|Copyright 1989 Full Moon Productions
| Reviewed by Andrew Borntreger on 'a long time ago'
- Andre Toulon - Creator of the animated puppets, shoots himself in the head.
- Alex Whittaker - Psychic investigator, receives his insights through dreaming.
- Dana Hadley - Redheaded witch, she's constantly waving a feather or incense at something, plus she talks to a stuffed dog. Blade cuts her throat.
- Neil Gallagher - An evil and selfish man who has found the Puppet Master's secret. The puppets do him in.
- Megan - Neil's wife, she takes a rather large amount of ribbing on his part.
- Frank and Charissa - Two other psychics who can "feel" what occured somewhere, they are constantly bumping uglies. She is drilled by Tunneler and Leech Woman gets him.
- Teresa - Annoying housekeeper, Pinhead takes care of her early on thank goodness.
- The Puppets - Brought to life by Toulon they are: Blade, Jester, Leech Woman, Pin Head, and Tunneler.
|The first of what was to be many Puppet Master films! Full Moon Entertainment provided the b-movie community with a terrific slew of movies in this series. Tasteful stop motion combined with moderate gore and a little bit of sex make for a solid bad movie, unfortunately it does drag along at times. Toulon creates the puppets but is forced to commit suicide when Nazi agents close in on his hotel room. Years later a group of psychics answer a telepathic communication from Neil Gallagher only to find he was dead when they received his summons. Soon the puppets, controlled by Neill - who has injected himself with the same formula which gives them life, are slaughtering everyone! A very odd film at times, including Dana walking around with a stuffed dog (petting and talking to it of course) which comes to life in the end. I really like the puppets... ...too bad they ran out of people to kill.
|Things I Learned From This Movie:|| |
- Gypsies should not have southern accents.
- To check if someone is dead stab them, looking for a pulse or body temperature just will not do.
- Psychics have a difficult time, always running into objects or places where something dreadful occured. I would avoid public restrooms if psychic, though hotel beds look fun.
- Mystics talk to stuffed dogs.
- It's impossible to discern between a woman's mouth and a puppet's.
- Neck wounds don't bleed much.
- Quite a bit happens around midnight, including the sun shining.
- Having a leech stuck down your throat sucks.
- 7 mins - Can anyone see this puppet running through the hotel?
- 30 mins - Dude! What happened to your head? (Pin Head)
- 37 mins - Hey, the gypsy said not to venture near the fireplace so what do you do? Bad idea in a b-movie girl...
- 47 mins - Nothing like being tied up.
- 50 mins - Sex scene! But we need focus! Focus please! Arrghhh...
- 57 mins - Okay, Dana rounds the corner carrying the dog and it's in her right arm but now resides within her left? And it's not facing the same way?
- 66 mins - It's around midnight but sunlight is streaming in the window.
- 85 mins - Now the stuffed dog is alive?
| ||Audio clips in wav format||SOUNDS||Starving actors speak out|| |
||Charrisa: "Oh my God Frankie!" |
Charrisa: "This is a movie star bed!"
Frank: "Not now Charissa."
Charissa: "No really, two famous movie stars had a wild night in this bed."
||Megan: "It never occured to me before that there was a connection between the old puppet master's death and my husband's, but after dinner, it began to make sense."
||Megan: "You're dead." |
Neil: "Yes, I am."
||Neil: "I put a gun in my mouth and blew away my vast knowledge."
|Theme Song|| Listen to a clip from the soundtrack. |
| ||Click for a larger image||IMAGES||Scenes from the movie|| |
| ||Watch a scene||VIDEO||MPEG video files|| |
|This is why you don't go looking for trouble, especially under the bed. Why didn't she just stand up though? Or, even better, climb onto something like oh - the bed?
| ||Leave a comment||EXTRAS||Buy the movie|| |
Reply #25. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM by Natalie
Reply #26. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Toulon
This movie is a classic by Full Moon Pitcures. I've only seen three of the sequals and that is Puppet Master II, Puppet Master: The Legacy and Puppet Master Vs Demonic Toys. I'm trying to find the other ones, does anyone have any info about them?
Reply #27. Posted on November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM by Steve
I feel like seeing this movie but I don't know how gory or gruesome it is. If it's too gory, I won't watch it. If it's too gruesome, I REALLY won't watch it. If any of you will please email me and specifically and truthfully tell me how gruesome and violent it is, I will decide to watch it or not. Heck, tell me about the second one as well because I heard it had BRAINS in it. Please regard this message :)
Reply #28. Posted on May 31, 2006, 06:21:40 PM by Evan
This movie was SO AWESOME. I rented the movie right after I read the reviews (for Puppet Master 1-3) and I am now OFFICIALLY a fan. Thanks, badmovies.org, I owe you one!
|Re: Puppet Master
Posted on October 25, 2007, 03:59:58 PM by Doc Daneeka
What happened to Teresa?? She was reanimated near the end and then just disappeared.
|Re: Puppet Master
Posted on October 22, 2008, 03:55:18 PM by ghostbear
I have alwaysed love the Puppet Master movies. The only way they could get any more eppicly wonderful is if they added Bruce Cambell. Then you would just have well The MOVIE!
|Re: Puppet Master
Reply #31. Posted on July 19, 2010, 07:35:13 PM by Kathryn Fan
Kathryn O'Reilly is so beautiful and sexy! She makes the movie. I love how she looks so seductive at the dinner table when they're eating. The sex scene is incredibly hot and kinky! What a babe! Sexy, Sexy, Sexy!
|Re: Puppet Master
Posted on October 15, 2011, 04:15:40 PM by monster93
In my most humble opinion I found the leeches scene both absurd and sexy. Well it is absurd because of course you could notice the difference between a woman's mouth and a puppet's mouth; however he seems to be enjoying what the puppet is doing until he realizes that she has put leeches on his body.
|Pages: 1 2 3  |