should not have southern accents.
- To check if someone is dead stab them, looking for a pulse or body temperature just will not do.
- Psychics have a difficult time, always running into objects or places where something dreadful occured. I would avoid public restrooms if psychic, though hotel beds look fun.
- Mystics talk to stuffed dogs.
- It's impossible to discern between a woman's mouth and a puppet's.
- Neck wounds don't bleed much.
- Quite a bit happens around midnight, including the sun shining.
- Having a leech stuck down your throat sucks.
- 7 mins - Can anyone see this puppet running through the hotel?
- 30 mins - Dude! What happened to your head? (Pin Head)
- 37 mins - Hey, the gypsy said not to venture near the fireplace so what do you do? Bad idea in a b-movie girl...
- 47 mins - Nothing like being tied up.
- 50 mins - Sex scene! But we need focus! Focus please! Arrghhh...
- 57 mins - Okay, Dana rounds the corner carrying the dog and it's in her right arm but now resides within her left? And it's not facing the same way?
- 66 mins - It's around midnight but sunlight is streaming in the window.
- 85 mins - Now the stuffed dog is alive?
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Charrisa: "Oh my God Frankie!" |
Charrisa: "This is a movie star bed!"
Frank: "Not now Charissa."
Charissa: "No really, two famous movie stars had a wild night in this bed."
||Megan: "It never occured to me before that there was a connection between the old puppet master's death and my husband's, but after dinner, it began to make sense."
||Megan: "You're dead." |
Neil: "Yes, I am."
||Neil: "I put a gun in my mouth and blew away my vast knowledge."
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|This is why you don't go looking for trouble, especially under the bed. Why didn't she just stand up though? Or, even better, climb onto something like oh - the bed?
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #17. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Diego Mendoza
I saw the first puppetmaster movie and thought it rocked,but most of all I like the puppets.Tunnelers my favorite.what I want to know is how the hell did that fake little dog come alive and why couldn't jester come and beat the crap out of Niel for revenge, while he was pinned to the floor, since he broke Jesters head?Anyway it was still a good movie to me. I'm also looking forward to get the toys.I only have 4 so that stinks. I'm looking at the other movies to see some more action from my buddy Tunneler.
Reply #18. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM by Alejandro
The movie is O.K , but you really got to give credit to the person in charge of the score, the music is truely terrorific , gives a tone of sadness and madness at the same time.......please if anyone knows where to get this soundtrack, please e-mail me, as soon as possible............can't get the freaking music out of my head , I saw the movie when I was 13, then I totally forgot about it, till one day I was playing guitar and played some chords that reminded me the music from the PUPPET MASTER.......since then I haven't been able to get it out of my head ...not that I want to, but I think if I only get the soundtrack and listen to the whole song I will finally rest in peace, for this music contains some pretty sick stuff. Even more haunting than the soundtrack from Halloween, which in my opinion is really cool too.
PS#1: I am not a mental case, and let me know if I am not alone in this.
PS#2: Just to be clear I said "PUPPET MASTER" not MASTER OF PUPPETS by Metallica, or THE PUPPET MASTER by King Diamond
PS#3:Thnaks to the webmaster for putting that small sampler of the movie. Thanx I could listen to that thing forever.
Reply #19. Posted on December 09, 2004, 08:48:51 PM by Shina Ross
The movie is really cool and I like it most with Leechwoman because she is my favourite puppet in the movie.When I first watched the movie I thought Leechwoman could be just like me but,she could be my half girl and half sis in my wolrd.And I find she looks perfect in her pink dress,also she looks kind of cute wearing a purple,pink dress with a purple scarf around her neck in Puppet Master part3.If you have more info about Leechwoman please contact me to find my favourite puppet in my world.
Reply #20. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by PuppetMistress
I'm not particularly fond of the storyline, but the puppets were awesome in this movie. They seemed more animated and vocal, and Blade just kicked ass. My other favorite is Jester but I like him much better with his cute little hat on. He doesn't look right otherwise...o.o
The storyline for the puppets I DO like is the third movie. That made the most sense and I liked the names/stories Toulon revealed about his little friends to Dr. Hess.
Reply #21. Posted on August 14, 2005, 12:00:56 AM by Surge
This movie rule. All the puppets are cool. This movie is the pinnacle of all b-movies. 10/10!!!
Reply #22. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by MondayReaper
I've been watching Puppet Master since age 4. I'm 18 now and still I can't get enough. Torch is the all-time most kick-ass puppet. I'm really dissapointed that the series ended. Full Moon went under, but Charles Band is back with Wizard Entertainment which will still make killer doll movies. I doubt he will bring Puppet Master back though (bummer). Good news, though. A new series of Puppet Master action figures is coming out. These look way cooler than the old figures. When you collect them all, their bases lock together. Blade and Tunneler are already out so buy them! Oh yeah, and for all you people who say Puppet Master is a Child's Play rip-off and the lines are plagiarised from Child's Play, if you did your movie research, you would know that Puppet Master came out before Child's Play.
Reply #23. Posted on October 29, 2005, 06:09:23 PM by lois m
Fact to note....The actor who played Neil Gallagher (Jimmie F Skaggs) did an outstanding job in his role.I saw it years ago but he stood out in my mind.He was in Oblivion and Oblivian 2-Back lash,plus many other films and tv.Such a great looking man and so talentend he was a very noted producer of stage plays..sadly he passed away in July of 2004 from cancer at a still young age...will be missed.There is a website for him but dont know the exact listing...rest in peace...
Reply #24. Posted on January 07, 2006, 11:13:12 PM by Rzx Of United Myndz
|Pages: 1 2  4 |